Reviews for Ripple Effect
Majestically Mystical chapter 22 . 12/12/2006
Wonderful.

Brilliant.

This was wonderful - I was obsessed particularly with the accuracy of the characters, and... THAT OROCHIMARU VOICE SASUKE DOES! . Seriously. Everytime he did it, I like, squealed. XD

SASUKE WAS CHARACTERIZED PERFECTLY. Everybody else was too.

I was confused for some of it [a lot of it] but all in all this was wonderful. And the Ripple Effect metaphor... FANTASTIC.

I loved Sasuke's student...
Van the Key of Lain chapter 22 . 12/12/2006
I am amazed.

After having just finished this story, in which I would spend hours into the wee morning trying to get through it, I'm still in awe and a little shakey.

This was one of the most suprisingly awesome fanfics I have read for the Naruto series. Truth be told, I was pointed to this fic first by being told that Sakura and Lee were a pair in this. As I started into the story, I was apprehencive at first - Sasuke, not being a character I enjoy, was the main character. However he was written so well. He was really believeable. The fact that this story was mostly Sasuke-centric, yet I was hooked since chapter 1; proves the wonder of this fic.

I loved all the characters represented, hated some of the things done, but loved others. What was great was also the random bits of laughs to make it light and serious all together. Part of me wishes this were the canical to the actully series, though maybe things might have gone slightly different.

Either way, I must say thank you for all the time and hard work put into this. It really paid off! *smiles and gives a thumbs up* Should you do any further revisions; or perhaps a time jump forward to this story, I will be here.

If not, that's alright too; But you've inspired me.

~ VantheKeyofLain
Quentin B. Caulfield chapter 14 . 11/30/2006
MM, great story - been keeping me up at night, but totally worth the lack of sleep.

One question though, what is it that Sasuke figured out? A bit too much ambiguity there, unless it's to be revealed later (and I haven't read up to that part yet), but if not, then a little clarification?

But aside from that, great job. A few places taht I had to work though, but its stimulating to find good ambiguity in fanfiction - leaves a refreshing flavor in the mouth.

QBc
CactusGuy chapter 22 . 11/19/2006
Hands down, the most impressive and immersive story I've ever read on the internet. Including the actual Naruto manga. :)

There's so much to praise here that it would be hard to write it all down, so I think I can sum it up by calling it professional. The utter contrast between the characters despite their similarities, the multiple levels of thought going on, the friendship/political drama dialogue. These are the highlights, along with an exceptional "the sky is over-cast today" stylistic choice to the writing.

If I had anything negative to say, it would be on Naruto and Akatsuki. Akatsuki obviously wasn't an integral part of the story, except for a few shifted motives and an odd snatch in the epilogue. If you had found a different mechanic to use, they could have been omitted completely. Basically, if you had to use Akatsuki, then you probably should have delved a little deeper into them- reader recognition is all they were used for.

10/10
Shinsou Tengen Wabisuke chapter 22 . 10/31/2006
Other people said what I would've said far better than I would. I just wanna say I kind of cried knowing that was the ending. This was one of the most realistic stories I've read. What really made me want to cry was the way Naruto was at first. Reminded me of my meds. I'd give this more than two thumbs up if I had any more than two. Good job.
Itallia chapter 22 . 10/1/2006
This was a really good story. I like the way it's written, with little things that symbolize or reference the way characters are feeling and stuff. It's very clever, really. The ending is also appropriate. So..it's Sasuke and Hinata together? There was some wording that confused me, so I just want to make sure I've got it right. It was interesting that their daughter would be born blind, pretty possible when you think about it, actually. The knowledge on the mangekyou's effects are very limited as it is.
Essyllus chapter 22 . 9/29/2006
Nice. One of the longest, thorough stories I have ever read. My feelings on this is on the fence though.

What I did appreciate was Sasuke's characterization. Done incredibly well- he is not too stoic nor overemotional.

One of the most touching scenes was when someone, I think it was Sakura, got mad at him when he said that he didn't care about Naruto in Ch. 21. It pretty much embodied everything about Sasuke...

But one part I didn't like is Sakura's character. I know it is vaguely AU, and depressing because of her and Naruto's degeneration. Sakura was realistically jaded.. written well... but I personally, did not enjoy it.

As for the epilogue, I felt that Ch. 21 should have stopped there for it to be truly tragic. But it made me happy because of the arranged!SasuHina in there. _

And the subtleties (sp?), the insinuations, everything... well done, though there were parts, cutoffs, that I didn't quite get.

All in all, an extremely well done fic. One of the most intricate I've ever had a pleasure(?) to read.

Essyllus
boyarina chapter 12 . 9/23/2006
love it!
shadows chapter 22 . 9/10/2006
While the whole story, had me intrigued, yet uncertain as to where it was headed, chapter 21 just brought it all together beautifully, and I kind of wish I had just stopped there. Every section of chapter 21, leading up to Sasuke and Sakura meeting up with a conscious Naruto in his cell were so tense and foreboding - it was subtly suspenseful for such a prolongued period which perfectly led to and complemented their "final" dialogue in the cell. I am amazed at how well you pulled that off; the reader knowing in advance what Sasuke and Sakura have planned but writing such tangible emotion into the scene nonetheless.

Strangely, aside from that section, my favorite part of the chapter was the shortest and seemingly most insignificant of all:

"As soon as the door was shut behind him, Sasuke shoved his hands deep in his pockets and began walking away as fast as he could without drawing attention.

The wind was very cold; it made his eyes sting."

I was probably just reflecting my own mood onto the scene as I read it, but somehow the abruptness and the *cold* felt meaningful and terribly relevant.

Normally I like to post my most favorite and least favorite aspects of a story in reviews, but I'm not entirely certain what criticism I can offer. There were a few minor grammatical errors (probably typos) throughout the story, but they weren't overt enough to detract from the meaning. I also think I would have liked the story best if it ended simply with "And then they left" at the end of 21, just because I like the ambiguity and don't feel that it needed to be further explained, but at the same time my innate curiosity appreciates the additional knowledge nonetheless. Still, the epilogue dissolves the tense atmosphere and the mood which 21 set up, and I'm sad I couldn't hold on to it.

In any case, I am so glad I came across this story, even though it kept me up until long past 6am. I am impressed both with the quality and detail of the story as well as the sheer stamina which must have been required in writing so much and so well. Thank you for sharing.
klxzz chapter 22 . 9/6/2006
*blinks* Oh my god. Fuckin WONDERFFUL STORY! Goddamn! dang, uh, I, ... lol speechless.. wonderful. A purely fantastic story about team seven, you didn't make the characters OOC, you just made them sound older than they really were.. which was perfect for this story. You made them act, talk, whatever - what I imagined what they sounded like when they were older. Very good dipictions of all the characters. A JUST WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC story. Brilliant. Good work.
Vampire Queen chapter 22 . 9/5/2006
Wow, finally finished. I'm not sure that I can adequitly say to you what this story meant to me right now, but I promise that I will in the next day or so
Vampire Queen chapter 20 . 9/4/2006
Gah...I need to take a break, I'm crying too much

Ah, it hurts
Vampire Queen chapter 15 . 9/4/2006
Gah, I should review before I continue...last night I was in the middle of reading chapter 15 when shut down early for it's relocation thing...I think I may have had a major freak out...I needed to get back on and keep reading so bad! So yeah, I'll review first before continuing just in case it happens again!

Yeah, this story is so freaking good. It's so sweet to finally find a good fic again. Please do not stop writing. You have so much potential! Keep it up!
Small Chemist chapter 22 . 9/2/2006
Amazingly written. I envy lovely writers like you who can manage to produce such an epically beautiful story :3
Eaun chapter 22 . 7/21/2006
God, I loved this story so much. Thank you for writing it.
562 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »