Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 42 . 1/14/2014
My heart aches with sorrow at the end of this tale. Ah, if only the friends could one day meet again.
Brukaoru chapter 43 . 1/12/2014
This story is absolutely beautiful. It is almost hard to believe that english is not your native tongue, you write so well (better than many native speakers even) and you truly depict Tolkein’s characters with amazing accuracy.

I absolutely love the way you have depicted Aragorn and Legolas’ friendship. My only reservation is what some other readers may conclude. I think for some people it will be difficult and confusing for them to grasp the concept of such a strong friendship without any romantic feelings. Now I do not mean there is anything wrong with two people being in love, whether they are opposite sexes or of the same-sex, but I do tend to feel distaste towards fans who take characters already established to be a certain way and portray them inaccurately (there are many fans who like to pair Legolas and Aragon romantically). I feel this is also a terrible analysis of a strong male bonding-friendships, as if men cannot have deep affection for one another without it being romantic in nature. (Plus, elves are much more sensitive to things and their own feelings, more than humans. And really, it is only our society today that dictates how a man or woman 'should' act. True unconditional love is more than just romantic/sexual feelings for someone. Friendship can be just as strong without overstepping that boundary.)

So I just want to say kudos to you for portraying their deep friendship as two true friends and not potential-lovers like others make them out to be, and how I feel Tolkien himself made them to be.

The ending had me shed a few tears, such a bittersweet ending, ah. Thank you for sharing this. You are a fantastic writer.
Guest chapter 42 . 12/6/2013
AWESOME story, I could cry right now...
PLEASE keep 'em stories coming - your's are the best in the fanfic world!
I loooove them all, especially the "Elf and Ranger tales". As a I said, Please, please, please keep on writing!
Guest chapter 20 . 12/5/2013
So sad... Poor Legolas!
Guest chapter 15 . 12/5/2013
Cool, cool, cool! *very excited*
Guest chapter 10 . 12/5/2013
Know it's weird, but I'm sort of happy Elessar is sad because he said those words to Legolas!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/5/2013
Great story! Holds promise! I love all your stories!
ShiraChan-Desu chapter 42 . 12/1/2013
*Sniff* The fact that Legolas is doomed to face the passing of his most beloved friend, even the great possibility in the movies, still gets me, ya know? T.T

This was a beautiful story.
BrightGreenNails chapter 26 . 10/6/2013
THRANDUIL YOU IDIOT!
BrightGreenNails chapter 19 . 10/6/2013
(Voice starting dangerously low) Did you just KILL my Legolas? HOW DARE YOU! Oh, my gods I am a FRACTION OF A MILLIMETER FROM THROWING MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM! That'd better just be a nasty trick,
BrightGreenNails chapter 15 . 10/6/2013
I knew it. I knew it. I KNEW It!:) Oh wait... I knew it. :(
BrightGreenNails chapter 14 . 10/6/2013
Are we sure Eldarion is the one they want? Legolas is also the son of a king and I never heard them say Eldarion's name specifically...
BrightGreenNails chapter 10 . 10/6/2013
I don't care if Aragorn feels bad I am still killing him. Gr...
BrightGreenNails chapter 9 . 10/6/2013
(Low threatening voice)
Aragorn I will kill you know you sorry excuse for a "merciful" and "understanding" king. Say your goodbyes while you still can. ;O
BrightGreenNails chapter 8 . 10/6/2013
Perfect. Aragorn has arrived hasn't he?
868 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »