Reviews for Afterglow
Mi chapter 4 . 9/13/2009
Aw, come on...

You're, like, haunting my days and nights! I can't have a week without saying to myself :"Aw, gawd, she may have updated and I can't reach a computer right now, whattodowhattodo!"! I'm pissy with everyone because of YOU! I reread Jingo (more like rererere..., but well) and I subconsciously recreated Ahmed's point of view on EVERY SINGLE interaction(two times), dammit!

My obsession is as much my crazy brain's baby as your story's!
Zolarix Aster chapter 4 . 9/6/2008
Dang it. I read this, then realized it hasn't been updated for three years. Oh well.

Nice story. Please update! Please!
Mornwey chapter 4 . 5/20/2006
Thanks for telling ema bout this - I wouls have missed it. Well up to your usual high standards, honey :)
BrokenMatchstick chapter 4 . 5/19/2006
More! More! More!

Hear that? That's your public wanting more. So you see, you really have no choice but to wrtie more, because if you don't, I fear they shall riot or something equally uncivilised, and due to their mindless rampage, the army will think they are a hord of zombies, and will flush them out with their nuclear weapons, and another country will detect this and think a war has started, and they've just been left out, so they bomb the crap out of some other country, and in all the confusion, no one's quite sure who's bombing who, and it all ends in the destruction of the world!

Is that what you want? I don't think it is.

So, obviously, my point is, finish this story.
LandUnderWave chapter 4 . 4/14/2006
Hm... oh yeah. WRITE!

You gave up terry pratchett for lent? Ah, the joys of being agnostic...
Rack chapter 4 . 7/8/2005
Groovy pumpkins! This is a very good story. Your narrative is smooth, the plots are clever, and your writing style in itself in reminicent of Pratchett. Well done, good job, and keep it up.

Oh - and I hope Vetinari finds happiness. Bless him.
lavondyss21 chapter 4 . 4/5/2005
*Sigh* Cliffie...AGAIN! Come on, dont be mean...

*tries bribery* If you update soon without another evil cliffie, Ill give you a cookie!

*hmm, not working...resigns to bribery mixed with violence and throws the cookie at the authors head! The cookie makes wonderfull spins and turns and completely misses the intended, we wouldnt want the author hurt, afterall she must update soon!* ;)

PS: more Vetinary please?
Winter-Eyes chapter 4 . 4/3/2005
Not Your Average murderer...wonder what that is hinting at, not a distinguished author's screen-name by any chance! Am very impressed with this chapter pipshkin, especially love Judith and her lioness lips(is that through plastic surgery i wonder?)and i see you too have found the joy of writing in igor phoneticths. one thing though...i doubt even a palace guard would be stupid enough to call Angua 'the wolf' in her hearing, especially after just p*ssing off Vimes. really loving judith though...i sense a sum of combined bitterness and rage. write more!
lavondyss21 chapter 3 . 3/29/2005
"He would have been comforted to know that the patrician did care,..., that had not been lost on someone who even now journeyed towards the great sprawling city..." And here it comes! I hope youll update soon, this is evil you know, evil I say! ;)
Winter-Eyes chapter 3 . 3/28/2005

don't worry, if i'm speechless it is only with wonder and laughter...ah the warm seas of hilarity! this was as funny as over the phone, and the bit 'The house oozed money and status. And blood.' was so PERFECT. it was pur pterry, yet far better (not that i'm babbling or anything). who is that dark scary figure? will drumknott's mother ever meet his 'girlfriend'? and will you ever unbarr your damn door to me?

All this and more, next time on Afterglow!

p.s. i'm serious about the door its getting cold.
lavondyss21 chapter 2 . 3/22/2005
You have given up chocolate? Wow! See ya on Easter Sunday...*runs off for more chocolate* ;)
Erin McClanahan chapter 1 . 3/12/2005

I'm very intrested to see where this goes, you do plan to continue yes? I look forward to it, oh you *are* going to explain why Sam and Sybil aren't together anymore right? That's the problem with Sybil she's just such a great character that you hate to do anything mean to her and thus it makes it so hard to find a good reason to have had Sam leave. better you than me, but i like 71-hr Ahmed, you're doing a nice job with that. Your Vetinari is a little too emtional for my tastes but hey s'your fic. (and i'm speak of the Vetinari in Vainglorious i asume he might be a bit more tame in the coming stories. You might want to flesh out your chapters, they're a bit short and thus don't give the reader a lot to sink his or her teeth into. Just a suggestion. Again, looking forward to the coninutation.

lavondyss21 chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
Hi! Im glad theres a sequel to Vainglorious. I felt it needed a little bit more of something. I cant wait to see what happens next! :)
H-Rose chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Yeah please continue with this it's real good so far. Vimes, Vimes, Happy, happy! Oh and There was that time near the end of Nightwatch when Vimes was running around starkers. *Happy glow* Just thought I'd share that thought! _
sunny-historian chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Whutwhutwhutwhutwhut? Cool! Carry on please! please!