Reviews for The Handprint
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Oh goodness..
lunalily chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
this is the best oneshot of james/lily i have ever read. its so sad but i love reading it! :)
Cynical Romantic Lass chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
this was so sweet. I was almost crying by the end. Interesting how you didn't make it cliche by having her say i love you at the end. really excellent job.
spygirl4747 chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
great
entmaid chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Wow...you wrote this in fifteen minutes? A bit clichéd in the way of describing Lily's feelings, as I'm sure you're aware of ("how I never want to leave his side again"), but that is very hard to avoid. And in fifteen minutes...good job. The idea with the handprint is original.

You had some great, un-clichéd sentences as well: "...yearning toward the windowsill." "How his casket will be a gorgeous glossy brown." Get in more of that - describing what people normally don't register, or putting words together in a new way of saying things. Keep up the work:)

greenlady
man eating plant chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
excellent story but i dont get why lily cant tell him that she loves him
asdghjlkl chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
Whoa. Well done! (Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?)

Hmm, I can't imagine James telling Lily that he doesn't love her anymore, but I guess I see your point. It's odd - if she hadn't seen through his little scheme, she would have been hurt because of that, too.

The handprint itself is a nice touch. It's very easy to picture that scene; poor Lily! Crying like that is awful. And her inability to mourn for the Prewetts is perfectly understandable.

Aw. She doesn't need to say it. He'll understand it anyway - he always does. :)
Raine chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
WOW! That was amazing!
sanchezkm chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Oh. That was so good. And so sad. I love Lily and James so much. They're like, the eternal couple. Uh. Fark it man, I should really stop reading this stuff, it all just makes my heart break. Almost had me crying there.
Miss Myrtle360 chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Hm. Much mental battle here. Why can't she tell him that she loves him? Is it the shock that he's NOT dead? Was she so happy to see him that she was in shock? WHAT!

I like this one, despite the lack of detail as to WHY. but hey, I'm just overly persistant. Thank you for writing a fic that shows a worried Lily sitting there engulfed in tears because James isn't there. It's a nice change of pace. Usually it's the other way around...

If you're going to write another chapter (which you don't have to do, I mean I'll be a little disappointed, but it's good the way it is, and what would the next one be about? It'd be a little difficult to follow up on this one.), please write it soon!

Hugs and fuzzles

Miss Myrtle360
J.E.A.R.K.Potter chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
That's sweet.-(Erin)J.E.A.R.
shortywithbrains chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Wow, that was kinda angsty. I little weird, but cool all the same. Lily reminded me of myself when I'm just sitting there and imagining someone close to me had died. Then I sit there and I cry and all that. Sad stuff. Well, this was good considering you wrote it in 15 minutes. Can I expect anymore oneo-shots?