Reviews for The Way Things Are
Pyxelle chapter 3 . 6/14/2005
Okay. I loved this. I'm all about the Vader angst, as RotS completely changed my outlook on the original trilogy and suddenly I felt like the floor had been pulled out from underneath me...and I love how you show how Vader would have felt horrified if he had turned Luke (that's exactly my take on it as well!)

Pyxelle
HK-47 and Meatbag chapter 3 . 6/5/2005
Amazing, that is about all that I can say.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 3 . 6/3/2005
Wow. I read this before when there was only one chapter and I have to say that the additions make it more complete. Very powerful to read all three in a row like this.

Wow.
vader-incarnate chapter 3 . 6/2/2005
*laughs* In my defense, I didn't mention God at all. Though the SW universe doesn't mention Him, it's pretty common for various cultures to have a deity of some sort. I'm usually quite careful to refer to it only in that context: the Jedi become one with the Force after death rather than entering any sort of heaven.

In this chapter, Vader only refers to a 'precious immortal soul' in derision rather than as a professed belief in a God who doesn't exist in the SW universe.

I *do*, however, think that SW has some cultural belief in hell. If nothing else, Han's line in ESB supports my theory.

This is an effort to show what Vader would face *after* death in this universe, nothing more. When he muses upon differing views about what different cultures believe happens after death, it's just that: idle reminiscing.

I apologize if I offended.

- Elli
NAte chapter 3 . 6/2/2005
I've loved this story so far, a pity you had to ruin it by bringing Christianity into it. Immortal soul indeed! This is the SW universe where our beliefs don't exist. Never once do they refer to god, they don't believe in him.
Hamilcar chapter 2 . 6/1/2005
Dark - very good introspective. _ Well done.
semaniac the 99th chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Really nice! I love it.

Can you recommend any other good Dark Luke authors other than Vancollie and Mink? I'd love to know them!
novelney chapter 2 . 4/26/2005
Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful.
Imhilien chapter 2 . 1/27/2005
Very sad and moving...
Nadreth chapter 2 . 1/26/2005
Wow, loved it! That was very well done.
Jedi-lover chapter 2 . 1/26/2005
Great chapter. It is so, so sad, though.

DMS
LVB chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Wow that was fantastic. My fave line- " forged from the fires of darkness and reborn in a holocaust of death and despair and destruction" - that imagery is so scary. Just brilliant, I'm glad you chose to write a little more. Well done.
Amylion chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Wow! Really beautiful! I wouldn't mind to get some more *wink*

Greetings.
Relyan chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
I like how you continued your previous themes in this story. You did a great job linking the two together. Man, this was great! It was just as good as part one, if not better. I love the emotion in this story - it was sad, yet comforting. Good Job!
angelsdarla chapter 1 . 1/21/2005