Reviews for The Sky is Falling
CircleSky chapter 3 . 10/27/2012
i really admire your writing. i love this story. i hope you come back to it someday.
cmtaylor531 chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
aw im sad you never wrote more for this story. I liked it alot and i wanted to see when Ror would ahve the balls to ditch dean!
efka chapter 3 . 8/2/2006
I dont like Rory hanging out with Dean...again, but this s tory is really good! Believe me! you should continue!
cmtaylor531 chapter 3 . 5/18/2006
Blah Dean but i do love the whole sneaking around with Jess thing. Keep up your wrok!
Jane Jaded chapter 3 . 4/1/2006
this is like...good. heh. :).
lltn chapter 3 . 3/15/2006
amazing as usual )
ntuhri chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
loved the story. you're just amazing.
mrs.patrickdrake chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
someone5 chapter 3 . 7/3/2005
So, it's late and I was bored and needin' some Lit goodness; and let me tell you, when anyone needs Lit goodness, they immediately got to the awe-inspiring profile of here I am :)

After browsing for a bit, I came across this and re-read it, subsequently re-falling in love with it.

Alas, here is my plea for you to add something - anything! - to this fic (yeah, I'm one to talk...been, uh, a good six months since I updated anything...oops).

Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know that I remember this! As do others, I'm sure. 68 reviews for three chapters don't lie! (that's 22.6 reviews per chapter, dear. and no, I didn't do that in my's late, remember! not that a calculator wouldn't have been necessary anyway, but that's beside the point...)

Sorry for bugging you...just wanted to drop you a line. Love your stuff!

betweenthetwo chapter 3 . 5/21/2005
I have to say- I love absolutely everything I have read by you (I've only read your Lit stuff). You're damn good at creating an atmosphere, and articulating emotion.

Any chance you could finish this one?
valmontmerteuil chapter 3 . 5/12/2005
huh... i like it... its different...
music4mysoul chapter 3 . 4/1/2005
Please update!
life is elsewhere chapter 3 . 2/25/2005
Tres Tres Bon! I love this story, keep it going.
Spikeluver chapter 3 . 2/16/2005
Cool fic so far I love Jess! Please continue!
Missez Ventimiglia chapter 3 . 2/7/2005
It feels like summer again, with all of your updates. Yay for February that feels like summer.

"She wondered how long the feeling would last." This makes me sad, that she considers it to be only a matter of time before she is once again stressed or anxious.

"She wanted her writing to be more than presentable – she wanted it to be thought provoking and awe-inspiring; something worth reading." I love that she has these high ambitions, and if you share her goals, I think your writing is all three.

"A part of her wondered if she was purposely sabotaging herself; not allowing the time to try harder. She couldn’t fail if she didn’t have the chance." See, this is an example of what I just wrote. You know even her subconscious fears, and you articulate them so well. She's afraid to tarnish her perfect record (in school, anyway), and this fear prevents her from trying harder things that might well be worth the risk.

"The night had been awkward and painful, but it had gotten them where they are now, and that was what counted." I like that they're attempting to move past the pain, and back into friendship. I love the whole idea of second chances.

"She wasn’t sure why exactly, but she wanted him to be a part of it." I love this. Rory can't express why, but she wants him to know her new home (Yale) just like he knew her old home (because she wants him to feel "at home"? heh)

"“I don’t think I ever walked this much in New York. And I lived there for seventeen years.”" I love Jess's emphasis on the last two words to better serve his point.

"She didn’t know the meaning of a direct route, but instead dragged him places as they occurred to her." This applies to her relationships, as well. She has trouble directly stating things, so she hides them in rambles, or expresses them through glances.

"He thought maybe he was envious. Not of college but of the idea; the path. She had something. What did he have?" I love that Jess recognizes that he wants "something" - some future goal to aspire to, not college, but just something solid to look forward to. He realizes he's lacking, which shows how much he's matured.

"She seemed rather oblivious to how close she was standing, but he was all too aware." For some reason, I think she's just as aware.

"His voice sounded normal, but his fingertips burned with wonder." I've never heard those last four words matched together before, but they sound so right, they gave me this incredibly clear image and I saw the scene. I'm not getting over that phrase, it's so beautiful. I love that you incorporate imagery of all the senses.

"“She would ask too many questions,” Rory rationalized." Good choice of verb, it's an apt description of what Rory often tries to do.

"She didn’t want him to be a secret. He was the one who asked her not to say anything after he moved back. This was all his doing." I like how she's trying to justify it to herself and place the blame for secrecy on him, although she has her own reasons for keeping his presence unknown.

"“I love how you’re convinced that you have this inability to maintain a healthy relationship with anyone. The world will not end if you talk to Luke.”" I love these lines and I hope they struck some sort of chord with Jess, because it's all true.

"He stared down at her hand as they walked, wondering if they had finally crossed into some semblance of normalcy where touching didn’t have to hurt." I really love the subtle ways you show how much he cared about her.

"Too much time apart cleared her head and allowed her to think reasonably. Without him, it was easy to spot the flaws, the holes in logic. Sometimes it was heartbreakingly clear how wrong they were for each other." I like how you signify that Rory's relationship with Dean is unreasonable, that they aren't right for each other, but there's still something that attracts her.

I love how you're following the timeline of actual season five, and how thoughtfully you've written this (ie. all the details about Yale). As with all your work, you prove the power of creativity.