Reviews for Prelude to the Mask
Child of Dreams chapter 19 . 3/5/2017
It's Garnier, not Gardnier.
Thief-King chapter 21 . 2/16/2007
I really am enjoying this, but I see that you have not updated for the longest time. I hope that you have not forgotten us. If you have, I'm glad you at least posted this for our enjoyment.
nativedreamer chapter 5 . 10/17/2006
The last review that I left was in early January 06. I wonder what happened that you decided not to continue with this story? We authors have our own stories that involve writer's block, loss of interest, and the demands of life which derail our writing. Writers on this site don't get paid with money or fame. The best we can hope for are honest reviews from our readers and a feeling of accomplishment as we work our stories.
Banana-Moca chapter 21 . 8/8/2006
Oh, how I hope you have not left us here for good. I am enjoying this very much and I'd be disappointed to see it not finished. I hope your next chapter comes on swift feet.
nativedreamer chapter 20 . 1/24/2006
So, Erik will be kidnapped and sprited away to Persia to build a city that will rival Paris? Muahahahaha
nativedreamer chapter 19 . 1/24/2006
The best part of this chapter is Eirk's perspective. And the best part of that is his encounter with Renee. That part rings true.
nativedreamer chapter 18 . 1/24/2006
Very nicely done. This chapter moves along well and each section has good points of interest with the detail enhancing the story. Madame Aubert is fascinating, and of course Erik is as usual, mysterious and highly skillful. I was surprised to still see him with the family since last chapter's ultimatum.

My heart goes out to Benoit. Will you be writing some happiness into this story for that poor fellow?
nativedreamer chapter 16 . 1/24/2006
This chapter flowed beautifully. Your descriptions of Erik are becoming increasingly realistic.
nativedreamer chapter 15 . 1/24/2006
I think I'm falling in love with your Madame Aubert, so seductively evil.

Your description of Erik as she worships his beauty: ooh la la!
nativedreamer chapter 13 . 1/23/2006
Ah, villains. They are always so charming when done well. Madame Aubert is a delightful mix of arrogance, villany, and carelessness.

And youth Erik is shaping up nicely as well. Shrugging off his coat with grace. Hm.

More please.
nativedreamer chapter 12 . 1/22/2006
heartwringing
nativedreamer chapter 11 . 1/22/2006
I know edxactly what you're saying. It can take me awhile to find errors in my story as well. It helps if you have somebody else read it who is good with grammer.

Once again, nice story progression. It's time to say farewell to child Erik. It was effective, your introducing him in the tense scene of jealousy with his brother Benoit.

In regards to the note you sent me about your writing in this story: I think you might be much happier with the product if you did a rewrite. It would probably be minor with a changing of some of the syntax and doing a slight amount of trimming in select sentences. It's amazing how a simple, careful rewrite can dramatically sharpen a chapter and make it shine.

It's interesting how you've given Erik a true home with parental admiration and filial jealousy.
nativedreamer chapter 10 . 1/22/2006
I have a question. Why did Benoit cast his eyes down a moment after he met Erik's intense stare? He doesn't seem very shy, and considering how interested he was in Erik's profile earlier and his behaviour around the piano, it was unexpected.
nativedreamer chapter 9 . 1/21/2006
So Erik will stay because he's useful...the fate of any abandoned child.
nativedreamer chapter 7 . 1/20/2006
When your writing touches Erik, it shines.