Reviews for Second Best Roses
eden chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
so stella was a lesbian? Im so confused.
JBebe chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Wow. I never saw the girls in this light before, but you did a excellent job interweaving Stella's POV with the series. Makes me want to go and re-read those books all over again (with femslashy goggles).
Hugger-Of-Trees chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Lawks, it seems like forever ago I first read this and had my heart melted and wrung at the same time. However, shame to me I never reviewed it then and only now - after hunting for it for a good hour to read again - find myself in a position to say how wonderfully well written it is.

You brought such delicacy to the laying out of the tale, loved the description of Patty's Place, you really brought it to live.

ThomasWalkman chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
This is ridiculously amazing. Perfectly awkward, sad, wistful, and the characters are spot-on. Possibly one of the best one-shots I've ever read.

If I were to quote my favourite line from this story I'd have to quote every line, but I liked this one especially: "Instead she forced a laugh, like forcing blood from her heart."
paxbanana chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Very interesting take on that relationship. Well written, lovely, and very bittersweet. It fits neatly into the book-verse, in my opinion, which makes it all the better.
Stormkpr chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
I haven't read "Anne of Green Gables", but I read this fic because I am entranced with your Jem fic. Oh my oh my! I feel chagrined that I've never read "Anne" and if it's anywhere near as good as your writing, I must get my hands on a book. You have such a way with words and women. I adore the way you write about women. Her "white, set face under glowingly ruddy hair, staring at her own paper as if she could discover the secret of the universe in it. When the papers were collected the girl's face had suddenly blossomed like a lily, grey eyes shining from within..." Lovely. Even the detailed way you describe the cat speaks volumes. Please keep on writing, Kanna. Your fics are a scrumptious treat!
SaltedLily chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Very original. While I can't say I saw this in Anne of the Island, you've spun out quite an interesting perspective. It's well written anyway, and the fact that you've woven a convincing story out of... well, out of nothing really, speaks volumes for your talent. I particularly like this line:

"I know, I know, thought Stella, wishing she was Phil or Priscilla and could reach out and put her arms around Anne, kiss her white forehead. If she was Phil or Priscilla, perhaps she wouldn't want to so very badly. Perhaps it was wanting to that made it impossible."

Very nice. The internal conflict and self-doubt are done excellently. I also like the conversation and interaction between the girls. It hints at something more, but at the same time, it's all perfectly platonic. All in all, I like it.
Dartxni chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Wow, you caught that emotion well. And your style meshed perfectly with that of the books.
r6144 chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
It is quite lovely and believable. I hope you will fix the "i" and "/i"s appearing in the text.