Reviews for Altering Rules
This is really good...
KazeYasumi chapter 15 . 12/31/2015
I know you haven't worked on this in, like, 10 years, but...if you think of it, could you do at least one last "summary" entry and just plot out what was going to happen? You had so much awesome stuff going on, you really had me wondering. :]

Like, Kenshin obviously fights Soujiro, but are they able to turn him back?
How does Kaoru get rid of the beard and end up with Kenshin?
What's the deal with Consolence?
twinbuster2 chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
This is an intriguing, captivating and fantastic story. It feels authentic to the context to the plot. You have compelling political plots, and it doesn't focus only on the romance between Kenshin and Kaoru.

You take it at a great pace, and feels "real" despite being set in a fantasy world. Kaoru has real issues to face, like prejudice against her as both as a woman and servant, and she faces it as I imagine she would.

Kenshin is a little different than the canon version, but he still retains his inherent compassion, and on the whole is not too different. I imagine he would be like the way you depicted him in your universe. Don't know if I'm making sense here.

Truthfully, I don't think your characters are too OOC. They actually retain their defining characteristic, which is great.

It's been three years since you last updated this, so I think I would be right in assuming that you "abandoned" this story. It's a pity though. There are not many stories out there that have this story's depth, complexity and detail.

It would be great if you resumed this story, whenever you regain your inspiration. It's unique and would probably become one of the greatest Rurouni Kenshin fics out there if you continued.

I don't really have any criticisms, only praises. Great grammar, descriptions, detail, and plot development.

This is a great work. Hope you decide to continue this.

an interested reader chapter 15 . 11/15/2008
AWESOME job on the story so far! It is extremely interesting,and nice plot so far. Please continue writing the story! Like , what's going on with Seta? How many more Scrolls are Kenshin & others going to find? When is the war going to get better? When is Kaoru going to stop being a soldier? Who's side is Seta going to take? Does Kenshin fall for somebody else? Does Sano and Megumi somehow get together?And many more,but that's all for care and I hope that you are re-inspired!
Kura-sama chapter 15 . 1/12/2008
Hmm. I really wonder who is that dark person in the shadows, and how Soujirou will be when Yumi is done with him ... He will regain his memories eventually, won't he? But I'm sure there'll be lots of twists and turns before then. Hope to read more soon~ Great story. Kaoru as a man ... XD ... she (he) even has a beard!
Sakura Kaoru-Chan chapter 7 . 10/29/2007

plz update!
Sakura Kaoru-Chan chapter 15 . 9/26/2007

I hope that you update this fic soon. After writing 15 chapters it'll be a pity if you don't conclude this fic. It is really good and I love it. I hope your not to busy since you haven't updated WTWRAY either.

Sakura Kaoru
bluerelic chapter 15 . 8/9/2007
hey now that you've updated when the world revolves around you, will you be updating this story? i do hope so, it's really good btw
Anon chapter 15 . 4/27/2007
It's good, but towards the end it's getting bland. Try and add something to it, like that Megumi was found out, and Kaoru's there as a lady and convinces Akira he doesn't need her.
Keniichi chapter 3 . 4/19/2007
Why won't they listen to her?
Keniichi chapter 2 . 4/19/2007
Run Kaoru!
Keniichi chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
O.o I haven't read this in like forever! Is it Saito or Kenshin?
I-LOVE-VEGETA chapter 11 . 1/14/2007
hm. i like the story lots, but this chapter threw me for a bit of a loop. isn't soujiro's trademark the fact that he NEVER shows pain or emotion?

but, well, it is fanfiction, i suppose, you can do whatever you like with any of the characters!
saphemyst chapter 15 . 10/17/2006
nice plot..when will kaoru and kenshin meet? as in truly meet? without walls or pretence..stuff like that.. anyway, pls pls update soon...God bless...)
mimi chapter 15 . 10/2/2006
Cant wait for the next chap and this one is great