Reviews for Finding His Voice
SailorSev chapter 7 . 10/30/2005
excellent story

some humor, lots of drama, not too much angst, and very very well written.

keep it up.
WhiteCabbit chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
NO! that was actually pretty cool i liked it alot! hurry up with the next chapter!
LadyGodiva13 chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
WRITE MORE SOON! im completely in love with your story! you are a WICKED author!...

p.s. if at all possible could you make a jealous snape appear in the near future...jealous snape is so sexy...mwahahaha
Transylvanian chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
Great stoy. Can't wait to read more.
Shinjitsu to Gensou chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
Such a good story! And I love how the song lyrics compliment the chapters! I understand how you feel about how HG/SS can't be put onto paper. It's just... not right. I love this story and can't wait for the next chapter.
A Lee En chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
Wow, I just stumbled over this one and I love it. I love Snape/Hermionie fics and you're going a great job - I can so see Snape, Hermionie and Dumbledore acting just like this. Wonderful story! I'm adding you to my alerts list and anxiously awaiting an update.

Thanks for sharing this one!

-j
Tigerfanfrv chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
aww i love sappy, fluffy fics :-} please update soon
Shdwcat27 chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
Sulky Snape. Brilliant Chapter.
whitehound chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
"...lay awake for the rest of the night, determined not to think of her" - oh dear, poor Snape!

[One minor typo - Botts should be Blotts, shouldn't it? - and ffic in its wisdom has deleted some spaces - I don't know why it sometimes does that but it's very annoying - so you've got "dragthem" and "wasalmostright."]
whitehound chapter 6 . 10/29/2005
All too horribly realistic - it takes at least months, and usually years, of constant reassurance to get through to someone with that sort of grindingly low self-esteem. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt (in Hermione's role, not his).

[More minor typos - "even Gryffindor’s wouldn’t be so foolhardy" and "admire its’ sparkle" shpouldn't have apostrophes in - and "fools gold" should though I'm not sure whether it should be "fool's gold" or "fools' gold" - depends how many fools you are thinking of!]
whitehound chapter 5 . 10/29/2005
Believable and vivid as ever - couple more typos, hope you don't mind me pointing them out but I wouldn't bother if it wasn't such an utterly perfect story - you've got "taking her too" where it clearly should be "taking her to," "pickles dragons breath" should be "pickled dragons' breath," and Florish should surely have a u in it. And "hollered" is a blatant Americanism - we'd say "bellowed" - but I'm not sure if it matters because it's in the authorial voice rather than in Snape's or Hermione's voice.
whitehound chapter 4 . 10/29/2005
Sweet and convincing - poor lad, he really does think no-one could possibly want him, and I think that's fairly clear in canon. And I could well see Hermione turning out like this - as confident and as kind.

[Spotted some more minor typos though - there's always at least one, however many times you look. "Next weeks classes" should be "next week's classes;" "we both no perfectly well" - that should be "know;" "despite the layers of material wore" is obviously missing a word; and "one of it's own" should be "one of its own."]
whitehound chapter 2 . 10/29/2005
Hermione being brightly manipulative (why doesn't she blackmail Rita Skeeter into writing some favourable articles about Snape btw?) and brave and protective - it's time somebody stuck up for him in public, poor lad! Loved the bit about throwing salt over his shoulder at mention of Neville.

To put in little break-lines, you have to make them out of a string of alternating characters which ffic will accept (it doesn't seem to accept asterisks or tildes for example and they come out blank, and I don't think it likes strings of single characters either). Personally I use hyphens and o-s, viz. - -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- - centred and bold. If you have a look at some of my own stuff you will see what I mean. Feel free to copy and paste.

Spotted two typos in this chapter, btw - "ream of" in the first line should almost certainly be "ream off," and "the weeks classes" should be "the week's classes."

[Hope you're not offended by my pointing this out - it's just that I know how hard it is to spot typoes in one's own work, and I always hope people will point out mine for me!]

And two very minor Britpicks - Snape would think "pain-in-my-arse," not "ass" - and Hermione probably wouldn't say "jackass" unless she's been watching an awful lot of American TV recently. She'd probably say "moronic."
whitehound chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Yeah, that sounds like Snape all right - getting control of his miserable isolation by convincing himself he prefers it :( Very well-written.
amwong88 chapter 7 . 10/29/2005
I had to reread all the previous chapters cuz i had forgotten how much i enjoy this story of yours! Really excellent job describing their feelings - snape's in particular is very evocative and realistic - and i just wanted to ask if you might include some jealousy in it? I thought it might b interesting to see how Snape deals with it when Hermione gets attention from some other guy.

anyways, great job and please please update soon!
361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »