Reviews for Stick
Shelly chapter 1 . 2/5
I realize you'll never read this. I'm impressed, and flabbergasted. You nailed it. You just made me ill, angry, and a boatload of other emotions I had boxed up and tucked away. This is a story about more than just a character named Sara, who happens to have a face due to a TV show. It is a story about countless kids, myself included. You managed to fit in the fears, the silence, the effects on one's future, the family dynamics. My guess is you are one of those kids also. Either that or you know someone really well who was. It takes one to know one or to write about one. There are too many things that were right on that you wouldn't have known about otherwise.
As ususal, I wish there was more here. I wish you could've expounded on the survior part of Sara. On the survior part of all of us. Of learning to reach beyond our experiences and dabble in the world of trust again. I finally learned for myself how damaging secrets can be. Man, it sure took me a long time to figure that out.
I see you left off writing after this story for a full year. I hope your life just got busy and you weren't reeling from the impact of your own writing.
Carry on mighty writing warrior. Godspeed to you.
RollWithIt chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Oh my gosh. This was so amazing! I couldn't stop reading! It was so powerful. At first I was confused but then I got the hang of it and adored it! You totally nailed it! NICE! I loved how you went back and forth between the three scenarios, thanks so much for posting!
Famous4it chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I absolutely loved was splendid .The character's personalties were accurate and I think your version of Sara's past is the most original one I have ever read.

Now excuse me while I go look at your Author profile
Meredith44 chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
That was a really good story. I liked the way you portrayed Sara's thoughts and feelings at the two different points in her life. I also liked how you were able to intertwine the different stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
This was an incredible story. You have an amazing talent! Beautifully done.
DormouseAnimagus chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Oh, this was sad . . . I really liked the flow of the story, with the three different time settings-very well written.
hazelmom chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Really amazing writing. So great. Loved it.

Sheila
niff74 chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Powerful, heartbreaking and in so much in character it almost made me cry. I'd kill for a happy resolution, because those characters deserve it so much...
Emily chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Wow. I think that's the best Sara back-story fic I've ever read. I was riveted until the end. It was so sad but so... true. Great job. I like how you shifted between the three different scenarios. Beautifully written.
lunar47 chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
wow, this was an impressive piece of work. I loved all the emotions and the angst. Truly superb.
Eaglesei chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
That was absolutly fabulous. Fantastic piece of writing. I truly wish you to continue this, as I think it could go great places!
Anansay chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
It was intense.

The three parts meshed together well. I don't think you need to worry about much, the story flowed well. The little parts of her thoughts added just the right amount of personal anguish.
Trialia chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
I like this. Not sure exactly what my opinion _is_, but it's a good piece of work. So much and so very Sara. It's interesting.
Cincoflex chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Powerful. Really. Really. Powerful.
twosharks chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
That was a damn good story. Very well thought out and eloquently written, awesome work!