Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Ammodytus chapter 42 . 7/13
Thank you for this story. It brought me to tears many times, including at the very ending (how could it not?).

I wish I had more words to say, but, as it happened when I first read LOTR, it takes me a while to process all that I have gone through while reading it. Rest assured that I will hold it dear in my heart (and hopefully be able to come back to it) in years to come.
Ammodytus chapter 41 . 7/13
Goddamn you had to go and scare us like that? At least I had the tissues ready (and Aragorn had Legolas' shoulder). Feels.
Ammodytus chapter 40 . 7/13
Ammodytus chapter 36 . 7/13
Damn you, Legolas. Don't do this to me. ;_;
Ammodytus chapter 35 . 7/13
Aragorn, my poor bb. ;_;
Ammodytus chapter 34 . 7/13
No, I do not accept this. :/
Ammodytus chapter 32 . 7/13
What did they do to Legolas, though?
Ammodytus chapter 31 . 7/13
Ai, Valar, stop torturing meeeeee.
Ammodytus chapter 28 . 7/13
Noooooo. All my fucking feels.
Ammodytus chapter 27 . 7/13
Holy fucking shit, he remembered Aragorn.

I can't stop reading this fic.
Ammodytus chapter 24 . 7/13
"What needs to be done and said, should be, in any situation."

That was profound.
Ammodytus chapter 16 . 7/13
OMG Strider os back! \o/

A nice journey on his own should be good for his mind.
Someonecallhere chapter 43 . 6/11
Thank you so much for this wonderful story. It was beautifully done. I love how you styled this story after Tolkien's voice. I was unable to finish it in one sitting and it was a long day until I could come home and finish it.
There aren't many Middle Earth fanfics that I actually enjoy, most are unable to reach Tolkien's storytelling, but this was enjoyable and well-crafted. I loved your dialogue and descriptions and hope you've continued writing (I am also very glad I found it after completion. While it would've been fun to wait for updates, I probably would've torn my hair out waiting.).
Thank you!
Mia chapter 3 . 5/30
Yeah, meat and and animal cruelty are very disgusting. I bet tolkien elves didn't eat them. They were so evolved. Dairy and the rest makes me puke as well
Rookblonkorules chapter 42 . 3/21
Alright, so I'm going to give a more thorough review now... though I doubt it will do this story justice. You showed the relationship between Aragorn and Legolas here beautifully. Both the joy and the sorrow of it. And I loved that.
Secondly, you had an extremely well-crafted villain, of the sort that I loved hating. And while the man was both pitiful and pitiable, you had me extremely worried for Thranduil and his son.
And that leads me to another point: Thranduil. It bothers me to no end that so many writers portray Thranduil as the evil, abusive father. Here he was the opposite. He was a merciful king and a loving father and his love for Legolas was written with as much care and depth as the friendship between Legolas and Aragorn.
Which, of course, leads me to another point: love. I found your portrayal of love to be deeply moving. There's more than one sort of love: there's the love between spouses, Aragorn and Arwen, the love between parents and child, and the love between friends-the last one obviously being the one that got the most attention in this story. But this is something that I found to be written with near perfection... and it's something that I don't often see in fanfiction. The characters could tell each other "I love you," without there being any sort of romantic meaning behind that.
It was wonderful.
And now for some other points I wanted to talk about: you had me thoroughly convinced that Aragorn was the king the men spoke of... as I'm sure was your intent. Never once did it cross my mind that it was THRANDUIL. Nicely woven plot twist there.
And the fact that Sarambaq insisted on fighting a drugged Legolas to reenact the "murder" of his son... well that was simply brilliant.
And my heart ached for Thranduil, trying so hard to keep it together because he knew that if he shouted and distracted Legolas, well... that would be the end.
And then there's the matter of Darkil. I don't even know what to say, except that you did an excellent job weaving in the tragic tale of the corruption of a once noble beast.
Then they were safe. And it was all over. Or so it seemed.
I must confess that once you brought up the sea longing, my heart dropped. I didn't want Legolas to leave- as is likely none of your original readers did either, but it seemed at first that that was the way things were going to go.
And then he didn't. And I don't think words could express how glad I was.
Again, too, I appreciate the caring and understanding King Thranduil who councils his son to leave because he feels that that is best for him, but who respects his decision to stay because it is ultimately Legolas's choice to decide which path to take. And I am ever thankful that he chose the path he did.
And the ending... I don't think I can fully express just how bittersweet it was... and how dangerously close to tears I was. I had to leave and find something else to do... and then I did start to cry.
Part of me wishes that you had left things at the chapter before this, because than we wouldn't have had to deal with the inevitable death of Aragorn, but on the other hand... well... actually, I can't think of any justification, but it was beautifully written like the rest of the story.