Reviews for Amelia, Lady Of The Nile
Fireborn101 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Sweet mother of Opera! That was...I don't have words for this. I'm a fan of G&S and on AP and I have to say that this was incredible! I could just HEAR Emmerson singing this in his truly terrible off-key singing voice and see Sethos leading the choirs under the watchful eye (and parasol) of Amealia.
How possible would it be for you to do one about Ramses? I love Ramses and there aren't any Ramses fics and that makes me angry. I would write a fic myself, but I would muder dear Ramses and that would kill me inside.
Mik N'jirnav chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
BRILLIANT! I loved this and I'm sitting here LMAO!
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I like it! Thanks for sharing this.
barbarataku chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Absolutely adorable! Since I do not have computer access at home I printed it out and am taking it home to my husband. He is also an Amelia and gilbert fan. THANK YOU for sharing.
Paulabookworm chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
This is brilliant! I'm a G&S and Peabody fan too - so I had a great time singing this one through. I'm sure that Emerson and Peabody would have loved it too (I love that little bit where they sing "with cat-like tread"!)

I'm also totally impressed with some of the words you managed to fit into this song - while keeping the rhythm and metre of the original - and the rhymes you came up with! Bravo!

Paula
Vee22 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
LOL! That was very amusing and I can suddenly envision Amelia Peabody: The Musical!
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
THAT WAS AWESOME. I laughed so hard! Thank you! I can just picture Emerson standing on top of a tomb singing, with Walter and the crew of workmen dancing behind him singing the chorus! LOL
Maggie chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Wonderful! Made me laugh out loud. "Some may say I'm tempermental, but that's not an apropos/(It's hard to keep one's temper when dealing with Maspero)" def. the best bit! Will you rewrite the whole of P of P, do you think? It should be done...
Bialywhoos chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
I'm a big fan of G&S, and I loved this. Can you do another parody? Maybe something from HMS Pinafore?
Laiqualaurelote chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
This is amusing! You should send it to the newsletter too. Although you should write out what the chorus says as well, it's easier to read that way.

I'm hoping for another song, but it doesn't seem like you want to be doing yet one more...sad.

D'you know where to find the Gilbert and Sullivan songs? I'm still trying to learn how to sing 'For I am a Master Criminal'.
vanillafluffy chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Too, too funny! I once saw it suggested in a chat that John Cleese would be perfect for Emerson. Now, my brain is projecting all sorts of odd things...
MeleeQ chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Oh good lord... I'm now struck with the very frightening image of Emerson singing. Thank you for making my brain implode :P
crazycatluver chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
OMG! you are very creative. you'd better get a good mark for that thing in english! LOL! put up the second verse soon!