Reviews for Finding His Voice
3sixty5days chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Wow. This is a fanfiction with grea depth and meaning. It's plot (from what I can see) is written out neatly and planned carefully. The words carefully chosen and carefully matched. The words themselves seem to flow with grace and style.

The poem was beautiful and I LOVE it. If you don't mind, I would like to share it my my 7th grade english class. Good job and no matter what, keep up the story. I'll look forward to your next chapter. Please update soon.
June W chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
BTW, 'She Never Stops Talking' *IS* posted here on fanfiction - story /s/2143412/1.
June W chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
I love this story! It's a perfect prequel to 'She Never Stops Talking'. I wonder if you'll give us Hermione's viewpoint some time - she has to be quite determined to break down his barriers. Although I think this "drink" scene in Ch2 would be enough to confirm to her what to do with him, it still took something to make her determined enough to sit there and sit there while he refused her apprenticeship, and even to come up with the apprenticeship idea with Albus. Also, since she's usually a quiet bookworm, what made her determine to be so talkative - that would be an interesting thought process for you to write. I'm looking forward to the next chapter already!
kiwiknight chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
hey! this is a really good story! please continue! i love how hermione really stands up for severus, it's nice that someone does... i can just tell that this is going to get better and better! o i'm excited!
carpathia chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
This was an enjoyable read,i felt so sad for Snape, but i think he will get his due reward in the end ( more than a order of merlin ). You captured his character well, i hope you continue with this story, you have my interest. It is sad that Severus thinks he has no friends in real book or your story but I do think that at one point though, Remus will also reach out to Severus as a friend. I look forward to you continueing..oh and by the way, i agree whole heartedly with you on the Gerald Butler, yum yum, fantastic movie...
amura chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
this story is great! i hope you're planning on doing much, much more with it. the poem at the end was also amazing. you're a wonderful writer, keep it up! :)
goblynn chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Excellent followup, Mich. I don't think you're disappointing anyone. I know *I'm* certainly happy to see some background to that lovely story of yours. It's a shame doesn't allow PWP anymore. Concrit: great work on characterizations and dialogue.
shadowed.phoenix chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Oh, Michmak, this was beautiful. From surly Snape to your lovely poem... your work is so amazing. There's something about your stories that just... I don't know-they're enchanting, as cliche as that sounds. HWNC was brilliant, and I admit, I was a bit hesitant to read this just because I hadn't the slightest idea as to how you could possible BEGIN to measure up to it. But you have, and I love it.

Severus is... oh, if only I had the words. But he's so amazingly in-character and so wonderfully real that he's practically tangible. Every detail of his face, every implication of his feelings... you make that all come alive. There's no one else who can write Severus Snape like you do; no one else who makes him into a living person instead of a 2-dimensional image. I don't know how you manage it, but I love it.

And Hermione is wonderful too, of coure. I love her passion and her defiance-I'm so proud of her for giving back her badge! She's so... righteous, I think is the word I'm looking for. I know you find righteous Hermione everywhere, but you've managed not to do as so many do-you've managed not to overextend it, not to make it seem unbelievable. She's beautiful, both in words and in spirit, and again, I love that.

"With stunning sudden clarity, he realized she was beautiful." Ah! That was my favorite line of the chapter, for no apparent reason. It was just touching, and so honest that it somehow meant so much. I don't know, I don't have the words you seem to possess in such quantities. But I love this story, and I can't wait for the next little bit. Please write more soon!

((Ah, and also-I loved you poem. It was gorgeous.))
Nonnihil Scelestus chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
I like this story so far. Its good. As for the poem at the end of this chapter, it was a good poem, better than anything I've ever written. Keep up the good work.
Kjersti aurora borealis1 chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Brill. I absolutely love it. Can't wait to read more. Also loved "She never stops talking", so I'm *really* looking forward to the continuation of this story. :) Keep up the great work.
klo chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
This is so wonderfully different and sad and joyful that I just had to tell you that I love it! Severus is reacting just exactly the way I would expect - and Hermione, bless her, is able to see through him and around him as she works her magic. Love really is magic and it's a pleasure to watch as Severus learns that lesson. I am truly looking forward to more.

PS: Your poem is neither maudlin nor cheesy. It certainly made me tear up and I think it's perfect for this story.
Theodoras-Faith chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I'll think I'll wait 'til the second chappie to see about this, but it has a good start!
kiss-of-cuteness chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
Loved the chapter. Hermione was written so well. Your poem was incredible. I lvoed it!
Rosmerta chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Do continue! I can't wait to see what Hermione thinks of all this self-isolation. ;) This does seem very realistic - I could imagine a post-war Severus thinking and acting just like this.
kiss-of-cuteness chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Loved the opening chapter. i think you really nailed Snape's character. Learn To be Lonely is an awesome song... Gerard Butler is not quite as hot as Patrick Wilson
346 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »