Reviews for Book the 3rd and a half: The Frightful Forest
Super E-Man AGAIN chapter 14 . 6/10/2006
God, Mr Poe is retarded
Anon chapter 14 . 10/25/2005
this was a wicked story and a very good intrepretion of A Series Of Unfortunate Events!
Runa chapter 7 . 6/16/2005
Keep wrighting i beg of you. Keep wrighting
runa chapter 13 . 6/11/2005
i can't belive i read all 13 chapters today i can't wait to read chapter 14 hurry up and wright it or your getting angry leters from me
runa chapter 9 . 6/11/2005
your poems are realy good and the chapter is even better
runa chapter 4 . 6/11/2005
chapter 4

best yet! i'm going on to the next chapter
runa chapter 3 . 6/11/2005
i'm realy injoying reading this fanfic your doing realy good.

p.s.

i always review after every chapter so you'l hear alot from me
runa chapter 2 . 6/11/2005
this is the best fanfic i've read so far about the baudelaire orphans the caracters sound like they would in the book
Amican chapter 13 . 5/6/2005
Nice work. I particularly liked the part with Mr. Poe yelling at Klauss over the Aztec thing; he really is quite useless, isn't he? Is that an actual Aztec god you mentioned?

Grammatically, let me point out that compound sentences need either a conjunction or a semicolon in the middle, not a comma. So the last sentence should be ". . . another person entered into the Temple; Sunny jumped out. . ." (Or "Sunny had jumped out"). The one-sentence second paragraph seems awkward as well, but I'm not sure how to rephrase it and keep the style.
Amican chapter 12 . 4/22/2005
In real life, bad experiences with drugs would seem tragic; why is it they make for such entertaining passages in fiction? Great chapter, and I particularly loved the dual translation of Sunny's "Sibs!" I should probably be offended by "some people are teachers," but I'll let it pass.

A couple points: In the first sentence, "world's" should be possesive, not plural. Second, in the second paragraph after the break, the first sentence might sound smoother as "People - namely the Baudelaire oprhans - were afraid. . ." Third, in the next paragraph after that, frightening-looking should be hyphenated (though it might just be reduced to frightening; whichever fits the style better).
Quilynn chapter 12 . 4/21/2005
Good work, as per usual. Your plot is shaping up quite nicely and I see you've refound your author's voice. :-)

Only two more chapters to go? Good golly, you'll be the first of us siblings to finish anything! Excellent. Onward!
Amican chapter 11 . 4/11/2005
Honestly, I don't see why you hate this chapter. I think quilynn already covered the most notable grammatical issue, though I would also make it "near what it appeared was supposed to be an altar" in the second-to-last paragraph, and possibly put a semi-colon after between "will" and "but" in that very long opening sentence.

Otherwise, I quite liked this. The side comments about the doornail and meaning of the word empty were particularly enjoyable. I just hope/fear that the person discovering Sunny will be someone either evil or incompetent (or both), someone awful enough to teach DADA at Hogwarts, thus making the situation that much worse before it gets better.

Or at any rate, from a plot-perspective, whoever opens it should at least be significant to the rest of the story. Whoever it is, I masochistically look forward to the no-doubt horribly depressing next chapter.
Quilynn chapter 11 . 4/10/2005
End of fourth paragraph:

"Sunny had to the urge to make some noise..."

Take out the "to" and you'll be set on that. That was the only grammer-ish thing I noticed.

Contrary to your dislike of the chapter, this is actually my favorite so far. Sunny in the chest worked out really well and I especially enjoyed the doornail commentary and the useless teeth.

I suspect you are unsatisfied because it strays somewhat from the Snicket style. The narrative doesn't have as much personality as some of your past chapters. I think that might have been caused by Sunny having a little more personality than usual... which I rather liked.

I never got into poetry because of english teachers and the way it was presented... not until I took a class called Modern Italian Poetry. We read poems from a couple books and sat in a circle and talked about them: not in the forced way you often do in classes, but just reacting out loud. Very good professor, that one, I took that class just because she was teaching it (took 3 classes from her in all because I liked her so much). Soon after that I got over my hatred of poetry. Hope you do too, soon, because you're quite good at it.
Amican chapter 10 . 4/1/2005
Oh, evil ending. I like it.

As usual, the content is excellent so I will correct a few details of grammer. First, in the opening sentence, it should be "there" instead of "their." Secondly, in the last paragraph I would say "had been merely frightened" (or perhaps "had merely been frightened") rather than "were."

In between, I see quite a few places I would have put commas, but I'm not sure it's actually wrong and the way you do it does keep the fast pace going nicely. There were a couple of spots where words re-occur closely that I might word differently: "being immediately answered by someone answering the door" and "faced with the evil villain face-to-face."

Other than that, this is a delightfully awful story, and I look forward to seeing how much worse it can get.
accccount.deleted chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
FINALLY! A STORY WORTHY OF THE SNICKET SERIES! You know how long I have searched for you? -cling- Are you sure you aren't Lemony Snicket in disguise?