Reviews for Finding His Voice
whitehound chapter 6 . 10/29/2005
All too horribly realistic - it takes at least months, and usually years, of constant reassurance to get through to someone with that sort of grindingly low self-esteem. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt (in Hermione's role, not his).

[More minor typos - "even Gryffindor’s wouldn’t be so foolhardy" and "admire its’ sparkle" shpouldn't have apostrophes in - and "fools gold" should though I'm not sure whether it should be "fool's gold" or "fools' gold" - depends how many fools you are thinking of!]
whitehound chapter 5 . 10/29/2005
Believable and vivid as ever - couple more typos, hope you don't mind me pointing them out but I wouldn't bother if it wasn't such an utterly perfect story - you've got "taking her too" where it clearly should be "taking her to," "pickles dragons breath" should be "pickled dragons' breath," and Florish should surely have a u in it. And "hollered" is a blatant Americanism - we'd say "bellowed" - but I'm not sure if it matters because it's in the authorial voice rather than in Snape's or Hermione's voice.
whitehound chapter 4 . 10/29/2005
Sweet and convincing - poor lad, he really does think no-one could possibly want him, and I think that's fairly clear in canon. And I could well see Hermione turning out like this - as confident and as kind.

[Spotted some more minor typos though - there's always at least one, however many times you look. "Next weeks classes" should be "next week's classes;" "we both no perfectly well" - that should be "know;" "despite the layers of material wore" is obviously missing a word; and "one of it's own" should be "one of its own."]
whitehound chapter 2 . 10/29/2005
Hermione being brightly manipulative (why doesn't she blackmail Rita Skeeter into writing some favourable articles about Snape btw?) and brave and protective - it's time somebody stuck up for him in public, poor lad! Loved the bit about throwing salt over his shoulder at mention of Neville.

To put in little break-lines, you have to make them out of a string of alternating characters which ffic will accept (it doesn't seem to accept asterisks or tildes for example and they come out blank, and I don't think it likes strings of single characters either). Personally I use hyphens and o-s, viz. - -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- - centred and bold. If you have a look at some of my own stuff you will see what I mean. Feel free to copy and paste.

Spotted two typos in this chapter, btw - "ream of" in the first line should almost certainly be "ream off," and "the weeks classes" should be "the week's classes."

[Hope you're not offended by my pointing this out - it's just that I know how hard it is to spot typoes in one's own work, and I always hope people will point out mine for me!]

And two very minor Britpicks - Snape would think "pain-in-my-arse," not "ass" - and Hermione probably wouldn't say "jackass" unless she's been watching an awful lot of American TV recently. She'd probably say "moronic."
whitehound chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Yeah, that sounds like Snape all right - getting control of his miserable isolation by convincing himself he prefers it :( Very well-written.
amwong88 chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
I had to reread all the previous chapters cuz i had forgotten how much i enjoy this story of yours! Really excellent job describing their feelings - snape's in particular is very evocative and realistic - and i just wanted to ask if you might include some jealousy in it? I thought it might b interesting to see how Snape deals with it when Hermione gets attention from some other guy.

anyways, great job and please please update soon!
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
Ah. Intelligence dawns at last. And he only had to ask. M. Nice.
vegiegurl-too lazy to log in chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
So you've given Firefly a rest? I don't mind as long as I get at LEAST one update. _
Fuuruma chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
I'm really glad that you upload! I loved the chapter! Is good to see that Severus and Hermione are going to talk, it would be good if we can know what is going on in Hermione's head...

Thanks for uploading
HeraBates chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
I loved the students and their gossip.

Poor Severus, I loved that he thought of the toothbrush as mocking him, and him using her shampoo, lol.
Miri Tiazan chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
Aw, poor Snape. All alone with her toothbrush. A tragic picture.
J. K. Rowling chapter 6 . 10/28/2005
All I can say is thank you.

I meant no offense when I reviewed on your other story, and those people who were quick to rise and tell me to go to hell (now, would my fans appreciate that?) obviously did not read clearly what I said.

Good job, fellow author-

J. K. Rowling
sallene chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
Another wonderful update!

You have a way of describing things that is amazing. I can actually smell the cinnamon and strong tea, the way you describe them.

I'm glad he's not sulking anymore.
mugglemomof3 chapter 7 . 10/28/2005
Wow, Hermione really is a saint. I guess she was completely prepared for this. Keep it up. Please!
Megan chapter 5 . 10/26/2005
I already wrot a review for the next chapter but I had to write another to agree with you that I also think Severus is a good guy... just really F'ed up. In the 7th book JK better make him good and have the whole AD killing just a set up, or I will have some agry letters to send!
352 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »