Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Eosneve chapter 42 . 1/11/2016
I hope you'll see this review! I keep coming back to this story and I've already read it twice since I favorited it, and even then I read it in one seat! I keep coming back as I would visit an old dearest friend and every time I'm amazed by this splendid work, but at the same time I feel empty because the story ended a long time ago and I can't find another story as good... Yours is splendid, the way you describe this wonderful friendship is peerless and I'll treasure this fic! If you don't mind me saying this, this story is absolutely your masterpiece and I adore how friendship conquers all in it!
Will you ever come back to ffn? I'm craving for more and don't know where to find it and it's your fault, you know ;) so you should really help me! :)

Hannon le, mellon nin! I owe you for such a beauty!

Neve (Snow)
Jennifer Carroll chapter 42 . 1/2/2016
This story made me cry. (I'm glad I only found it after its completion, because it would have been very hard to wait for some of the chapters.) It's quite rare that I actually find tears running down my face while reading. You have real talent.
Sfumina chapter 19 . 11/16/2015
10 years passed since the completion of this ff but it still shines as a gem and it still deserves good reviews, for it is -incredible-. I am a few chaps further on my reading but i had to go back to this one and say that I loved it. This is the best fight scene I've ever read with Legolas as protagonist. It is so powerful, full of despair, so incredibly good that I could almost hear the clamor od swords, the shoutings, the cries. My God, I was speechless. He really fought to the last drop of stregth here; I was expecting him to collapse quicker but I was extremely pleased he didn't. He stood as an incredible fighter, hero and loyal friend while struggling to endure pain and poison. You could have not portayed him better in that scene. I love when characters fight for their life, and I love it more when they start in their full strength. I guess it will take Legolas a long time to recover (and it will be so sweet to read) but I hope in the end him and Aragorn will again fight and kill like crazies. XOXO from Italy
Rachelle Lo chapter 42 . 10/7/2015
What a wonderful story. I truly felt my heart move in this chapter. Your language is beautiful, and this tale was a pleasure to read.
amjm chapter 42 . 9/12/2015
I had to cry a lot reading up to the very endlich. Thank you for your lovely Story.
Meme123 chapter 9 . 9/10/2015
Angst..poor Legolas...
Meme123 chapter 5 . 9/10/2015
Its the fifth chapter only but I am beginning to cry because its so beautiful... I love the thoughts and emotions that each character faces, its all so vividly described :)
BlackWreath chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
You have just rendered me speechless. This moving story is deserving of endless praise and I'm very glad I came across this. I love the portrayal of Aragorn's and Legolas's characters, and their friendship is indeed very deep and moving. Thanks for all your dedication!
Stormcutter684 chapter 43 . 8/11/2015
Suilad, mellon-nîn!
I will admit. I am guilty. I read this story, but afterwards didn't review. How cruel of me! You dang-well deserve to hear my praise, after all, you did work hard in making this and many other stories.
So I will review. Personally, I am glad I read this story. It helped me understand your sort-of-sequel, "In Shadow Realm", which, mind you, I completely adored. I hope you get/got my review of praise and compliment.
Anyways ..
"For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree" is a purely amazing story. Like with "In Shadow Realm", I am left speechless and I don't know how I could possibly explain how much I love your story.
Words just don't do justice, I'm afraid. But I will have to try. The story certainly starts off interestingly, what with Legolas' dream. I could definitely sense the self-doubt and insecurity, and the hurt of Aragorn's words. I honestly didn't really understand it, until I read the LOTR books. Now I understand it.
And the attempt to try and kidnap 'Eldarion' made matters worse. The argue with Aragorn and Legolas broke my heart ... The way they distanced themselves from each other, the blame, the guilt, the hurt ... It was so painful to watch!
And I bet nobody could've seen the giant plot twist and surprise that you threw at us - that it wasn't Eldarion, but Legolas! I didn't see that coming! I ... I ... Just - wow! I was so stunned. And then it was all just chaos.
Legolas, poor Legolas, got cruelly tricked and ensnared in the trap of revenge, and then Aragorn chased after him, but his identity got revealed and was captured too ... And there was just so much drama and emotion.
And alas, when all that pandemonium was done, there was more. This time, it was more emotional and personal.
Once again, you brilliantly fooled me, because I seriously thought that Legolas was sailing to the Undying Lands.
And to read Aragorn's pain and agony in thinking that Legolas was leaving. It was despairing.
But alas, thank the Valar that you chose not to make Legolas leave. All the signs, they all pointed to Legolas sailing ... It was all so brilliantly schemed!
I love this story, I really do. Amazing job, mellon nîn. I greatly enjoyed your stories. Hannon le!
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 43 . 7/17/2015
I read this story a while back and really enjoyed it. The plot was very interesting and complex - I did not see the thing about "the king's son" coming! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication in writing such a long, intriguing fic.
Ishani chapter 42 . 7/8/2015
Excellent story. Keep it up!
Eryniel Alasse chapter 42 . 6/18/2015
I know not whether you will see or respond to this review, as it's being posted in 2015, but this story nonetheless deserves it.

There are no words to express the ineffable majesty of this story. Would that I had talent to write in such a clear moving style, with several words capturing the intensity of deep, roiling emotions that come from deep within your heart. There are only a handful of stories I've ever encountered that have that little something else, the indescribable quality that makes you want to weep for the sheer immensity of love between the man and the elf. This story is one of those select few, along with "The Mellon Chronicles," "Hunted" by Silivren Tinu, and "He Was Mine," by Merenwen. I can't put into words how much I wish this story had never ended, but alas, all good things must come to an end, especially stories.

I dearly wish that you could write something about Legolas and Aragorn's reunion after the Dagor Dagorath and the end of Arda. But it looks like you're "retired," so to speak, from the writing business, at least on fanfiction. Ah well, your seven existing stories are enough for me.

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this story, and it will be read and re-read for many months, nay, years to come.

Eryniel Alassë
Estellas chapter 34 . 6/2/2015
he has been stabbed by a powerful blade... you know the kind that magically disappears as soon as you identify it
Estellas chapter 33 . 6/2/2015
is he experiencing ptsd
Estellas chapter 32 . 6/2/2015
you do realize that the name Telcontar is the elvish version of strider
932 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »