Reviews for Moments
Gengkotsuya chapter 4 . 1/18/2008
I was blown away by your metaphors and imagery.O_O That was beautiful and a little sad in some parts but nonetheless moving and mostly, beautiful.*adds to favorite*
Keax chapter 4 . 3/17/2005
Gorgeous use of words and ambiguity. Absolutely lovely.
Hal chapter 4 . 2/20/2005
Hey!

You posted this on the Yahoo ML right? Or was it another one? can't remember, sorry! Coz I'm very busy nowadays. But if you did, I'll post it up in the ML's website!

Anyway, I think you've got good language though I kinda confused of who's the you and the him and me... never mind, maybe I'll read again later... Now I need to concentrate on my maths!

Ta!

~~ Luv from Hal
chickenshitt chapter 4 . 2/20/2005
Indeed, this is very much different from your previous vignettes - more casual, more down-to-earth, but the poetic wit was still there (I liked how the words in parentheses affected the mood of the piece, if you know what I mean). And yes, Sendoh is the speaker, making Shohoku as an excuse to keep fitness while Ryonan was off for any competition. Ne? :)

Dude, you rock more. I review when I have a lot to say. Keep up, write more (soon).
kyou chapter 3 . 2/15/2005
I must say I like your writings, they flow rather smoothly, and are enticing and intriguing. And yet, after reading, after liking, I'm still not sure I interpreted them right. But I still like them, isn't that odd?
chickenshitt chapter 3 . 2/15/2005
I got what happened on the surface (barely), but I didn't really understand the deeper meaning, and I don't want to assume. Your writing is very calm, very enticing to any kind of reader, especially those who don't want pieces limited to a one-way universe (intent vs interpretation, yes). Also, it was just like Rukawa to have his body understand things first before his mind can fully comprehend what he wants. :) Great job, keep up, more soon.
sereneione chapter 2 . 1/31/2005
I am feeling so stupid right now. Because I couldn't understand what was going on in the second chapter. And everybody else does. But... I like it. The chapter I mean. Seriously. I don't know why either. Anyways, do you mind explaning to me about the chapter? )
chickenshitt chapter 2 . 1/31/2005
You have this style that makes your readers gasp at the brilliance, yet they still want to grasp what you really mean. This was ambiguous, all right, and no matter how I look at it, in it's simplicity and hidden elegance and richness, it's still one word. (Beautiful.) Please write more. (Soon.) :)
bittersplendor chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
This was just beautiful.

I was just visiting after such a long time, not really expecting to find anything good. Then this popped up, and just.. gah. It's so poignant and I love how it all comes together. I do wish you write more SD fics, as there are a severe lack of good ones like yours. ;D
fiery frost chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
I love the language and style you used, as well as the intensity of the moment you captured. Good work!
Night Strider chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Now that was something; no, seriously. I wouldn't pretend that I wholly understood the whole thing, which is short by the way, because it is really a wonderful introspection you have there. Really wonderful. I was just asked to read Faulkner's 'The Sound and the Fury' and James Joyce's 'The Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man' and believe me, this is just how they wrote them with the controlling style of that vague and esoteric 'stream of consciousness'. But unlike those two novels, I somehow got the picture nonetheless and was able to relate, slightly however, because I know Slam Dunk. You write well, I mean, so well. I hope this isn't the last time you write something about Slam Dunk or I'll have to beg you to be a fan. Good work.

I also liked the fact that you didn't write dialogues which would've made matters worse for my understanding, you know _
chickenshitt chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
It's Kaede. It's also "do'aho". :) Even so, this is too beautiful. Beautiful words, beautiful metaphors, beautiful imagery, angsty and beautiful RuHana. I felt everything. Keep up, write more. :)