Reviews for Candles Against the Sea
MurdockianQueen chapter 20 . 7/21
Oh. My. Gosh. I wholeheartedly approve. I cried. And died. And Lived. This fic was amazing. Kudos to you, since writing a story focusing on someone's spirit and soul hurting rather than their physical body is really rather difficult. But you achieved it. Perfectly.

Also kudos on how amazingly you worked in all of the original characters. It's hard to make OCs so loveable, but you managed that perfectly, too! So way to go!

I guess I'll point out that there are a few minor grammatical errors that could be fixed with a simple read through. The mistake most made was that you would sometimes forget to end a paragraph with a period or some other kind of punctuation. But again, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a simple read through.

Again. This fic was amazing! Definitely a favorite of mine! Thank you!

*Over-exaggerated thumbs up*

-Queen
nonstop19 chapter 20 . 2/21
I absolutely loved this story!
PSW chapter 20 . 5/28/2018
This was a lovely story. :-) I haven’t read much Star Wars, but but I’m glad I stumbled across this one. Good writing, good characterizations, well-drawn scenes — and Obi-Wan as a 13 y/o was precious. Thx so much for sharing
Alexa Hiwatari chapter 20 . 4/16/2018
Really I loved it dearly so cute!
Ena-Han Kenobi chapter 1 . 3/31/2018
I have read this many times and just noticed the “is that why he hasn’t touched my shoulder” part lol ;)
Guest chapter 20 . 1/16/2018
This will always be my favorite fanfic. I have cried numerous times reading it. Please do make a sequel, if that is your plan. You have no idea how touched I was by this. I was the Obi-Wan in your story, in my own life, and I was blessed with having the same miracle occur with someone very close to me. Thank you for putting into words what I never could, and for filling me with hope, even if this was just a story. You never know when you change someone's life. Thanks again, keep up the good work.
cosbysweaters chapter 20 . 11/3/2017
Ahh, I really loved this! I read it in basically a day between errands. Thanks so much for sharing :).
clairedeviltrashTM chapter 1 . 10/14/2017
I can't remember if I've left an review for this story before (i'm very shy about leaving reviews TBH) but I wanted to tell you that this is one of my favorite fanfic a of all time in any fandom, it's so moving and beautiful and touching and exquisitely written and it just swells my heart and soul with joy and sadness and angst and beauty and love :}}} i discovered this gem of a fic back in 2008 and i've reread it at least twice a year every year since like a ritual, like my favorite book. Never stop writing cause you have a gift (especially for good hurt/comfort/angst) and your writing has comforted and delighted me for years now. Thank you so much for doing what you're doing and i hope to keep reading your stuff for years to come :))))
NabooRose chapter 20 . 8/4/2017
Awwww, yes! The parting is so, so, so adorably cute! 3
I absolutely loved this story. In fact, all of your stories are amazing and a pleasure to read. Obi/Qui angsty stories are my favorites, and it's nice to have one not including torture. I really like the way you wrote the part where Qui-Gon went into Obi's mind. The descriptions of his feelings and everything was just so perfect. Also, the candle ceremony was so heartbreakingly sweet. 3

Thanks SO MUCH for writing this, and (if you're still willing) a sequel would be AMAZING! :D

-NabooRose 3
Savvywolf chapter 20 . 6/23/2017
Enjoyable and heartwarming I love it. I know it's an old story for you but thank you for contributing it. There is a matter of joy in the love of family and you captured it very well.
Silverleaf chapter 20 . 1/25/2017
awesome, amazing
Blacktabby chapter 20 . 1/15/2017
I absolutely loved this story; it was nicely done and made me want to read more from this author.
PadmeRulez chapter 1 . 1/1/2017
Truly beautiful writing. The last few chapters where Qui-Gon decides that the conversation can't wait much longer are so perfect and beautifully heart-wrenching. If you write a sequel, do let me know.
Jo chapter 20 . 11/5/2016
That. Was. Fantastic! Great story, and a great message.
Wanweird chapter 20 . 9/14/2016
Thank you so much for this story. Normally, I try to leave myself out of reviews and comment directly on the work, but... between health issues and anxiety and all the little things... I was trying to find a story to lose myself in for a while - but everything I came across was poorly written and many were also full of nothing but angst. And then I found this.

You certainly write well enough that I was finally able to enjoy just reading. And then there's the fact that it was clear from the first chapter that this was building to a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, without suffocating the story in OOC fluff so that I was ejected from the universe.

One of the things they teach about self-management of pain is to distract yourself. And this story really, really helped, even though I highly doubt you wrote it with that in mind. Now I'm several hours closer to the surgery and I didn't spend them focusing on the pain. So, just, thank you. Thank you so much.