Reviews for Candles Against the Sea
Allocin chapter 19 . 5/27/2005
My, you certainly know how to make a girl squeal with delight. A very touching chapter.
SFGrl chapter 18 . 5/25/2005
Oh, that was the sweetest thing ever!

Lovely.

A
Petite Doll chapter 18 . 5/25/2005
1 . 2 . 3 . . Aw!

That was sweet, and your scenes with the Force inside Obi's head were written very well.
A. NuEvil chapter 18 . 5/24/2005
My dear, my dear, I have no words to describe how wonderful this chapter is. Wow!

The imagery is beautiful...especially Obi's love for Qui.

This story has just been wonderful. I can't wait to read the following chapters to see how everything resolves.

Wow.
Visage chapter 18 . 5/24/2005
What a lovely tale you've been weaving here. I was always a sucker for the Qui and Obi father/sun relationships stories. The Candle ceremony had me in tears. Such a beautiful way to remember and honor the dead. How did you ever think of it! Thank you for sharing this with us!
diagram12345 chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
A wonderful character study!
Crydwyn chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
I loved the description of Obi-wans love escaping from the box... well I can't quite explain how I envisioned it, but it made me feel all warm and fluffy inside!

Looking forward to your next update

~*~Cry~*~
Tallera chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
Oh. My. God. This is...truly amazing. Having just seen Episode I yesterday, I came to this site looking for some good Qui/Obi bonding fluff, but this is SO much more than I ever expected to find! Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and all of your original characters are brilliantly developed and fully, emotionally REAL. The pain is heartfelt, the angst is genuine and well-explored, and the love between Master and Padawan is incredibly moving. I've always been rather saddened by the tendency of many fanfic writers to limit their explorations of the Qui/Obi relationship to slash...there are so many different layers to that Master/pupil relationship that get swept aside in favor of gratuitous sexual exploits. I MUCH prefer your take on the subject! :) Please keep up the astonishingly good work! :D

P.S. - I'm glad to know the chiropractor was able to help you! :D
Ciryature Sea Elf chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
You... are a goddess. I’ve been away from my computer for a bit, which meant I got three chapters when I came back. That made me very happy. This last one though, wow; You’ve outdone yourself. I love the imagery you used when they were inside Obi-Wan’s mind. Do you do yoga or meditation, or was that all out of your own head?

So glad that the truth finally came out; you certainly put poor Obi-Wan through the wringer! The parallels with Amora are neat too, I’m looking forward to seeing more resolution with her. And I love what you said about Obi-Wan not knowing how to release his emotions into the Force. It makes a lot of sense for his character, both in your fic and in the larger cannon universe. The JA books always kinda bothered me in that way (although I haven’t read them all, so maybe I’m missing something). I had some trouble seeing where that Obi-Wan became the Obi-Wan of the movies. I think your fic works very nicely for that.

Wow, long review, eh? To sum up, wonderful job! As usual, can’t wait for more.
Jedi Mase chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
WOW... just Wow. "...the quiet despiration of a lonely young heart." You never fail to astound me, Laura. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to bawl my eyes out now.
Wind Wanderer chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
Ahh, that was as sweet as sugar. i liked it, more soon please
Jaaveccheveux chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
Wonderful. Simply wonderful, one of the best chapters I have ever read. It is so beautifuly written! We can really see everything, and feel every emotion. You really have the touch of a writer! ;)
Allocin chapter 18 . 5/23/2005
If this were the Harry Potter fandom, there would have been much screaming and self-pitying from the one who would take Obi-Wan's place (Harry, normally).

I have never been so pleased that this is not Harry Potter.

It's just absolutely awesome that, instead of Obi-Wan trying to articulate it, he could just show him. Visualising it was probably more powerful for me as a reader than trying to not make the characters sound soap-opera in my head. And I loved how the last thing to come out of The Shame Box was something wonderful, like a blanket made of light.

I will be devastated when this story finishes, but never fear! I will be here to poke you into writing more, because I am JUST THAT ANNOYING.
FightingDestiny chapter 17 . 5/22/2005
this is great
spazkit chapter 17 . 5/21/2005
This is amazingly good O_o Great job!
310 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »