Reviews for What Have Tomatoes Got to Do With Anything?
pronker chapter 1 . 3/30
Wonderful! And this is many years post-fictum, but the play 'Charley's Aunt' is set about the same time as 'Earnest' and also contains wonderful dialogue and social satire. Hope you can get to read it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
I did this scene and the one directly before with some friends for a drama exam. I was Gwendolen and my BFF was algernon.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
... what have tomatoes got to do with ANYTHING?
Anna chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Well, this story is quite old now, but I want to let you know how much I liked it. I love Wilde's comedy in this setting. I'm afraid the laughing will keep me awake some time more. The idea is so easy, but you carry it out very smoothly. So, eight years later it is still appreciated. )
Izaliana LightningSong chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
brilliant! especially the scheduled burnings! err, no, i'm not a pyromaniac, but i'm actually watching ROTK right now with my cousin and coincidentally laughed aloud while Gandalf and Pippin were rescuing Faramir when i read that! :) not to worry though, my cousin is used to my random outbursts of half-crazed laughter...ahh well, keep up the awesome hilariosity! :D
Nanuk chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
! That was hilarious! LOL
ApplePie777 chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Funny! :D

Yeah, I was kinda pissed off at Denethor in the movie when Pippin was singing this beautiful song and Denethor was just gobbling up tomatoes madly. Yes, there was juice dribbling down his chin. I saw it! Can't he eat them blasted things later, maybe?

Missa
Tabbyprincess chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
That was...odd...but good!
hrgggggggggh chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
That was hilarious. Very well done. :)
Tassel630 again chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Although Algernon is way cooler than Denethor. Algernon is my favorite Earnest character. 'Cept maybe Cecily. But probably Algy.
Tassel630 chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
HAHAHA! I just saw The Importance of Being Earnest, and I never noticed the similarities! (Although in the performance I just saw, at the end of the scene, Algernon and Jack both grab at the plate and then freeze glaring at each other while the scene changes.) Anyway, that's hilarious!
Psalm 136 chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Haha, that was awesome. We read The Importance of Being Earnest in my language arts class last year and it was terribly funny. Though, my class WAS lame, so I think myself and a few others were the only ones to laugh at the muffin scene. I was always confused as to why they were talking about muffins... it seemed really random. Oh well! Great story, funny, I liked it!
SecretShadow3 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Haha! I love the importance of being Ernest! This is so great!
Mysterywriter221 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
I loved it! Do you think you could do it with other Earnest scenes? I have never read Lord of the Rings but it still was entertaining.

-Mysterywriter221
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
LOL! This was hysterically funny.