Reviews for Feverdream
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
A great story. Very well written.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
I don't have quite the intellect to write the review this deserves, but it's too good to pass over without saying something. The style works perfectly to capture the feverish effect, and these images - well, it's one thing to have powerful images in a fanfic and it's something else when they tie seamlessly into canon. Remarkable. Just don't ask me to analyze; it's a bit overwhelming, and I don't know what to add to the things other people have brought up.
Otto's Goat -who should by the way log in but is too lazy chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Dreams are such naked, revealing things, aren't they?

Really, I don't know what to say about this, it seems there's too much in each line and word- I mean, that is, I can't just say "that's a wonderful line," because frankly, each time I re-read it I think I've found another meaning.

And I do love how you've used the wave; or water, in general. Finduilas' connection with water comes to mind, along with Boromir's 'burial' within the Anduin, and then Numenor, of course.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Heh. It's interesting how the story seems to form into something a little closer to 'normal' sentences at the end, reflecting the return of Faramir's ability to form complete thoughts as the fever breaks - a very nice, subtle touch.

I like his (first?) dream of Numenor. The passage makes Finduilas seem like Tar-Miriel, both devoured by the sea - I'd never thought about the psychology behind Faramir's recurring dreams that way before. Thanks for consistently opening up new interpretations for little details in Tolkien for me.
Eruannath chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
This is really interesting. I fear that it is a little hard to read, but once you get the structure of the writing, you can understand what's going on.

I especially like the final part. When he starts drinking the wave instead and he becomes fire. Those are very powerful lines and somehow reflect what is going to happen to him during the War of the Ring. Maybe him driking the water can be interpreted as him standing firm and "drinking" all the evil that comes his way when he faces the Ring and his father. And the the feverdream can also be a foredream of his wounding by the black breath of the Ringwraith. Very VERY interesting. I shall read it one more time :) Oh! And thank you so much for your kind review on my last poem. The muse decided to come back for a while. I'll make her stay now. Maybe lure her with some cookies :P
Patty chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
This is rather difficult to read but overall, I find the format quite effective for the context of the story.

Is it a stand alone, or will you continue the story?
KERNTKitty chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
I felt like reviewing because you don't have any reviews yet. I think this is very confusing and hard to read, but that does make for a convincing 'nightmare' effect. Any effort to make it a bit more clear might help the overall look.