Reviews for Whisper
ReDish chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Beautiful. Our culture is very unaccepting of death, which is not right.
Acacia Lazuli chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Agh, that was tragic! Beautiful. I know this pain: several years an ex-lover (who I'd left ONLY because he was underage) whom I had named my first born son after, committed suicide. Everyday I know that pain. But I have my child, I must choose differently. And so I read fanfic...to stay distracted. Thank you for making it worth my time.
Lunacy Glow chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Wow...

Beautiful oneshot. Terribly sad, yes, but that's the point. In less than two thousand words, you bring the reader on the verge of tears, with a knot in his throat.

It also makes one think as how far promises go, and what you should never say. The one thought in my head while reading this was "I'll never promise anyone, no matter who he is, that I won't take my life".

I really like the beginning of the story, the first lines about playing death. Well done with that.

And the part where the friends try to "rescue" her... I know I would have done the same, try to help this person, to divert her from her sorrow... But you give us the other point of view, you force us to agree with Hermione and to wish that these friends let her be.

The ending is also amazing. Never before had I seen death to be the perfect, happy ending. But here it is. We feel grateful that Midgey took this decision and that death was the best that could happen to Hermione.

All in all... I really like it. I find this oneshot just... perfect, meaning that there is nothing you could change to make it better, nothing to criticize.
goldensunsets chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
wow. this is a very powerful one shot, and i'm truly impressed by how you explain hermione's pain and what she is going through. i found it very interesting that she plays dead all the time, and that really tied into everything else in here. i also love that the house-elf felt this way, and that she stayed with her too. just really good.
Droxy chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Hm for a person who loves writing fluff, this is a wonderful dramatic fic. I love the ending. This fic is now in my C2 since FFN lifted the restrictions on archiving.

So much loss and emptiness, I really feel for Hermione. The fact she cannot get over her grief is heartbreaking, despite those around her who lover her.
iloveseverussnape chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
This is one of the best Severus Hermione stories I have ever read. It was the perfect mixture of angst and a dash of romance. I cried so hard while reading it! Loved it! Oh, and plz update Incident in Hogsmede. I love that story too!
Change-Of-Heart2 chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
Ah... angsty but sweet all rolled into one. I swear I had tears in my eyes... Nice work.
Bluefurryelf chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
That was so ... sad!

I love it!
Jasque chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
Very angsty to me. Anyway I love this story to pieces and especially Midgey! Her undying devotion to Severus and helping Hermione to gain what she wanted all those years. The ending really was unexpected. Anyway great writing here )!
The Great and Powerful Oz chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
this was so good
Courtney-Christina chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
Delightfully morbid and very unique
Khyharah chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
wow is all i can say! i just finished "incident in the great hall" and wanted to see what else you had. i can't imagine a greater suffering in life. you described her feelings so well, so detailed. it's easy to see though why she would feel that way. granted i know this story had nothing to do with "incident" but the way you described her feelings in that story were so intense, so all consuming. great job!
azulkan2 chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
This is how I would picture the 2 of them. Great little story.

I wrote one and would like you to read it. It's at I hope you like it.
Angie chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Sixandseventynine alerted me to this fic. What a beautiful piece of writing. Extremely moving. Kudos
Cherdy the Molologist chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
I read the reccommendation on the WIKTT board, and decided to check it out. Very good, very sad but I am glad it ended that way, I was hoping throughout the entire thing that that would happen. I will definitely add it to my list of reccommended fics.