Reviews for Circular Reasoning
Jaycie Victory chapter 4 . 8/16/2014
"As always when someone proved their own intelligence at the expense of her own, Rory had fallen hard for him within days."

Such a great description, and so true of Rory.

Dean asked her to go with him.

She froze when he asked. "As friends?"

"No." And his heart, wholly broken, wholly hers, was in his voice.

"Turning right. All it really does is lead you round and round in circles. You end up back exactly where you started. Luckily, for once, that's where I want to be."

Fantastic phrasing, and a great precis of the Jess/Rory dynamic and why it pretty much sucked.

"I didn't understand then – how could I? – that sometimes you don't have to experiment, sometimes you get lucky enough to find the real thing the first time around. You're it, Dean. You always have been. You're the one I want."

Just beautiful.

This brought me some wonderful closure. I never got the appeal of Jess/Rory. I thought he was an arrogant, ungrateful little oik and although had much improved the last time we saw him, it was too little, too late for me. Not to mention in that last encounter they tried to present him as someone who really knew her (which granted he fulfilled better than Logan) but that role was Dean's, not Jess's. Jess continually got it wrong - put pressure on her, abandoned her, expected her to come running when he changed his mind... Which brings me to my second head-scratcher: why seemingly most watchers didn't want her with Dean. I am continually surprised by how many people, with whom I share taste in pairings, like Jess and think Dean is boring. Dean was so good to her, for so long... And she was too young and inexperienced to see that. Love the idea of her coming full-circle, seeing things clearly finally- and coming home.

This was very satisfying to read! Thank you.

PS I love the fact they both got out of Stars Hollow - but it was Rory who followed Dean :D
Jaycie Victory chapter 3 . 8/16/2014
Love this! Rory taking responsibility for her actions and *someone* defending Dean who was several times declared not good enough for Rory when he was most of the time so good to her. And much as I love Luke, his vocal dislike of Dean was galling, even more so considering how abominably Jess treated her at points, which he was eager to let slide. And nice to see Rory acknowledging her own spoiled selfishness. I'm not sure whether she really had that in her - but a Rory who's seen the harshness and cruelty of the world... Yeah, maybe.
lalelukind chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
I found and read this story a while ago, but now that I finally have the guts to review, I had to come back...

I liked this story so much, I always have been a huge Dean/Rory-Fan!

Thank you!
Through Darkness chapter 4 . 1/18/2009
This story is so beautifully written and so ingenius. I love Rory's realizations and the way she says she hurt her head when she was sixteen but she's alright now was totally genius and so gorgeous.

This fic is wonderful and heart warming and what every Narco girl needs. _

Through Darkness and Light /x\
Robyn chapter 4 . 8/25/2007
This has to be one of the best Gilmore stories I've ever read. Seriously amazing!
BuffynAngel4ever chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Oh this was wonderful! I absolutely loved it. All the characters were so beautifully written. It's exactly how I've always imagined their future to be - once they'd both had the chance to see the world and grow up. I'd love to read more from you.

beccayrose12 chapter 2 . 5/17/2007
i love it
CarolinaH.Manning chapter 4 . 3/20/2007
this was beyond beautiful. the 3rd almost made me cry. thank you for the story :)
Dair chapter 4 . 1/9/2007
This is absolutely beautiful! The characters sound very real, even more real than the show at some points! I wish there was more!

But thanks so much for this!
Maygin chapter 4 . 5/8/2006
Okay, I know I'm a little late in reveiwing this since this story has been out for a while, but I simply HAD to reveiw! This has been one of my favorite stories in the GG world. Rory and Dean are my absolute favorite pairing, and I think you did them justice by your story here! Seriously. The character introspection I thought was so realistic and beautiful in it's finality. I was almost sad to see it end, but I wasn't... because how can anyone be sad at that ending? Thank you thank you thank you in all sincerity for writing this! By the way, if you know of anymore really good Rory/Dean stories out there, and you've got a second, please email me and let me know! Thank you again for posting this jewel :)
caribou chapter 1 . 3/21/2006

Austin chapter 4 . 1/18/2006
This is probably the 5th time I've read this story and I still love it! I still laugh (Lorelai's outgoing message on the machine, Rory's "Blasphemy thy name is Lorelai.") You are an amazing writer and I would love to see more from you.
Modern-Insomniac1138 chapter 4 . 12/29/2005
Hi, I know that it's kind of late for reviews since you posted this story almost a year ago, but I couldn't resisit! This was an awesome story! You're a great writer! :) I hope to read more of your work soon.

Austin chapter 4 . 11/7/2005
Oh my God! Only the best fanfic I have ever read, for anything! Not only did you write pretty much the greatest Narco story ever, but you are also an amazing writer. You are the only author I have ever felt accurately depicted every character you included. The dialogue between Lorelai and Rory, between Rory and Dean, Rory's introspection, and Luke's grumpy demeanor were all executed flawlessly. Apart from the Gilmore Girls aspect of it, I also have to again praise you as an author. You developed the characters perfectly and used som of the best description I have ever seen. Excellent. 5 Stars.
Rory Forrester chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
hey, this was a completely fabulous story! i thought you did a great job at this. All of the characters really seemed to 'fit', which is so rare to find. plus, it was narco.

thanks for a great fic!

p.s. any chance of a sequel?