Reviews for Candles Against the Sea
Wanweird chapter 20 . 9/14
Thank you so much for this story. Normally, I try to leave myself out of reviews and comment directly on the work, but... between health issues and anxiety and all the little things... I was trying to find a story to lose myself in for a while - but everything I came across was poorly written and many were also full of nothing but angst. And then I found this.

You certainly write well enough that I was finally able to enjoy just reading. And then there's the fact that it was clear from the first chapter that this was building to a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, without suffocating the story in OOC fluff so that I was ejected from the universe.

One of the things they teach about self-management of pain is to distract yourself. And this story really, really helped, even though I highly doubt you wrote it with that in mind. Now I'm several hours closer to the surgery and I didn't spend them focusing on the pain. So, just, thank you. Thank you so much.
JediMagnet09 chapter 20 . 7/19
I loved this story. It wasn't out of character as some pieces tend to be. And it captured their dilemma so perfectly. The writing was great. The plot was well thought out. Thank you for sharing. :)
Kawazoe Kumiko chapter 10 . 6/17
*sobs**sniff* I am *sniff* so not *sniff* crying!
I used to read your stories about ten years ago. I've been in a retrospective mood lately, after running out of new Star Wars fanfics in the wake of Episode VII, and I remembered your work - and I am so happy that I did. These have absolutely stood the test of time. This is the sweetest story, and I love the dynamic you write between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan so so much. This brought a smile to my face and made my evening.
Binksy chapter 20 . 1/1
This story was adorable with the right amount of angst and fluff. Thank you for sharing this with us.
SK12Monster chapter 20 . 12/3/2015
No matter how many times I read this, it's still wonderful! Great job :)
kinosternon chapter 20 . 10/11/2015
I'm really glad I found this fic, and that you wrote it (even if you wrote it ten years ago now, whoa). I'm not too familiar with the Star Wars fandom, much less the Jedi Apprentice books, but this was wonderful. The relationships between the characters were fantastic, and the descriptions in your narrative rang true emotionally. This was a really cathartic read, and very satisfying. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the installments in the series.
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 10/4/2015
The amazing power that comes from not knowing what you are doing is impossible.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/3/2015
Doesn't matter how long after your last post, huh? How about ten-plus years? Heh... I've only just found your work, and now it's been ten years. It's incredible, and I'm sure you've only improved after so long. Can't wait to catch up with what you've posted.

Anyway, they're so sweet-Obi and Quig and Nibbi. They bonded so well, and quite realistically. Great job. :]
soaring freedom chapter 20 . 6/8/2015
i wasn't going to review because this story was written almist ten years ago.
but here i am.
first i have to congratulate you on the story's name, i loved the whole remember the dead scene and the last line of the story was brilliant.
i loved Nibbi a lot, he was cute and his character was very well written.
i loved the way you describe Obi-Wan's feeling
and the cutting scene with Amora was great.
i can't wait to read more of your work
WriterGirl7673 chapter 20 . 5/31/2015
This is THE BEST Obi Wan and Qui Gon bonding fic EVER. I love the balance of introspection and plot. Well done. :)
Aviendha91 chapter 20 . 8/10/2014
Enjoyed it! Loved Nibbi. Didn't get too dark but had just enough angst. Know it has been forever since you wrote this but you did say to review at any time.
Andrasta14 chapter 20 . 7/25/2014
A very lovely story and a great pleasure to read. Beautifully written and quite touching in many places (without being overly melodramatic which is always a plus, lol) especially during the candle lighting scene - that one definitely brought a tear or two to my eye. Very much enjoyed your portrayal of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and even liked the OCs, which is a bit rare for me.

And if you've written a sequel to this yet I'm certainly looking forward to reading it. Thanks so much for writing! :D
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 9 . 7/14/2014
I love the way you portrayed Obi-Wan's forgiving nature. :-D
maryg92844 chapter 12 . 5/31/2014
This is such a lovely story. Thank you for writing for us!