Reviews for The Siren
Maidenhair chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Ah! This is good! I wrote a fic about Christine thinking there are mermaids too (except mine is really... morbid, and nothing like yours). It's called My Angel My Love if you want to read it.

But anyway, this is really good! Go-you!
DeannaM chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Brava.
Fallowdoe chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Lovely one-shot. It's hard to find good phantom fic sometimes, so I especially appreciate this little jewel. The characterization is especially good. The right balance of sad whimsy on Erik's part in the story, and you really hit the nail on the head with the way Christine deals with the melding of fantasy and reality. Great stuff- thanks for sharing!
Froek1881 chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
lovely. Could easily have been a chapter in Kay's Phantom.
thalia chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Lovely! You really get into Kay's characters! There's Christine who still believes in fairy tales while at the same time she doesn't - and yet, the stories might just be true after all. :o)

Erik's perfect as well: His dry sense of humour, his mischievous nature, the wish to make Christine happy, his joy that Christine is still so childlike which can so easily change into frustration that she's still so childlike.

You captured it all. Thanks for writing this story! I really hope you'll write out the "tea plot bunny". :o)
Pandora Culpa chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Lovely piece, as I believe I've told you already. ;) Though I don't know the fandom, this is still an easy read, with a very nice feel about it. It has a very different tone than the HP fics, which makes sense, really. Very different types of characters, and it's a testament to your writing ability that you are able to handle both so admirably. Great job, m'dear, though of course I'd expect nothing else from you! :)
ElfLover chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Lovely, just lovely. Another masterpiece.

Indeed, what sort of creature could possibly think Erik's voice anything but beautiful? Mermaids must be very strange...

~ElfLover
heartnut chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Very well-written. Followed the link from LJ here. I think you've got a great talent for writing Kay-centric Phantom phic. You could fill in a lot of the gaps of her story if you wanted to.
PiccoloFrivolous chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
That was so sweet. ;D

Made me happy!

Kessie
No One Mourns the Wicked chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
That was wonderful! The ending made me go, "aw!" Very unique idea, too!
xLadyJackal chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
I thank you so much for that! I heard everything in it, you painted a very real picture of this for me. This is most definately going on my favorites. This section is getting much too crowded by movie phics, we need more Susan Kay phics, or even Gaston Leroux. I'm sorry, I'm ranting again, aren't I? Again, great story!
7Kleio chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
The fantasy element in phic is sadly neglected... Thank you! This was lovely!

Regards,

T'Res
NorthAngel27 chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Beautiful, just lovely. I truly enjoyed this little piece. It seemed to have the sort of magical quality about it that is so lacking in Phantom fanfics, and which I believe they require. It does Erik a disservice to make him too human, to strip away too much of his mystery. Please write more. We need more fanfiction like this.
Maeko-Nohara chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Wow. That was wonderful. The writing style's fabulous and concept is extremely interesting. I love it :P

-Mae
Doomed Delight chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
This is really good. I don't think I've read one quite like this. Very nice charaterization and you have a smooth writting style as well.