Reviews for The Four Apprentices
Worldmaker chapter 24 . 4/12
Unfortunately, your justification for Ginny's reaction still comes across as "See how unreliable/unstable the Weasleys are? HARMONY FOREVER!" sort sort of childish vibe.
jon08 chapter 18 . 3/8
Good Story, but a couple of times in this chapter I've noticed a mistake.
I propheSy that that the sun will come up in the morning.
I made a propheCy that the sun will come up in the morning.

Still a god story though, enjoying it.
x.erinb.x chapter 5 . 2/24
Are they all dating eachother? Is this frigging sister wives?
kyoshi711 chapter 10 . 2/9
This is my third time reading this and the story is still great!
EpilogueLover chapter 6 . 12/17/2014
Oh,.. severus died? :(
william488 chapter 24 . 12/3/2014
Loved it. Thanks.
PSay chapter 24 . 10/24/2014
I just copied Summer of Choices and The Four Apprentices as one long story to load on my Kindle so I can read it when I'm out and about. I read this long ago when you wrote it and I really like this story. I'm glad you are writing again. I look forward to more of your stories. Thanks again. pms
N Flamel chapter 24 . 8/26/2014
Very interesting (re)read! Highlights for me included the amazing combined power of Harry and the girls. I like that the power was primarily used to get rid of the dementors. Close to that was the relationships between Harry and the girls. Ginny's actions in the latter part of the story were shocking, since I'd seen her as mature as the other girls. But we never can know for sure, can we? And Ginny definitely buried herself through her actions and words. Oh, special mention goes to your use of the clock, specifically during the final six-on-six duel. Five seconds and Voldemort and the five DEs are dead. Very effective writing and an approach I've enjoyed in subsequent stories of yours. Thanks for another entertaining read! - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Since this story is a continuation of Summer of Choices, this chapter seeemed somewhat like a brief summary of SoC and a set up of things to come. Thanks for confirming what I thought about Harry's healing actions with Tonks. It will be interesting to see how this talent will be used in this story. Altogether, a good start. - N Flamel
hawkswench chapter 24 . 4/8/2014
I am wondering what Harry and Albus idea was. When Charlie was kissed by the dementor (sp) Harry was holding the cloak when an idea came to him. I am assuming that it might be a way to give a person back their soul from the dementor? Hermione in some way had a plan but you never expanded on it. Otherwise this was a great story.
hawkswench chapter 20 . 4/8/2014
I'm sorry but Harry needs to slap (or someone does) Ginny a good one. She is a little too quick with those slaps.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 3/31/2014
You are indeed a storyteller, Old-Crow. I looked this one a lot.

What can I say? Ginny was foolish. She knew, as well as anyone in school, that telling Lavender anything was as good as taking out a front page ad in the Prophet, and yet she chose to be indiscreet. I believe her jealousy got the better of her, and she tried to bolster her ego by proving she was on the inside track with Harry. Ginny, Ron, and Molly are all "act-first, think-later" characters. In addition, all three have vicious tempers, and Ron and Ginny have mile-wide jealous streaks.

Hermione was indeed Harry's staunchest supporter and defender throughout the books. I didn't always agree with her methods, but she was always in Harry's corner, cheering him on, tending his wounds when required, and covering his back. I'm glad you put them together.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Should Molly have let Ginny into the fight?

Hard to say. Ginny is not a favorite character of mine. I think you have tried to portray her sympathetically, but I still don't really see her that way. Hermione, Tonks, Susan, and even Katie all appear to love Harry, but their feelings (when we are privy to them) seem calmer, deeper, and more selfless. Ginny does seem passionate (if immature), but her feelings seem to be more about how she feels and how she thinks Harry is treating her. Then again, I don't really like the Harry/Ginny pairing as well as Harry and the other ladies, so perhaps I'm missing something.

The fight is a huge risk, and if Ginny were to be harmed or die, Molly would come unglued. She's kind of a wildcat, IMO, and that can go either way. I think the others would be defensive of each other as well as Harry . I don't know if Ginny would be. The others seem to work almost wordlessly and instinctively with Harry. There seems to be a level of trust that is different with them than with Ginny. So I guess I'm saying ... I don't know! LOL
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 3/31/2014
I tend to think the witch in the last conversation is Ginny, as she tends to respond to things she doesn't like (or understand) with a slap in the face. Charlie responded to a situation he didn't like or fully understand with a punch in the face, so maybe it's a Weasley thing. The question she asked - "How could he do this to her?" - reminds me of Ron's tendency to try and make things that happened to Harry seem as though they were done to hurt Ron.

Of course, I could be wrong. However, Ginny seems to be the most self-focused of the girls. JM2K ...
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 3/30/2014
Oh, this should be interesting - Harry as Dumbledore. I guess it might have the effect of throwing Voldy into a tizzy, though, if he had been thinking Dumbledore was dead.

So, is Tonks ready to take her place in the harem? Ginny doesn't seem all that thrilled with the arrangement, unless I'm missing something.