Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Topaz Skye chapter 42 . 8/23/2013
This is by far my most favourite Lord of the Rings fanfic I have ever read and probably will read. The plot line never got boring and was always sucking you deeper in to the story, I managed to finish this all in a day and my eyes could never leave the screen! I love your writing style and the vocabulary that you used to play with heart strings! I have to say thank you for finishing this fic and your dedication to it! I am definitely looking forward to future works from you! Hannon le!
DancingChestnut chapter 42 . 8/15/2013
I have read this story for quite some time already, and I would have reviewed had I not thought that you were inactive. However, I saw a recent review of yours and was overjoyed to learn that you were still using your Fanfiction account. As such, I would like to express my feelings about your writing, particularly this story.

The writing was wonderful. It lured me in right away and it fits Tolkien's style very nicely indeed. The writing, fresh and poignant, also managed to convey the feelings of Legolas and Aragorn very well. You have succeeded extraordinarily at portraying friendship, which is such a raw and intangible thing. I almost cried when Aragorn turned Legolas away ("Can I trust my city to no one else?" Or something along that lines.) and I really did cry at the ending. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

All in all, it was a lovely, highly enjoyable story. I loved it very much, and I look forward to more from you :-)
HassleCastle chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
brilliant story though a bit stretched out in the end. Quality of writing was amazing. The most in character fanfic i have read as yet. U capture tolkien's style quite nicely. Hurrah to well done imitation. U have spoiled me. I keep feeling I'm reading sub standard writing when I try reading other fics. Even those with tons of favourites and good plot lines. And unfortunately ur writing is limited to aragorn and legolas fics only. I would love to read abt the dunadain, or some Thorongil fics. I'll give the rest of ur writing a try now. Plz keep writing.
XxNaiXx chapter 42 . 7/16/2013
This story is so beautiful...
There is no better story that shows the friendship of these two :D
And I cried so much when I read this story and at the end I was crying the whole chapter...so sad but at the same time it warms my heart when I think of the Elf and Ranger :')

Freetings,
Nai
Brandi Heir chapter 42 . 7/12/2013
This story pulls at my heartstrings with every chapter. I am tearful every time I click the little next button. Sometimes its in sadness, sometimes in joy, and sometimes in fear. You are such a masterful writer. Thank you for creating this brilliant story.
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 12 . 5/22/2013
In chapter 12, you mention you are surprised the captive held out for three days without food. I have gone days without food before, from illness or when I was intensely concentrated on something else before I remembered I hadn't eaten. Your belly feels hollow and your probably nauseous and lightheaded but I don't believe it is a tortuous as you made out yet. You can survive three weeks on average without food. Then again he isn't drinking either is he. That's feels pretty bad. So then, he should be close to dead by then if he hadn't drinking by then; and I don't know if re-feeding syndrome applies to drink as well as food but I think it does so even if he got some water he wouldn't be able to drink a lot of it quickly. And I don't know how that sort of weakness would react with torture, but I'm guessing his heart would be strained a great deal and might not be able to take it before dying (THIS IS WHY TORTURE IS SUCH A BAD IDEA. It doesn't work all the time, and a lot of people make stuff up). BUT anyway that was my idea for this chapter, from a detail standpoint. I really love this story so far!
ShadowHawq35 chapter 43 . 5/9/2013
Wow, this story was amazing! Thanks so much for writing and uploading this ,it was a really emotional and breathless journey. I absolutely loved it!
ShadowWriter33 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
This entire story is amazing!
God Bless,
SW
whimsicalfancy chapter 42 . 4/12/2013
I don't know what to say. I'm in tears right now by the absolute beauty of this great friendship. You have a way with words that inspires real emotion in the reader.

This story you created will stay with me long after its reading for it leaves me with a sense of yearning for such a friendship.

All I can say now is thank you. Thank you for your Estel. Thank you for your Legolas. And thank you for their tale.
MelodyPond XD chapter 43 . 4/3/2013
Ok.
Ok.
I seriously can't say anything right now. This was just... Just... Gah, I can't even describe how wonderful this was. It really was just perfect. I have spent day and night reading... It sums up their relationship wonderfully, and I LOVE the ending. By far the best LotR fic I have read in a long while. Hannon le, mellon nin. Hannon le.
C.L. Forest chapter 43 . 3/31/2013
Amazing. Simply wonderful. It's just-
Alright, I'll admit that this review is terribly late (it's been what-8 years since you've last updated?) but I'd like to contribute a review anyway because this story simply deserves it.
Of course, there were times when I thought the story was going too slow, or the actions of some characters seemed out of place or out of character, but it was generally a delightful read and god, I don't know why I never found out about this story earlier.
(I guess we can attribute it to the fact that I never bothered with LotR fanfiction until the recent release of the Hobbit but oh well.)
One of the things I particularly loved was how you portrayed the relationship between Aragorn and Legolas. A strong friendship is truly a thing to behold. (Although, I must confess there were some points in the story wherein I was giggling to myself because of how much they sounded like lovers rather than friends, but that's just a joke and nothing to be taken too seriously)(oh, remember that time in Peter Jackson's movie adaptation of the Two Towers when Eowyn thought that Legolas and Aragorn were lovers?)(Oh, don't mind me. I'm just ranting.)
I also love how you incorporated Thranduil to play a major role in this story, because while Thranduil is quite a popular character now (Thanks to Lee Pace's astounding portrayal of the Elven King in The Hobbit. Honestly, his character barely had 30 seconds of screentime and no lines, and yet he already has thousands of fans...including me.), I don't think anyone really paid attention to Thranduil before. I, for one, simply acknowledged him as the disagreeable King of Mirkwood who locks up dwarves and just so happens to be Legolas' father.
Overall, this story was a very pleasant read. I guess I regret not being here to read it eight years ago, but better to read it now than never. Thanks for the enjoyable story and I wish you luck in further writing endeavors!
fatuous chapter 3 . 3/27/2013
perfect. flawless. absolutely delightful.
nyx thranduillon chapter 43 . 3/20/2013
I have come to fan fiction rather late and have just completed your wonderful story, I have loved the tales of tolkien for many years and always resisted the thought that any film could do them justice. At last 3 yrs ago a friend almost forced me to watch The Fellowship on DVD and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I immediately rushed out and bought the extended copies of all three fims and have watched them over and over again since. In my almost obsessive searches for more deleted scenes and information I eventually discovered that a thing called fan fiction existed and have been gradually drawn into its net. I am so tangled now that I feel I couldnt escape if I wanted to.

I have read many stories now but this one will always stay in my heart. The emotions portrayed are quite breathtaking, in fact I have had to stop and remind myself to breath quite a few times during the reading of it. It is obviously written with so much love for the characters that they almost spring off the page into reality. Even the "baddies" are real and this makes it all the more compelling a read. I know I will return to it again and again but not for a while as I will need to let my emotions settle ( and buy more tissues) first.

I know It has been a few years since you wrote this but I needed to write and say I am so glad you did. I feel priviledged to have seen it and just wanted to say thank you for, the emotional roller coaster of a ride you have just put me through.

Hannon le.
Miss Mercury101 chapter 42 . 3/10/2013
This is an absolutely fantastic story. The relationship between Aragorn and Legolas is wonderful - that is a truly epic friendship.
citylights319 chapter 15 . 2/12/2013
Omgomgomgomg! I did NOT see that coming! Wow! Hm. Wow! This is great!
868 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »