Reviews for Abracadabra
Thoughtless Fish chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
Once again, I have been struck dumb by this compelling story. There are so few Wonka fics that are worth reading.

I must admit that I was almost afraid you would never finish this. It was only until tonight that I chanced upon your story once again, feeling the urge to read something about Wonka that was dark and light and real. Your story is the only one I can find that is truly perfect in every way, so I figured I may as well reread what I had read so many months before. When I noticed that a third chapter had been added, I literally did a double-take.

I'm a sucker for depressing stories with unhappy endings, but there are occassional stories out there with happy endings that make my heart swell. Yours is one of them. Everything about it is so fable-like, but very believable.

I'm going to stop before I jabber on and on. I must admit, though, that I have never read anything online that has made me cry. I'm overly sensitive and can sob over novels and movies, but nothing good enough has ever been published on the net to entice tears. At least, not until this story was published.

You've made me cry, and that's the best compliment I could ever give any creator of magic. I will surely read the next thing you write, if it comes to that.
Mithril Maiden chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
i llack the words to compliment you enough. you have taken all the beauiful words and made an amazing story out of em. this is one fic that i will always remember among the thousands i have read. you captured the magic and the romance without damaging them so i bow to you oh great writer.

MM
Mottlemoth chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
I've actually had to sit and wait for ten minutes after finishing this story, so my review isn't just five pages of "Oh wow! Ohmygosh! Yay, they got together! It's so sweet! You're so wonderful! Here, take my firstborn!"

And so, with a little more dignity, I have to tell you that you're superb. My boyfriend is whining behind me because I've ignored him for half an hour to read this story, but I think that it was totally worth it. I loved every single word. Nothing was out of place, there's nothing to criticise, nothing to improve - I think that this is one of those diamond-rare stories where any improvements would actually damage it. Everything came at just the right time. Sometimes, I find myself reading slash fanfiction and getting frustrated that nothing's happened yet, or that it happened too soon, but you've just breezed through it. You're extremely talented.

Your style is incredible, and it's probably the most unique I've seen on It's a mark of a great writer to come up with such beautiful fanfiction, and yet keep their own amazing style. You write so fluidly and easily. It actually gives a feel of chocolate and confectionary, of magic and childhood, the entire spirit of CatCF - yet it's not overwhelming or uncomfortable. A big mistake with CatCF slash fanfiction is to make it too childlike, so the slash feels very awkward (and in the worst examples, nauseous). You've avoided that perfectly. I'm marvelling at how you managed to pull it off, with apparently no effort at all - as I said, superb.

To be fair, CatCF has been absolutely slaughtered by a whole ton of slash writers, but it's stories like this that make me realise why I love this genre. As a CatCF writer, you're stunning, and as a slash writer, you're even more stunning.

If you write anything in future, I'll be absolutely certain to read it. Thank you very, very much for this gem - I'm gobsmacked that you only have 66 reviews. You deserve a thousand.
riddleangel80 chapter 3 . 8/6/2005
aw! so cute!
Sat-Isis chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
_ Was sent here via a link on Deviant Art...and I am NOT disapointed. Thank you. ::glomp::
Fizz3 chapter 3 . 8/5/2005
I like this story very much. You've dealt with this so sensitively, developing the two into a very believable relationship.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
This is so overwhelmingly beautiful and in present tense and has such clever phrasing and it's all so absolutely astonishingly wonderful that I'm writing a run-on sentence with far too many adjectives.

-hurries to chapter two-
Obviouslies chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
OMG! I just loved it. The way you made them speak, the emotion... It was absolutely wonderful the way they stayed in character. I love you.
Umino Akiko chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
Wow. That was... I don't know... intense? Yeah intense. That's the word. Pretty good though.
LadyBush chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
This story is unbelievable. And I mean that in a good way!
Beloved chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
disturbing.

but tremendously well written, fabulous style!

perfect.

just perfect.
Emerald Embers chapter 3 . 8/3/2005
Oh. Yes.

You know how people say "You just killed me" when a story's that good? Well, I'm not quite dead yet, but my heart's certainly taken quite a beating.

My god, that was brilliant. It was beautiful and dreamy and how in hell you managed to get 'I love you' into a sex scene without making me ill is beyond me, but you managed it. It felt right. The whole fic just felt *right*.

This story is bloody awesome :).
Umino Akiko chapter 2 . 8/2/2005
Wow! Powerful stuff you have there.
Umino Akiko chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Eh-heh-heh! That was funny!
Sashan chapter 3 . 8/2/2005
Wow. Just wow. That was brilliant. It was amazing! That was so hot and heart felt, and not just another PWP (which I do love, but it's nice to take a break). I've just recently (a little bit after the movie came out) became a W/C shipper and this is beautiful. This is a great story for new shippers to read and for old ones to read and reread. I love how you wrote Charlie and Willy is so intriguing in this story as well. I was hoping there would be one chapter narated by Willy, but hopefully something in the future? :)

It's funny, I have Depp has my Wonka, but the other Charlie (not Sizemore) as my Charlie, in my head. Sizemore really is innocent looking and I guess my mind can't even corrupt him. ;)

I really hope you write more (especially W/C _~) and I'll be checking out your other pen name. Loved this story and adding it to my favorites. XD
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »