Reviews for For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree
Guest chapter 42 . 4/11/2014
I want to thank you for writing such a beautiful story (although it cost me some precious sleep). I hope that you will continue to write, I loved the story line! I especially like the last chapters describing the emotions and friendship of Legolas and Aragon in more detail. Thank you once again:-)!
greenmonochrome chapter 42 . 3/31/2014
This story is utterly beautiful, and the end made me cry. I will definitely be reading this again.
GUAQ chapter 43 . 2/13/2014
No words can describe this incredible feeling I have after finishing your story
THANK YOU for taking me into this journey which I will always remember
Hannon le :-)
bananasplat chapter 43 . 1/31/2014
This truly is an incredible story, and I am so glad to have read it.
Thank you.
Zardi chapter 42 . 1/24/2014
Thank you for writing this rich story. You have a talent for writing emotion and affection without it becoming melodramatic, which I think is a rare thing. Your story has captured my imagination. I am glad for the snow day we got today so that I could stay home and finish reading it ;)

All the best.
Zardi chapter 32 . 1/24/2014
I just wanted to say, THANK YOU for making Legolas a reluctant patient instead of a disobedient one. It is so common in fanfiction to make Legolas ignore healers' instructions to the detriment of his health, and that seems so out of character to me. He may not like being tended to, but he is a hundreds-year-old (or thousands-year-old, even) warrior who ought to understand that it takes medicine, food, and rest to heal fully, whether he enjoys it or not.

I also enjoy your OCs. They have enough individuality to stand out, but do not take over the story from established characters. Nicely done :)
Zardi chapter 15 . 1/23/2014
I just found this story yesterday, after reading a similar story that was "inspired" by yours. I am so glad to have found your version. It is believable, and I think you do a good job keeping everyone in character.

I was moved to post a review by the twist in this chapter. I didn't see it coming. (And now I am hoping we will get to see Thranduil...but if not, I am sure I will continue to enjoy the story anyway ;) )
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 42 . 1/14/2014
My heart aches with sorrow at the end of this tale. Ah, if only the friends could one day meet again.
Brukaoru chapter 43 . 1/12/2014
This story is absolutely beautiful. It is almost hard to believe that english is not your native tongue, you write so well (better than many native speakers even) and you truly depict Tolkein’s characters with amazing accuracy.

I absolutely love the way you have depicted Aragorn and Legolas’ friendship. My only reservation is what some other readers may conclude. I think for some people it will be difficult and confusing for them to grasp the concept of such a strong friendship without any romantic feelings. Now I do not mean there is anything wrong with two people being in love, whether they are opposite sexes or of the same-sex, but I do tend to feel distaste towards fans who take characters already established to be a certain way and portray them inaccurately (there are many fans who like to pair Legolas and Aragon romantically). I feel this is also a terrible analysis of a strong male bonding-friendships, as if men cannot have deep affection for one another without it being romantic in nature. (Plus, elves are much more sensitive to things and their own feelings, more than humans. And really, it is only our society today that dictates how a man or woman 'should' act. True unconditional love is more than just romantic/sexual feelings for someone. Friendship can be just as strong without overstepping that boundary.)

So I just want to say kudos to you for portraying their deep friendship as two true friends and not potential-lovers like others make them out to be, and how I feel Tolkien himself made them to be.

The ending had me shed a few tears, such a bittersweet ending, ah. Thank you for sharing this. You are a fantastic writer.
Guest chapter 42 . 12/6/2013
AWESOME story, I could cry right now...
PLEASE keep 'em stories coming - your's are the best in the fanfic world!
I loooove them all, especially the "Elf and Ranger tales". As a I said, Please, please, please keep on writing!
Guest chapter 20 . 12/5/2013
So sad... Poor Legolas!
Guest chapter 15 . 12/5/2013
Cool, cool, cool! *very excited*
Guest chapter 10 . 12/5/2013
Know it's weird, but I'm sort of happy Elessar is sad because he said those words to Legolas!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/5/2013
Great story! Holds promise! I love all your stories!
ShiraChan-Desu chapter 42 . 12/1/2013
*Sniff* The fact that Legolas is doomed to face the passing of his most beloved friend, even the great possibility in the movies, still gets me, ya know? T.T

This was a beautiful story.
890 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »