Reviews for The Introduction
bubblygoo chapter 2 . 4/1/2006
I loved it. I'm glad this will turn out KK though.
poisonpeachpop chapter 2 . 3/21/2006
Im in love with your writing and ideas. Great start. I really hope youll update this one too -
openwindow chapter 2 . 3/17/2006
SO ADDING THIS TO MY FAVS!
Anonymous but very interested chapter 2 . 10/3/2005
Hi! I've been reviewing a few of your other stories, too! _ Please update this one soon! It looks like it's going to turn out to be a fantastic story. Truly. Right now, you've sort of got us on a cliffhanger...and it sounds like it'll be important later on in the story.

But please don't make Kaoru suffer too much! Or Kenshin, if he suffers at all, which I'm thinking he probably will, over his decisions, that is. Or Tomoe, if she suffers later on.

Thank you!

Good luck!

_
Conscience Fairy chapter 2 . 5/14/2005
Please update, I want to find out what happens during the visit. I like what you've done so fa.r
Super Sheba chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Alright! Hello! I read this through this chapter and am enjoying it so far. I like the watch idea. most people would have her get a necklace, a ring, ro a bracelet. The pocket watch idea is very unique. Congratulations for that. I like Kenshin, but I also feel like his softer side is missing. I assume this is because he seems to have difficulty acting that way in front of Kaoru?

Good job,

SS
Axel chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Shine? Distress? Two totally different things. KK all the way before I go to the next chapter. Is Kenshin really in love with Tomoe? Engagement with Tomoe. Kaoru with the revenge. Nice 1st chapter.
Kaoru chapter 2 . 3/7/2005
I very much like Tomoe but it will tear me apart when I read how Kenshin falls for Tomoe and read about how Kaoru is in total devastation. Will Akira be in this story as well? The Akira that was fiancee to Tomoe in the OVA. I bet that everyone of Kaoru's friends will be awe struck at how beautiful Tomoe is hehe. It's your story anyway. I like it so far. So please don't leave me hanging to long. Clearly I want to see how Kaoru gets her revenge. And will she still keep Kenshin's watch when he falls in love with Tomoe? *sigh* I'm a total KK fan...all the way.
albaloo chapter 2 . 3/3/2005
wonderful chapter! the present part was so touching! please update soon!
blue faery chapter 2 . 2/12/2005
i like this fic! it's different than cherry blossom dream, but it's good in it's own way! please update! (is this gonna be another drama one? or more on the humor side? either one is cool!)
erica6060 chapter 2 . 2/7/2005
wow nice story and poor kaoru having to live in tomoe's shadow cant wait for more
Shinta-FAn chapter 2 . 2/6/2005
hi! dat was great! update soon!
Summer Cadence chapter 2 . 2/6/2005
From a shameless Kenshin/Kaoru author and Tomoe fan-

This is a very sweet story. It has beauty in all its simplicity, and you portray Kaoru's awkwardness of being in the presence of both Kenshin and Tomoe concisely, yet in a way that the reader sympathizes with Kaoru.

I myself know what it's like to be both in the shadow of another and the one casting the shadow: for this reason, I congratulate you for portraying both. Most people see Tomoe as a heartless wench that they love to castrate, but really, I believe Watsuki-san created Tomoe for a reason: Kaoru.(Oh, and also for being sensitive to Tomoe-not discarding her at the end. I really do appreciate authors like that.)

This reminds me of Katherine Paterson's 'Jacob Have I Loved'-a wonderful story, but at the same time, yours has a gentle essence of its own. I half-wonder if this was inspired by Ashlee Simpson ::laughs::, but all the same, this is a wonderful piece you have here. Very rarely do authors have so gentle a voice-so real.

In response to your lovely review, as flattered as I am, this is not my first time writing. I have another account on (penname: winter . acacia)-and I just wanted to try something new under this penname, for the stories that are, in my mind, far more shallow.

But, truly, I am flattered by such a complimenting review. I'd no idea people would actually talk about me, and care if I write! All the same, though, I still have a long way to go. And, now that I know that someone actually cares about Paint it Black, I probably am obliged to update. x-x

Perhaps we could talk online sometime? I certainly wouldn't mind meeting a fellow author. AIM screenname: winteracacia14

Enough rambling about me. I eagerly await an update from you. _
Rekka's Angel chapter 2 . 2/4/2005
Awesome beginning. I can't wait to read more. I hope things go well for poor Kaoru. Now I don't dislike Tomoe, but she better not screw things up for Kaoru. But then again isn't that what the story is. _ I look forward to the next chapter!
kitsune chapter 2 . 2/4/2005
I saw your answer and I want to tell you in the first place a big thanx for updating so soon,second I love the triangle KKT and Tomoe is good too(but I love Kao-chan more)and in the third place I'm sure inspiration will come soon for "May you never".Good luck with these two!