Reviews for Unfinished Business
Alamo Girl chapter 13 . 1/25/2006
I am exuberant that I finally deiced to read this story. I had shied from it, believing that it might be a bit too much of a tear jerker for my tastes (with Hermonie dying and all), but I was incredibly wrong. This was a brilliant, interesting and very entertaining story -

with equal parts great drama and heart tugging romantic angst.

You kept the tension between Snape and Hermonie going through out the chapters, a hard feat, believe me. Bravo! The added semi-sub plot of the two of them translating and making the Phoenix Tears was lent to the authenticity of the story. Snape must be doing what he does best – when he’s not being the twisted git the kids know him as. *grin*

You painted a most interesting and fresh approach to the ghost world, even though my heart did ach for Hermonie losing Harry and Ron eventually. I think her finding out about Ron’s wedding pulled at me the most – her realizing the passage of time was wonderfully written and heart felt.

And, of course, you write Snape masterfully! Jo Rowling would be proud, I dare say. He was vivid, intriguing, tortured, caustic (and sexy) – which is why his character appeals to me so.

Wonderful job to you and your beta. Give her a cookie for all her hard work… and you have one too!

~Alamo Girl
Candelabra chapter 13 . 1/22/2006
Agh! I was so worried at the beginning of the chapter. I thought it would be an angsty but romantic ending. But the Happy Hopeless Romantics won! :)

I'm really quite impressed. I don't normally like this pairing, but this time ... it was just perfect. I loved it. This is an incredible fic. :)

And I'm just laying on the flattery ...

~Amareth's Shadow
Candelabra chapter 11 . 1/22/2006
! Oh my gods! I've been to Old Sarum!

Sorry.

Anyway, great fic!
Arysta chapter 13 . 1/2/2006
Hadn't realized that this fic had been removed, but I'm very glad to see it reposted. Delcious, and I *love* the ending! Wonderful job!
WhoGirl91 chapter 13 . 12/31/2005
this is really good. i was a bit cross at ron when he was being a bit off about replying to hermiones letters. i'm really glad that severus came back though. the very last 2 chapters just made me laugh.
persephuzzled chapter 13 . 12/16/2005
This is an amazing story. i absolutely love the ending (haha i didn't have to turn in my membership card. yay!) It's both serious and lighthearted, and i love your explanation for Snape's looks. It's wonderful.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm writing a parody right now and i was wondering if i could use your idea of Fred and George's insulting quill. Like, it would just be mentioned that Snape wants one, and maybe he should check out Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. It would, of course, be included in the disclaimer. Is that OK with you?
Jalen Strix chapter 13 . 12/15/2005
Hurrah! An absolutely lovely tale, with a brilliant development of the relationship between Hermione & Severus.

A splendid evening's read - thanks very much!
Plumbum chapter 13 . 12/12/2005
That was great fun...and I will fail my exam tomorrow!
NumbuhZero chapter 13 . 12/10/2005
Aw!

This is such a sweet story!

(Hugs for all!)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

-Queen of the Gnomes,

NumbuhZero
Jack's Wench chapter 13 . 12/8/2005
Amazing writing as usual. This piece and "Hinge" are two of the best fanfics I have ever read.

Good luck with publishing "for real".
Anonymous chapter 13 . 12/4/2005
Perfect.
Luna12 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
I loved this story and actually read it all in one-sitting (I was up to 4 AM, but it was worth it). It's great to see you develop as a writer. Your "The Souvenir" story is much better written, but this story is also very good. You do an excellent job developing the characters and making them 3-D, living beings. You throw in and weave in all the original elements from the books expertly. I think Hermione's initial reaction to being dead wasn't as in-character as it could have been (but I'm being very nit-picky at this point). I could imagine her being a bit more upset and in denial, esp. when Minerva refuses to awknowledge her. I loved your portrayal of Harry, esp. how he has stayed a true friend to Hermione. Ron's reaction was also well done and in-character. Your magical theory is well thought out. I'm not sure why Hermione would ever want to be in clothing other than her school robes (unless it was a special occasion), because she loved being a student. Many wonderful and original ideas.
Arashi chapter 13 . 11/15/2005
Bloody F*cking AWESOME!

That was so good, I stayed up all night reading Unfinished Business, I couldn't stop...

And for the first time, I think ever, I cried at the end... Bloody Brilliant!

You should be damn proud of yourself, Ramos, and I Thank you so much for giving me the pleasure of reading this Wonderfully Written Story.

Beautiful...

Arashi .
Mother of Tears chapter 13 . 11/5/2005
What an incredible story! Loved, Loved, LOVED it!
Alenor chapter 13 . 10/14/2005
oh this is a brilliant fic, i absolutely love it, cya later.
709 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 .. Last Next »