Reviews for The Chrysanthemum and the Sword
SolarinStudio chapter 13 . 8/14/2007
A worthy continuation of 'Buried'. I can see now why you had to be so graphic with the prologue. Something was needed to take Kim and Ron out of their 'comfort zone'.

However, this story, by comparison, makes 'Buried' look rushed.

I am really liking your take on the currentdynamic, and the Ninjas of Yamanouchi are entertaning. (I particularly like Sensei's desciplining of Yori.)

Given the forshadowing of the coming magical predations, I can think of no antagonist better suited than Monkey Fist. After all, he is no stranger to the mystic arts.

Shego is an interesting character, and her development seems plausible. I've alway wondered how much of her attitude towards Kim was actual contempt, and how much was professional pride.

Barkin, however, I find harder to swallow. I'll leave it at that.

I do think that the pacing (in parts) tends to fluctuate. It's a great read, and I finished it in an afternoon. But there are parts that go into more details, and others that seem glossed over. I know there is a better way to describe the pacing issue than that, but I can't really put m finger on -WHY- it seems that way. (So I guess it isn't much of a constructive criticism ( )

I'm off to the races on the next story. :)
pwykersotz chapter 13 . 6/15/2007
Yet another excellent (but still very, very dark) story! The road to recovery was quite well done. I particularly liked Ron doing the horribly nasty jobs with no reward except knowing that he was helping Kim. It definitely shows his character as a man.

Now I'm on to your next story!
Mr. Wizard chapter 11 . 4/5/2007
Again, you've really done well with creating a believeable situation. My favorite part was the conversation between Shego and Barkin. I must give you credit with the lapsed Catholic bit for Shego as well. I've gotten some decent mileage from it in my own work.

I'll try to get to the rest of the story later. There's quite a bit of great stuff under your name.
A Markov chapter 13 . 9/21/2006
Another wonderfully written story. You progressed Kim and Ron's relationship very well and dealt with the subject of Shego's motivations in a realistic way.

Your writing was once again captivating and the story was easy to read. I look forward to the next installment and hope that it lives up to your other works in this series.

Falcon airious chapter 12 . 5/21/2006
again great work
LycoX chapter 11 . 5/13/2006
lmfao.. great chapter. Ending is really funny as well.
conan98002 chapter 13 . 1/9/2006
I didnt review already?sorry about that this is a wonderfull series you have written.
Engelmohr2004 chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
Watch the bad lanuge little kids might be reading you know
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 6 . 6/20/2005
Hehe hehehehe. I had a feeling Shego was going to come a little to close to him. I thought that she had some attration to him from the start. Poor Kim is all by herself in the mountains but I hope she can still make it fine on her own. And i lvoed the way you made Shego kiss Ron. I thougt it was cute.

Good chappie.

See Ya!

Mic Mic
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 4 . 6/19/2005
Oh. Cliffie. Major love and oddles of greatness for yur story and this chapter. Personally I like how Kim does want Ron around takes comfort in his being around her a lot. I find that the cutest thing ever.

See Ya!

Mic Mic
Caiyne chapter 13 . 5/9/2005
Better and better, if it's even possible. I just can't get over your way of telling the darker, grittier, more realistic side of KP. Now, I like her Disney image as much as anyone, but it just doesn't grip you like this does. It's not much, but you've found yourself a fanatic... Lucky, eh? Anyway, I eagerly await the conclusion to this trilogy, and, speaking of conclusions, I can't wait for you to finish up Memories, either. Cheers mate.
aragorn559 chapter 13 . 4/30/2005
i must give you unequivicle credit for the effort you put into this. Well done. Also, I wanna quote ron for a few of my statments such as "EW" and "That is sick and wrong" hahahaha. very character-like
compulsivereader chapter 13 . 4/2/2005

Thats a surprise.

You know, I thought Yuri had talked Kim out of the whole turn herself in thing. Why did she do it?

Can't wait to read the 3rd book!
Ace Lannigan chapter 13 . 3/13/2005
Once again very nice. No further quibbles with the final 12 chapters. Sensei's scenes with his popping out from nowhere were great.
Ace Lannigan chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
LEaving a quickie on this chapter. It was really great except for the 'shit' that Ron uttered... It seemed really out of place.

Onto the next chapter.