Reviews for Age of Mortals
SteadfastHand chapter 13 . 11/20
So, I am obviously very late to the party with this story. I only found this two days ago and just decided to binge read the whole thing. I just, out of nowhere, got the need to read some good Warcraft fanfiction. Ok, it was probably all the Warcraft movie news, but whatever. I looked around for a bit, but nothing was really hitting the mark. Until I found this.

I must commend you, this is very good work. Like others have pointed out, there are some minor errors, but nothing that having a reader give it a one over wouldn't fix. I greatly enjoyed the story. The development of the characters and the plot were both very well done. It was almost exactly what I was looking for. The only things that bothered me story wise were pretty minor. I really enjoy the ThrallxJaina pairing. In a lot of stories pairing the two happens very quickly, doesn't get the development it needs, and then feels like it's trying way too hard. You have not done this, and I thank you for that. You've kept the integrity of the characters pretty true to form. Thank you for your story, keep writing!
Elagi chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
I'm popping back in to review after JUST finishing the whole thing. Wow, what a journey! I have so much to say without a whole lot of wit to say it, but I'll do my best.

Firstly, let me congratulate you on a plot well-crafted and well-handled. Very character-driven, and as you write well-rounded, distinctive characters, it was a pleasure all around. Very solid motivation and development; I am fairly demanding an epilogue, though, because the ending was SUPER abrupt, and it left me whimpering at the unfairness of it all. I realize it's been over a year, but pleeeeeeaaaase, if you still have use of your eyes to read this and your hands to write, scribble something up. I need more closure!

Of course, amongst all of the good, there were still improvements to make. I remember reading in one of the author notes that you are aware of your errors (not grammatical, by the way; most of them were mechanical and largely to do with spelling. You have this habit of using soft-consonant sounds rather than harder ones (you replace t with d very often, such as writing "send" instead of "sent", or sometimes flat out using a wrong word that sounds similar to the one you want, i.e. "injured" vs. "endured."), which would be easily fixable with an additional reader checking your stuff. If you are still writing, find yourself a good beta; the errors are not ruining your story, but they make it a little difficult to understand at times, disrupting the flow of your beautiful prose-style.

The timeline was also a little vague-the narrative jumped ahead days at times with no warning to the reader. Again, this can be helped by having someone look at your work beforehand and point out where s/he is confused. This did not happen often, but it was jarring the few times that it did.

Now, back to awesomeness. You have a talent for writing action that I envy immensely. Your imagery is clear and vibrant without being verbose, and that is quite a nice trick to pull off! Your language is also expressive and nearly poetic at times without coming off as hammy or trying-too-hard. You had me at hook, line, and sinker. I teared up at the end! Rock on!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience. I hope to see an epilogue eventually, but even if I don't, this is a read I will remember for quite some time.
mirari1 chapter 13 . 7/13/2009
First of all, congrats on finishing this! This is actually one of the first Warcraft fics I started reading back in the day, but I never reviewed because I was sure it was abandoned (no excuse, I know, bad reader is bad, lol). I really admire the fact that a) you had the drive to see it through to the end, even after nearly 4 years and b) you did it without the writing suffering a drop in quality as a result. This fic has, by far, one of the most well-imagined settings I've ever read - Felwood has never seemed so creepy and ominous. You've also got one of the most original plots involving canon characters that I've seen. Quite plausible, too, that Archimonde would have a backup plan. You went in a different direction with some of the characters (notably Jaina) than the usual fanon interpretations, which was interesting and I think worked well in terms of the story. And even though I'm a casual Jaina/Thrall shipper myself, I like that there was way more to the storyline than just that aspect. Romance with an actual plot, ftw! Not that I would object to that epilogue, should you choose to write it:-p. Anyway, I hope you decide to write more Warcraft fic in the future, and I'll definitely keep an eye out!
Kyn chapter 13 . 6/29/2009
AGreed. You own all :P
Awreel chapter 11 . 8/20/2008
interesting, I like it very much.. please update soon
Nara Bluestar chapter 10 . 2/23/2008
This is good! You have a knack for describing really gross, gruesome places. That bit about the rats in the corpse pile made me want to puke. And that's a compliment! I'll be checking back for updates.
Splendid Shadows chapter 8 . 2/14/2006
Ack, it's only now I remember to review! But please continue this; I totally love it and it's one of the BEST Warcraft stories here! Consider this faved! :)
lisilgirl chapter 8 . 11/29/2005
Kyn chapter 8 . 10/24/2005
ye! More! more! more! more! I particularly like all your metaphors and other literary devices :P Can you tell my language arts teacher is currently pounding literary tools into my skull? huh? huh? :P
TheDane chapter 8 . 10/20/2005
Another marvelous part of a good story. I really liked this last passage with Jaina and Thrall. Keep up the good work :)
biskmatar757 chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
nice beginning dude i look forward to reading the rest o the chapters
wraithsoldier chapter 8 . 9/25/2005
nice. i like that orc blade master, hearttickler. i would like to find out more about him. cant wait to find out more about the hallow one either. keep on updating cuase ill keep on readin :)
wraithsolder chapter 7 . 9/11/2005
good story. im interested to here the story of the satyrs and y the night elves would be protecting them from the demons.
TheDane chapter 7 . 9/1/2005
really nice chapter Sheitan :) I really like your orc-characters.
Zealit chapter 7 . 8/11/2005
Good chapter. Cant wait so update or i wil do something nasty. lol