Reviews for Bitter End
BabyCharmander chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
A friend of mine had this fic in her recommendations and since I'm new to IZ stuff I figured if I wanted to read the fanfiction, the rec list was a good place to start... and boy was it ever.

Oh my goodness, yes, I did think it was Dib the whole time. I could see him sorta descending into an awful obsessiveness that way, but it still felt off-just how sadistic he was, since I noted how he wasn't quite so sadistic as the series went on... I was wondering why he had gotten like that again, and then I saw "Congratulations, Dib" and yelled "WHAT" and had to scroll back up and re-read parts.

WOW I did not see that plot twist coming. Oh my goodness. Yet the very end-I didn't see that coming either, with its ending in a stalemate. I was fully expecting the narrator to kill the other one and it ends in a stalemate... and I feel bad for the both of them.

I... wow. I really dunno what else I can say to this. The use of first person worked perfectly and you wrote it cleverly enough for the plot twist to work. I understand this is an older fic, but it's still excellent. Awesome work.
Flurrin chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
I remember this fic...came across on tv tropes it a long time ago, before I had an account here. It blew my mind then and it still amazes me now.
chocolvr260 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Oh. My. God.
That was fantastic!
gameloverx chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Wow wow wait... ya mean it was all ZIM'S POV? Did not expect that... i think i should go read it again now.
chrissytutu chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Wow, just... wow. I can't even put this in words. I'll try though;
When I found out ZIM was the narrator, I CHOKED a little. I can see Zim stuck in there, with nothing but his thoughts, but DIB... crazy stuff. Good job.
Brianna16 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This is so hopeless for both Zim and Dib. He can't even put him out of his misery.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Sad, frightening, and yet, mesmerizing at the same time. Could not tear My eyes away, even as the last lines broke My heart. Your a great writer.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
That. Was awesome.

Yeah, you caught me too. I thought Dib was the narrator at first, and saw little inconsistencies for his character, but thought that could be excused by the experience of a war, trying to fit in with somewhat inhuman human scientists etc...

It just goes to show how much they're alike in a number of ways...
epoose chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
omfg this is really really awesome

and i think that it could work as both zim or dib being the narrator

i mean like at first i read it as dib then i saw that it was supposed to be zim and then i read it again and it still felt very in character
GABRIEL96 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Oh my God that was so well written! I sat through the whole thing going poor Zim trapped like that! The only point I ever even thought something was wrong was when they Irkens were loosing the war I didn't know how that could happen.

Then at the end I was amazed!

Wondeful story even if it is very sad!
avatarjk137 chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Brilliant story! (If you're getting a lot of reviews suddenly, a webcomic artist just recommended this fic on tumblr, btw.)
Cinnamon Ninja chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
This is really crazy good. I swear I read this three times in order to get my head around the clever ending. XD

Your writing is really powerful, and it conjured the images in my brain really well. You've captured the relationship between Zim and Dib perfectly, in my opinion. The hatred's so strong it's almost like love, but twisted.

Amazing work!
Karg42 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Me being the paranoid bastard that I am, I noticed that you gave no names and didn't say who the aliens were. I wasn't sure if you were trying to make it look "Zim-no-wait-Dib" or "Dib-no-wait-Zim" until the end. Which I had to re-read twice to make sure I knew what really happened. All in all, well played.
Haku1013 chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
Nice. Very nice. 10/10 in my opinion.

And you're right, I did think Dib was the narrator, though I doubted it a few times, I accepted the fact that Dib may have won. But we all know that would never happen.
MonPetitLoupDeMort chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Far too many years of fanfic reading/writing has left me suspicious when fics use only pronouns in highly mirrorable situations. However, I liked wondering all the way through who was the narrator, trying to pick the tiny details like 'red scars' and such to determine.

Even having seen that twist coming, the ending was still an absolute kick in the gut, the far stronger twist in my opinion. The entire buildup made it only the more forceful in the end. I guess I'm trying to say thank you for making me hurt in all the right ways.