Reviews for The Things We've Handed Down
123456789012345678901234567890 chapter 2 . 1/29/2005
OMG. This story is so well-written! The way you describe the scene with such flow is amazing. And your characterizations of especially Jack and Sam are fantastic and realistic. More J/S! You have 11 reviews with 2 chapters; a very good sign. Keep going!
Mariel3 chapter 2 . 1/29/2005
A good second chapter! You've created a wonderfully believable OC, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds. The J/S interaction was nicely done. A beta would help with some of the finer points, but whether or not you should get one depends upon how 'correct' you want your writing to be. In regard to your A/N, I tried emailing you, but you don't have an addy posted, so I'll keep it very brief - pacing depends a lot on the total length of what you're writing. Scene setting and character time depend on the value they give to the particular moment and how well it blends into the general pacing of the story. I'd give examples from this chapter, but it would make this too long for a review! Anyways, I enjoyed the chapter - please keep writing!
makemyday chapter 2 . 1/28/2005
I think the story is flowing really well. I sympathize with you about the second chapter thing. I've recently done my first story & struggled with the second part, so I know how you feel. You're doing fine!
Kookee chapter 2 . 1/28/2005
Thanks for updating so quick. Another great chapter! I think thast your pacing for this chapter was fine, you've started off quite slow as we meet the characters and are introduced to the case, just like they do on the show. Once the story gets going you can pick up the pace a bit more.

I loved jack looking around the office while Sam tries to get into the secetary's head, very realistic. I really like the way Sam and Jack are with each other.

Please continue, I cant wait for more!
malinche chapter 2 . 1/28/2005
don't have enough time to leave a long and detailed review but... awesome chapter once again! Keep on!

J/S interraction is subtle and moving at the same time and the plot seems to be very interesting.
everydaymushroomhead chapter 2 . 1/28/2005
I love this story...I am a big J/S fan, please make them a couple. I think both of them deserve to be happy. Btw, how long is this story going to be?
Millie chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
I'm looking foward to seeing where you go with this. Great start!
makemyday chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Great start, looking forward to more!
DianeM chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
I really like the way this has begun, especially the J/S interaction. CO, this is well written, and I'm anxious for the next chapter.
Alya chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Well written, very nice to read. Comfortable and ye gives a little stirr so one would really look fwd to see what's coming. Good work. Now more pls :D
malinche chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Very very good start!

Your characterization is brillant and I really like your description of Jack's inner thoughts... especially : "sure, I love being in a room full of lawyers...". It's well written, there's dynamism (Danny/Sam exchange), in a nutshell, I hope you'll add another part soon!
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Okay, I'll admit it: you had me from the first three paragraphs. You really know how to set a scene! I enjoyed the dialogue between the characters - it flowed smoothly and naturally. Also enjoyed the insights you gave into each of them. I am SO looking forward to reading more of this story! Thank you for posting!
Kookee chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Good Start! Case file seems interesting and you haven't given too much away at the start. Great characterisation so far, you've really hit the nail on the head with banter between the agents.

I look forward to reading more, please, please continue!
118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8