Reviews for Fire Ascending
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
And it is so close to acceptance... but the ships are still gone and the House of Finwe still decimated...
Lindale chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Why did Miriel choose not to return? I have always wondered that.

You portrayed Feanor's reaction beautifully to his father announcing the engagment and at the start made him seem so... alive.

Lindale
Mauve Alert chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
It's been awhile since I ventured into the LOTR fandom, but I remembered how much I enjoyed your writing and decided to make a visit. :)

I loved this piece. Feanor's emotions were perfectly fitting for a child, mourning his mother, who finds out that his father is remarrying. Finwe, I think, was my favorite- all he wanted was a whole family, his son, the woman he loved, more children. This line summed him up pretty well:

"No," Finwë called. "Leave us. I will handle this."

I liked how he said "I *will* handle this." rather than "I can handle this." He really wanted Feanor to accept his new wife. All in all, I found him really endearing.

Feanor's pride and temper is very evident, even as a child. I liked that.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I hadn't considered the significance of Feanor being from one of the first few generations of Elves. An interesting premise. Poor Feanor, he's so sweet here. Finwe's awkwardness really comes through, too. *sniff* Beautiful and moving. Wow.
ofShadow chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Hi! I wanted to thank you for reviewing my story. Now, I have have come to review yours. I have no criticism for this story because I think it's wonderful! I haven't read the Silmarillion for a while, and this story has inspired me to read it again. Great job!
Blodeuedd chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
I am so amazed by this work, I can't really even think of anything to say. There should be 'FAVORITE Favorite Stories' section where I can add this story to... This is really, heartbreakingly good. It's so head and shoulders above anything most writers can churn out that it makes me want to give up MY effort to write Feanor's life (which should hopefully be updated soon...). Keep up the great work! You made me cry! I love your take on Feanor.
Athanasia chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I loved your fic !Poor Finwë to have to deal with such a situation ...

Go on ! It was great !
ElvenPirate41 chapter 1 . 2/11/2005
How lovely! Poor confused Fëanor...

~EP41 :)
BanbieBunny chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
I liked this story. And I loved the idea of Feanor turning a cart wheel. I always thought of him as being a very alive person.
Dawn Felagund chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Your writing is beautiful! I never wrote a review for your story about the rescue of Maedhros (although I loved reading it and eagerly awaited updates!) because I had nothing constructive to say and empty praise gets boring after a while, but two good stories in a row deserves commendment!

You paint a wonderful picture of Feanor as a child. I can see him as I read, so proud that he can jump and touch the top of the wall, only to have so small a triumph overshadowed by Finwe's news. You describe perfectly how I always imagined young Feanor to be.

Are you going to update this? I do hope so!

Best of luck,

Dawn Felagund
Nyeren chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Wow! I really enjoyed this story, and though I've never been terribly fond of him, it made me feel quite sorry for him. Finwe, too, as you pointed out.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
That was excellent! Very well written! You've done an excellent job of capturing Feanor and Finwe both. I like the way you have depicted them here and would like to read more of your works.
Faerlan chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
This was such a pleasure to read! Your background knowledge adds a lot to the story, it makes total sense. Please write more!
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Aw, bless. Poor wee Feanor, and Nerdanel and Mahtan were so _sweet_. (You know I have a soft spot for Mahtan as it is...)

I do like seeing Feanor at a more innocent time. Poor Finwe just doesn't know what to do with him (and of course, in later years Mahtan doesn't fare much better!)