Reviews for Benediction
AlanSchezar chapter 3 . 1/3/2013
Some issues with this one. Mostly grammatical hiccups that would be greatly helped by a good beta reader. For example, it's "human", not "humon". A few missing words and such. Again the chronology is confusing.

What I really, REALLY like is the interaction between Winry and Wrath here. I think you did a decent job of capturing both their personalities. It feels fairly authentic and doesn't veer too far from the established characters, which is good.

In answer to your question at the end, Wrath does age like a normal human and this fact is proved by the context of the 2003 anime. If you pay close attention, you'll realize something. 1. Wrath was given over to the gate as a newborn infant. 2. Wrath managed to escape the gate at some point because of the powers given to him by Edward. 3. When Izumi sees Wrath on Yock Island, she definitively states that he is the exact age her son would have been.

Some people suggest that this only means that Wrath did all his growing inside the gate, and that he stopped growing once he left it. This is impossible, and here's why:

When he's found on Yock Island, Wrath is very innocent and he clearly remembers NOTHING whatsoever of the gate or his true nature, which means 2 things: He must have left the gate fairly young, perhaps as a toddler, and that he's been outside it for so long that he's completely forgotten it If it was true that he only grew in the gate and that he stopped forever once he left, for Izumi's comment to be true, he would have had to have escaped the gate JUST before Ed and Al found him, in which case he would be fully aware of it and would know he was a homunculus.

Although it's slightly more open to debate, I would argue that during his appearance in the movie, he clearly has aged as he looks far less child like and more like a teenager during that period (FMA wiki agrees with me). Also, his automail is in shambles when Winry finds him, the cause of which could be his having rapidly outgrown it, causing excessive wear and tear as he awkwardly tried to use limbs too short for him.

Your story makes me wonder how Wrath survived the fight with gluttony? Clearly there's some kind of alternate history happening here, but it's unclear exactly how.
AlanSchezar chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Very interesting! I see I'm not the only person to write a WinryxWrath pairing, although you took a rather different approach. This isn't bad, but the chronology is a bit confusing. I'm not exactly sure what happens when. Also a couple of spelling and grammar errors there. For example, when speaking of a group of them, it's homunculi, but the singular is homunculus. So Wrath is a homunculus, while Envy, Greed and Pride together are homunculi. Minor thing.

Interested to see how this turns out!
Nelja chapter 4 . 2/20/2006
It's still nice. I love their talk, even in the other matters ; I love how they talk about Ed and Al, or about Trisha.
mnemosynegreen chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
YAY! ME like!
Lady Manetsu chapter 3 . 6/22/2005
I suppose homonculus age just like humans until they eat the artificial Stones... Or at least that's what I get the feeling of. Also, I'm guessing Wrath had been a homunculus (Damn, that word sounds so strange using english grammar...) for about thirteen years before the latter half of the anime took place. What happened in between I can only wildly speculate upon...
Nelja chapter 3 . 6/21/2005
Still very good. I don't know at all what is mentionned in the last lines, and I'm happy to see it's normal. I'm also happy I had all these explanations about Wrath working with Psiren. I already want to read the next chapter!
Random Prophet chapter 2 . 3/26/2005
A Wrath/Winry? I always wanted to see one of those... and yay, Clara! You're doing a good job of keeping the canon characters in character, and your OCs are believable. My only complaint is that while the series is originally in Japanese, it's set in an English-speaking setting, so you might wanna keep it in 100% English, okay?
L. C. Webbs chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
after i read an envyxriza i didn't think it was possible to have a more twisted pairing. boy was i wrong! but still it's all very good!
Kamatori chapter 2 . 3/8/2005
Yo! I love this chapter! I feel so bad for Wrath! He's so cute! Can't wait for the next chapter! UPDATE ASAP!
Nelja chapter 2 . 3/8/2005
Very good chapter! I'm sorry, I didn't recognize Clara last time. But she is cool. Now I want to know more about her friends, and why she left Aquroya.. but I also want to see Winry and Wrath more... So go as you like, it will be good anyway!
tigerofthewind chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
It's not bad, if you find someone to beta-read for you. There's a few spelling errors that are troublesome. .;;

The pairing intrigues me, though, so with a bit of work you could have a really great fanfic.
Kamatori chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
I love this story! Next to Envy Wrath is my favorit character! Write more please! I'm gonna die if you don't! I'm adding you to my fav stories and authors list! Update sone I beg you!
azngirlLH chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
This is a very interesting pairing. Usually, I pair Winry up with someone else and as for Wrath . . . well, he's just to creepy for me to pair him up with anyone. o.o

But that one episode that had Wrath and Winry in it, I see why not to pair them up. :)
Niku chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Good Chap
Nelja chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
The idea of the pairing is interesting.

I can't help wondering when Wrath became so... I don't know, he's quite polite to strangers, he isn't shouting at everyone, he even has human friends. It's strange. It's strange too to have him calling Winry "Woman", but maybe because in my head he's still a child. Will he keep growing after coming in FMA world, or is it only when he's on the other side of the gate? Or was it the consequence of his powers of altering his own body? I don't know.

Fot Wrath's "friends", Lina and Clara, they are too much developed, or not enough (if they won't appear again). If you want to show us how he could have human relations, I want more! (I think I'll have, but even in this chapter it would have been nice. It's not evident at all that he can).

But still, the story is nice too read, Winry is vey much in character, and I like the idea a lot!

Will we see Izumi-san and Al? Will you talk about Sloth and the others (for Wrath) and Ed (for Winry?) Or is this fic only about these two?