Reviews for Inversion: Hours in Darkness
Sanchica chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
The perfect complement for your ‘Darkest hours’. Even though this story never happened in your author’s universe, still is very intriguing to wonder what happened with Eric afterwards, if he surrendered to evil and what happened when he got the chance to face Hank. After all, Eric had his own inner voice too, although in his case it would have been guided by a valid reason.

And you are very right, there’s something about Eric being whipped that is as irresistible as chocolate.
Bluetiger chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I love the sympathetic way you have written Venger, my heart bleeds for poor Eric, and I even felt sorry for that poor Orc Captain o_O.

I am seriously impressed. :)
PriestessHelene chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
This is very nice. How you really got the charaters to reflect one another was very good. I might even imagine somehow they could actually respect one another their own personal code of honor.
kaurseeker chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
You are indeed a Mistress of Darkness! A very chilling and dark insight into Venger's mind; he knows how to break a man good. I should very much have liked to read an epic continuation fic with Eric turned to the Dark Side ;) Poor Eric though, what has he done to deserve such treatment ;)
D.B. Cooper chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
I just want you to know that this is without a doubt the darkest Dungeons & Dragons stories ever. After all there is good and evil in all of us. Who knows what different paths fate could led any of us to?
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Brillant. Just brillant. Over all a good look at Venger's messed up mental state. Along with Eric being shown as someone with a heart, in a really crapy situation.
Ersatz chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
'There was no satisfaction in keeping a prisoner who wanted to be kept.' - love this line. It's so very Venger.

It would be a fib to say I enjoyed this - it was a pretty uncomfortable read. But I admired it. Very much.

You have a genuine flair for the sinister. I could clearly 'see' Eric's suffering (much as I didn't want to!).

All in all a very good one-shot, and deserving of many fish.
Carrie Chester chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Hi, sealgirl. (No, you don't know me). I haven't reviewed each and every one of your fics (yet) but this one is one of those rare fics that made me think harder than usual, and it sorely deserves reviewing.

I don't know if you did this intentionally or not, but the feeling I got from Venger the whole way through was abject jealousy. He's watching Eric and you've made it clear that Venger is very conscious of not being mortal anymore – I couldn't help but think that his desire to hurt these kids is all about that jealousy. After all, they're now Dungeon Master's 'pets', a place Venger must have held at one time. And they're mortal, and innocent, and basically embody everything he doesn't think he can be again.

In short, if you made me think that hard, you're brilliant. If anything, this overtook the 'Darkest Hours' fic it sprang from, for me – maybe it's something about an adult rating allowing for greater subtlety, which you've definitely used to its fullest potential.
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
I found this on one of my periodic scans for good Orc fanfiction. Most, obviously, I find in the LOTR and Silmarillion sections, but this time I went astray. I never watched the "Dungeons and Dragons" series, but I must say your stories have gotten me interested. Have done a little searching on Google and now have faces to put to Eric and to Venger. Anyway, as I said, I am unfamiliar with the original series but your writing in this story is good and is particularly strong for the character of Venger: he seems a true Dark Lord, not so unrestrainedly sadistic as to become laughable, but a serious force with which to reckon. The title "Inversion" is also an excellent choice, with the right degree of creepy for the subject matter.
Mistress Scribbles chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
I have made my feelings about this story very clear to you in the past, but having re-read it, I feel I should put them in review.

Madam, I know not what sort of sick and twisted mind could come up with this sort of thing, but I know that I love it! Like the way you created a sexual undertone to the violence without going OTT with it. Good Orcs, too. Nothing as scary as that sort of barely organised brutality. Carry on!
Rana Kane chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Oh, this is awesome! Five stars! Venger was excellent! I could picture what he was thinking in his expressions, his nuances. Delectable. You rule! I feel so evil inside, and I like it.