Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Nebraskafan chapter 42 . 12/15/2009
I found this story mayhap a little over a week ago, and have been furiously reading it since then; and I have finally finished it (and it does not make me very happy! :). I was entranced by the first chapter, therefore I could not stop. I am *very* glad that I didn't. I found 'For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree' a bit late, it would seem, but I couldn't just not leave a review simply because you're not still in the process of writing it.

I don't think there's really anything that I can say that hasn't been said to you before by other readers, but I'm going to nonetheless. This story was absolutely amazing. It was perfect! There was not a *single* time when I became disinterested; the entire piece of work was something that I literally fell in love with. You are, by far, one of the most talented writers I have ever had the prvillege to read the work of. I am not over-exaggerating a bit, mellon nin! I know that the Lord of the Rings and all its characters and places (except yours of course) belong to Sir Tolkien, but if that was not the case, I would not be surprised if this story was to be published and become a best-selling novel. Truly.

I think that after reading 'For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree' the reader is a bit changed by it. We wish (at least I do :) that we had such a faithful friend as Legolas and Aragorn are for each other, in every aspect of ways. Their bond is one of the purest possible, and you did nothing but paint that picture perfectly in this tale. I think I may have even sort of lived it in a way along with them; laughed or cried or rejoiced when they did. I very much wish it was not over!

I know I'm not the best with words ;), but I really want you to know that you have some of the most immense talent as a writer than any I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful tales with us, mellon nin.
TOPhat114 chapter 43 . 10/18/2009
this story just made me cry silent tears...ugh too well-written T.T
giant-killer-tabi chapter 42 . 10/14/2009
And I agree with WhiteGLoves, this story truly touched the bonds of friendship and it made me think of my own close knit group, thank you for touching upon something that knows no boundaries.
giant-killer-tabi chapter 43 . 10/14/2009
NEVER HAVE I READ A STORY THAT MADE ME CRY SO MUCH!

This is by far the BEST LOTR story I have ever read! Hannon le, mellon nin!

I honestly couldn't turn away from this story, in fact, I slacked off in my own life to read this! A true blessing, thank you again!
WhiteGloves chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
This is the very first story I've ever read here on fanfiction.. and I must say it was then my lucky day when I did. :)

I've been so caught up with your stories that I decided to have my own account here so as I could give my genuine support and admiration. I have as special place within my heart for this story "For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree".. I give you my bow and utter respect and above all for the relationship transcending all race- I thank you for going deeper to it and sharing it to us.. For the value of friendship we all found in these two characters I salute! *bows
pipilo chapter 42 . 6/16/2009
Just reread this story and wanted to tell you it was as amazing as the first time. I laughed and I cried at your comand over these two great friends. Thankyou For The Love Of The Lord Of The White Tree.
artgirl87 chapter 42 . 6/3/2009
WOW! I read this story in one shot and you have brought my eyes to tears! You express emotions so well and you are a fantastic writer. I am so happy I have read this story! I discovered it from glancing at the desert island fics list that Thorongirl has made. I highly suggest anyone to check it out! Beautiful story, thank you.
Lady Elrayen chapter 43 . 5/24/2009
What can I honestly say? This beautiful story you have written has invited all readers to journey with yuo and the characters. The emotions, the depth, the quality was truley outstanding - and I can honestly say, mellon-nin, that this is the first story/fic I have read that has been so... real :) Seriously, I could picture it in my head courtesy of your vivid descriptions. The emotional turmoils each character went through were heart wrenching because the characters seemed as though they were real! (If they were, I'd be the happiest person in the whole of Arda! Especially if it was a certain elf :P) you've created and portrayed a very believable enemy, and have explored the beautiful relationships between Legolas and Aragorn, Aragorn and Arwen etc so well that you have brought it to a new, higher level! And the depth and detail of the story - WOW! You have brought it all to life for me, and I'm sure, many others who have read this and who hopefully will in the future. :) As I was going to sleep at night, I could see the events and feel the emotions of all that happened as though I was there :)

Not only that, but this has been one of the very rare and few stories that have reduced me to tears for the characters :)

You have an amazing talent and have said some very true words - it's quality, not the fact that people want the chapter asap, so you should post it asap! It made me realise what so much time and dedication can do for a story - which is why I am taking time to plan,write and re-write a sequel to one of my fics before I post it, now :)

I bow my head to you, and can only hope that I will perhaps beable to achieve the same quality of writing as you have presented and shared with us all - you are an author to aspire too :)

I really look forward to any of your future stories :)

Hannon-le, mellon-nin :) :claps in applause:

Elrayen xx
kilu chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
Hello I am a Chinese girl :-)

I have read some parts of your wonderful story For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree which has been translated in Chinese. I like it very much, but it is woeful to find that the translation doesn’t finish yet.

It makes me decided to read it in English. (What a challenge for me!)

Tank you for bring us so attractive a story :-) The

friendship presented in your story really touches my heart!I'll try to read it more ~~

(P.S Please excuse me if I make any mistake in English!)
Este chapter 42 . 3/6/2009
I loved this story soo much! would you consider writing another about what happens at the end of days and the re uniting?
Blip-chan chapter 43 . 3/6/2009
Wow, that was simply wonderful! It was just perfect, and the ending made me cry, it was so pretty! If you truely poured your soul into this you must have a very wonderful soul. I hope you keep writing!
Duling chapter 11 . 2/21/2009
I finally realize how much angst a fiction can bring on. TOO MUCH ANGST for me to breathe. It grieved me that Aragorn could nothing to comfort Legolas at the moment (*tears*). No doubt Faramir’s is very persuasive that the King should take his responsibility, but I still feel a little sad when he stopped Aragorn. Nice chapter, thank you very much! ( )
Tracyanne chapter 12 . 2/21/2009
Compared with Elves, interrogator in the White City is professional with high efficiency, which reflects the fact that Elves are so kind-hearted and noble in nature. A very smart point of view! ( )
Mirkwood chapter 8 . 2/21/2009
I have finished reading the first eight chapters in one breath. If you allow me to use one single word to express my feelings, it will be HEARTBROKEN! Is the sword of time going to piece their sincere friendship? Will Aragorn and Legolas be separate by long distance? My heart aches for Legolas. King Elessar, please show your sincerity and trust as during the Quest, and don’t break the heart of your best friend any more. ( )
Moria chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I have seen a Chinese slash called "Greenleaf" before.(Couple A/L) It is a very long and touching story set before Frodo destroyed the ring.I think "For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree"likes its afterword,for both of them are so heart-stirring that have left a lasting impression on me,and made me hard to 's more,the sentence I remember best in "Greenleaf" can be translated to "For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree"! What a wonderful coincidence!

Thank you for creating such a beautiful story,I hope there would be more and more lovely flowers open up in your hands!

ps:I am a Chinese student and I am not very practical in English,so if I have made any grammer mistake or said any inproper word, I wish you would forgive you.
914 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »