Reviews for Firefly
Shelomit chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
A well-written story, if perhaps somewhat overly theatrical in its language at times.

I find the idea that Dooku is beginning to make a complete break with the Order concurrent with the Naboo Crisis very intriguing. Under such circumstances Qui-Gon's death would likely only exacerbate if not catalyze the degeneration of his trust of the Council.

The dialogue between Dooku and Qui-Gon conveys a kind of mutual respect, even as they disagree, which is rather charming. One also gets the impression that, while Dooku may be proud, but he is not proud of himself. Well done.
Ocne chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Oh, Dooku, what have you done? You wanted to say goodbye and you argued instead.

Sad, beautifuly written story. I like your characterizations and your descriptions.

Thank you.
Nelarun chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Oh! that was so sad! It was perfect! I've said it before, but I'm saying it again. I love your Dooku - you really bring him to life.

micky-nikki chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
This was so so good. The emotions were conveyed really beautifully. I loved how you used little motions and expressions to show Qui-Gon's feelings, like touching his stomach. There was so much going between these two during this fic, their past together and what Dooku was experiencing before and after Qui-Gon's death. It's very deep, and I really enjoyed it.

And Jess, I heard about what happened to Molly. I am so very sorry. She sounds like she was a wonderful friend. *hugs*
Scribe of Anadril chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Wow...Poor Dooku, I did kind of wonder why we never saw him at the funeral. But then nobody knew who Qui-Gon's master was at the time. Why are you the only one that makes Dooku seem human?
Child-of-the-Dawn chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Truly beautiful. The way in which you portayed Dooku was quite accurate in my eye. Very bittersweet.
Sith Queen chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
wow it was tuchin really the senery was just right and the attitudes were perfecrt so wow
Athena Leigh chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
I just read this again. It's a great look at a moment between them that you can really imagine happening. The setting is so appropriate too. A final confrontation in a dark garden. Very good story.
Cael Fenton chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Hey Jess, so nice to see a new piece from you! Intense angst, check. Beautiful, flawless Dooku and Qui-Gon characterisation, check. Very well done, as always. The only problem with your writing is that it seems incapable of being inelegant.
LuvEwan chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Oh my gosh. That was just remarkably good. So fluid and beautifully written. The POV of Dooku was perfect. Wow. Dead-on characterizations of both characters with just the right level of emotion. Really well done, Charmisjess.
Infamous One chapter 1 . 1/24/2005