Reviews for One Last Duty
Darkover chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Dear The Logical Ghost: Like your pen name, you've given us a logical reason why a friend and servant as devoted as Cicero was not there when Maximus passed over into the afterlife. This story makes perfect sense, and you have written it well. You did a fine job of portraying Cicero and his devotion. Thanks for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Gabi1994 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I enjoyed this, so sweet
A. Xenos chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Very well done. I am not obsessed with, but remain fascinated by Cicero. He was a confidante, a respected and loved friend, a groom, but never treated as a servant, as most generals do their "Ciceros." Your last line was most compelling: "It would not do well to lag behind." None of us want to. I also appreciated Cicero's digging up the figurines Juba had buried.
atheneblue chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I love Cicero too! This is very touching - I love the idea of him trailing in his master's wake thru the wheat grass. Lovely!
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
A great story. Very good.
esther chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
argh! so moving! especially that last line XD beautiful! i am a huge cicero fan _ i absolutely loved the devotion and loyalty he showed. KYA! write more more more
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Wow, really lovely. This fits in well with the ending of the film actually. I have used the word atmosphere in my reviews far too much lately, but this does have a wonderful atmosphere.

Nice imagery too. i don't have a cisero-obsession, but i have a friend who does!

My personal thoughts as to why the figarines were buried in the area is that essentially that was where maximus's soul was, or at least had been for the last few months.
MissJinny chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
I, too, have a Cicero obsession. I'm not sure if it's his loyalty, his scars or any combination of several things... but I love him. :)

Nnif -.-
Haracacash chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
Yea! somone else! I feel less alone now for I too have a cicero obsession. very good but just one thing I think you should use their names even just once to clear this up for some people.
DNA chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
That was really lovely...that description of torchlight and darkness; the juxtaposed, "The Tiber had gone to bed. The Styx had come out to play." What wonderful talent...it would be great if you plan on writing more in this genera;) thanks for the vignetter!;)