Reviews for Divine Comedy
DanteAlighiersama chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
kinokokichigai : Yes, Virgilius in the actual Comedy is in Limbo- he did not sin, but he was never baptized.
But it is true that Virgil cannot enter Paradise in the poem.

As far as this story goes, beautiful. Though how Dante can enter Paradise I don't know...but still as someone who has read the Divine Comedy anywhere from 10 to 15 times (possibly more) and is the fan of the series, absolutely beautiful!
Taseisha chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Sending this to put in my favorites, and author alert.
kinokokichigai chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
that's strange...i always thought that virgil was in limbo-he came before christ, right? that's what i remember reading in the "Divine Comedy". is it at all possible of you could clear this up for me? or maybe i should go read it again...
ForestGlenny chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
That was delightfully well written. Quite a fascinating look at such a mysterious character. And - forgive me if I have it wrong - are you suggesting that she was a de Medici? It would be oddly fitting. Regardless, thank you for writing!
Black Jester chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
I really, really, really like this.

I haven't read the Divine Comedy, though I want to (I've got to get it from the library one of these days), but in the meantime, perhaps this is enough?

This really gives Dante and Hoenheim quite a bit more substance than they were given in canon, and I like this more complex Dante. She's powerful, she's real and she has good reasons for what she does, even if they are a little twisted.

The language of this is beautiful and and perfectly balanced, and the phrasing does everything to make it a cut above other FMA fics. The characterisation is different, yes, but there's reason for that, too, and I really like this. I feel as if I'm repeating myself, but it needs to be said.

It's not a happy fic, I know that, and it's not a fluffy one, but it's a good and appropriate one, and it's written in a wonderful way.
SidhePrincessAislinn chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
That was beautiful. It was well written, and almost reminscent of Dante's Divine Comedy. I loved the part with Hohenheim being Vergilius and Dante being will Dante, the banter was clever and well thought out. I am truly impressed with this story, it makes me want to read the Inferno all over again.
Nelja chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
It's very interesting! And quite strange. It's Lucrezia Borgia, isn't it?

But I didn't understand anything about this demon... Sorry, and I can't help you to find the problem you see with it, either.
Aimaina Hikari chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
I like this.

And it's Lucrezia Borgia, isn't it? Her father, Pope Alexander VI...I like the parallels you've drawn between the Inferno and the Dante/Hohenheim relationship.