Reviews for Mighty Wings
Pkmnrocksmysocks chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
This is really great, I enjoyed it a lot!

You take us through Seto's evolution at a nice pace. Not too long, not too short. And everything is very believable. You handled the OC's nicely, put in a little humor, I loved it!
Becky chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Wow, all I can say about your writing is how awesome it is. I need more adjectives. :) This was a magnificent story. You do SUCH a great job with OC guys in Kaiba's life! They never try to overpower, they're like nice foils to his personality. George was a really great, nice guy, very likeable with a lot of personality shown without ever boring us by taking the focus away from Kaiba. ;) He seems just about as close as anyone might get to Kaiba, but at the same time because of the distance an old flight instructor or project worker would likely have from the CEO, he shows that Kaiba must be closer to other people even if we never see it. It would be interesting to have a closer look at his relationship with his secretary or personal assistants, people he'd work with even more. Though I think there'd be a special bond between the two even if Kaiba doesn't acknowledge it. George obviously cares and is concerned about him, and Seto must've been deeply affected by there time together, first being introduced to the joy of flying, then by creating something as special to him as X-BEWD. So George is a really great character. :) I wouldn't mind seeing him in some more stories, though considering what a small part he'd likely have in Kaiba's life, what you've presented seems to be enough of him as well, more of him might be too overpowering. It's just not in Kaiba's nature to become more friendly with someone that what was shown in this story so it would be weird if George was suddenly hanging out at the mansion. Though he could teach Mokuba how to fly... :) This was a superb story, I'm sure I won't even regret staying up past 4am reading your stories. Keep up the great work, you're an amazingly talented writer bringing out subtle characteristics so clearly that I wonder how I managed not to realize them sooner. If I can even think of them as something new, you do such a good job it feels almost like yeah, I always knew that. Way to go! Keep on writing!
X-parrot chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Wow. I said I liked the outsider's POV? Yeah. Wow. Much, much love. Not a side of Kaiba often seen, and yet one that pretty much has to exist, for the corporation to be as successful as it is. Not just his genius, but that he can inspire others. And great to see, too, an older man's understanding of how truly young Kaiba is, for all he's done.

Loved the little glimpses of comparison before and after Death-T, that moment when George realized his boss has lost it, and then afterwards how he had been changed - beautiful. The way Kaiba grows throughout the story was nicely done, as is the subtle way people care about him without him even realizing it. And of course the little bit with Mokuba, and George's realization of his present motives - totally dead from cute.

*This* is why I read fanfic. Thank you.
Azurite chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Oh wow- am I ever glad I was recommended here by way of ygo_goodfic on LiveJournal. This is one good fic- and of course, my reasoning lies entirely in your characterization. Never before have I seen Kaiba so well-written. His interaction with Gozaburo, challenges, Mokuba, and employees- all fabulously written, intelligently derived... an excellent fic. Other fics of yours were on the rec. list- I will most definitely be checking them out.
Arasoi chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Hot DAMN, you write some awesome fic. Thanks so much for sharing...
BishopXSE chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
I enjoyed this story's in depth character review of Kaiba, especially coming from an outside source by way of George.

Thanks for a great read!
ad deletion chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
My god-that was a piece of literary heaven. Were do I start? Your style is a mixture of the subtle and yet glaringly simple at the same time. I love how you paint Kaiba in softer tones yet retain the same fiercely determined soul that he's known by. How time passes by in your story only heightens the emotions and loyalty the crew has for the tensai. You can literally feel the progression of each and every character mentioned in your story, get a connection towards how important the plane means, and how beautiful it must have been to see the dragon soaring, flying in all its majesty...
ObsessedOtaku chapter 1 . 2/8/2005
All I can say is, WOW! There are very few people who can show the, shall we say… softer? side of Kaiba and still keep him in character. I myself am in the midst of such an attempt, and this story is truly an inspiration. I’ve always been intrigued by Kaiba’s character, and you’ve just made me all the more interested. Kaiba would be proud! Although, he probably wouldn’t admit it! You are very gifted at the art of writing. Thank you for granting us the pleasure of getting to know Kaiba that much more.

P.S. Also, from the way you described it, I fell in love with the X-BEWD almost as much as Kaiba did!
TJ chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
Wicked! A look at Kaiba through the eyes of his employees.

There aren't many fics like this out there.

I pretty much agree with Your characterisation and interpretation. Nice plot.

Thank You.

Now write a story where Kaiba's employees meet Yami/Yugi and the hungry masses, and little old me, will be satisfied.
Omnimalevolent chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
This is really good! Few people can conjure up a true image of Seto Kaiba. Also, I have started reading 'Coelescence' which you referred to in one of your fics, and I have got to say it and your fics are literally the only two actually *meaningful* Yu-Gi-Oh fics I have read.
Picaro chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
O_O *takes a deep breath* ...That has to be one of the best stories Ive read EVER.

The way you kept them in character, yet also so clearly but not painfully obvious showed and explained their changes over time and also their reasons to is simply amazing. Like said: an more than excellent story, I dont know what else to say.

I think you just gave me a piece of fan-readers heaven. Thank you for that.

~Picaro
zerogw chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
I thought this was written very well, and as you say in the soapbox, Kaiba isn't as cold as portrayed. I think you've done Kaiba justice.
destiny chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
I loved this story so much. From what ive read not many pple can fully capture Kaiba's complicated character, but you did a marvelous job.
Kekewey chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Beautiful. I've loved every one of your Kaiba stories and this one has not dissapointed me. You capture his character incredibly well. I love George, he's very solid and a great OC, one of the best I've seen (not countign your other OC in Moving Forward). I love your portrayel of Gozaburo. When are you going to update Heart and Soul? Or has the creative well dried up for that fic?
matchynishi chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Awesome, this fic is... *nods energetically* I haven't seen many stories on the interaction between Kaiba and his employees. I loved George, you made him a very believeable character. I must admit, when I saw your summary, I kinda went, "Huh? What can be all that interesting about making a plane?" Am however, very glad to be proved wrong. :p The way you've made his employees stay so loyal and dedicated to him was pretty cool. I s'pos having a boss like him *would* be an expert technician's dream...

Also, I especially liked Seto's response to Gozaburo when the big, bad boss-man asked him if he can finish learning everything in three months. Way to take him down a notch, lol. Hurrah for snarky comebacks, I guess. ;-)

In conclusion, I really hope you'll keep on writing one-shots like these. Long and brilliant, just the way I (and everyone else, I suppose) like it. *grins*
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »