Reviews for Down with the Dubbed
grace chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
To phazon droid or whatever your name was.

Are you saying that you like the One Piece 4kids dub? I don't have anything against you for that, but before you go bitching about the author getting somethings wrong, think about it this way.

The One Piece cast is awesome. Since the 4kids dub edited blood and gore out, it'll either make kids think that there's no such thing as getting hurt or they'll probably believe everything they see and take a knife to little Timmy down the road. Either way is equally bad.

Like Sanji said, kids see people smoking all the time. Now you can hardly go outside and see people not smoking. It's not like he has a START SMOKING sign on his forehead.

About the Rocket thing. Luffy says his punch is as hard as a pistol. The 4kids dub turned that into his punch is like a rocket. Sure rockets weren't made in that time, but they are mentioned a few times. Like when Kokoro takes them on the other seatrain, its name is Rocketman. Luffy's attack, Gomu Gomu no Rocket is saying that his punch sends the other person flying like they're in a rocket. Besides, who gives a damn if stuff makes sense anymore?
grace chapter 8 . 1/19/2011
Yes! Larry was beaten up!I can't stand the dub.
Phazon Droid chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I could go on and on about how many people have bitched and moaned about 4Kids dub of One Piece, but I won't because it's annoying.

AT one point, you talk about Luffy saying that "rockets weren't even freakin invented at that time." That's odd, seeing as one of his original attacks is Gomu Gomu no ROCKET! I suggest you do a bit of research before coming in here and think that you've got 4Kids dub of One Piece down packed. What you said about "rockets don't punch" doesn't make any sense. When they say that in the dub, that isn't a literal statement and you shouldn't take it that way, so you're in the fault there.
David Kartas chapter 8 . 12/10/2006
Nice-specialy like the part when Ussop freaking out and runing round allongside Larry.

PS:You should do a sequel,telling of the crews confrontation with Al Kahn.
MalkyTop chapter 8 . 12/2/2006
E...

Larry must've pissed in his pants several times now.
sesoma0 chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
you rock and i love you for doing this!

4kids sucks and i hope they will die lol

anyway keep up the good work

ill read all ya storys and promote them in forums and try to put a link everywhere!

cya
TXWolfie chapter 5 . 5/30/2006
ROFL awesome Lyra! XD That makes so much sense! Sanji would totally pay that guy to do that! LOL And poor Zoro lol he got burned...at least he got free... LOL I luvs this story! You should totally continue it! X3
nld200xy chapter 8 . 5/18/2006
One question: It said in teh first chapter that Robin and Shanks were on the list, but they weren't even in the waiting room. What was up with that?
Nefnie chapter 8 . 5/11/2006
That was GREAT! Too bad I have pretty much given up on you updating it, since its been like over a YEAR!
Aya-chan92 chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Im laughin my ass off XD!
Spellcaster Hikaru chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Oops. Ment to say more real quick but I didn't realize that was the last chapter. Anyway, I can't wait till the next chapter. _ I want t see Shanks' reaction to the horible dubing and I think it'd be amusing if Smoker showed up. (Tashigi might also have a thing to say sice with Kunia being 'alive' they're trying to say (or it at least hints) that she has amnisa(I just know I didn't spell that right) and apparently joined the Marines. -_-) Anyway, good luck with the next chapter.
Spellcaster Hikaru chapter 8 . 3/27/2006
*stares in awe at the mistakes 4kids made* I never watch the show so I didn't know that they tried to pass Bellemere off as dead (though I did here in another fic that they tried to do the same with Kunia which made just as much sense as the Bellemere thing -_-) nor that Rika was Chopper. Actualy that's not entirely true. I did see one episode with Chopper but I think my mind blocked out the horibleness of the sceen. Its a shame I can't do the same with Sanji's voice. *shudders* I'm afraid I've been far too scared by that allready.
Spellcaster Hikaru chapter 7 . 3/27/2006
Heh heh, actualy I didn't notice any of the spelling mistakes. _' Unless I'm paying close attention my mind kinda substitutes the name in my mind when I know who's being spoken about. Oh, well. On to the next chapter!
Spellcaster Hikaru chapter 6 . 3/27/2006
Ahh, yes, they finaly introduce Smoker. I don't think Smoker's going to be too happy about their editing. They took away his cigars dang it! And who changes a name to Chaser? What kind of a name is Chaser? Its almsot as bad as when 4kids dubed Shaman King and called Horo Horo(his name is spaced isn't it? I have a bad memory) Trey! That's an even worse name when aplied to said character! Agh!
Spellcaster Hikaru chapter 3 . 3/27/2006
*falls out of chair laughin* Oh, I forgot how funny Zoro's chapter was. _ Just had to complement you on this chapter. Excedingly well done.