Reviews for Fraternité
Ms. Myth chapter 42 . 2/18
There are too many things about this story that I love. The way you seamlessly blend elements of Leroux and Kay into a mostly ALW framework. The tight plot, the suspense, and the plot twists. The stunning descriptions of the locales the characters visit. The character development and individual personalities for each character, even the OCs. Christine is the protagonist, and the one who undergoes the most change. The greatest moment is her masterstroke in tricking the trap-door lover to the altar. This is wonderfully crafted, with an extremely satisfying ending. I was almost reluctant to read the final chapter because I enjoyed reading it so much.
guiltypleasureffnet chapter 42 . 1/11
i read your story in two days, staying up much later than I should have considering the disturb sleep I have had thanks to a cranky 3 year old. At times I laughed and at times I cried. Thank you for your wonderful story and wiriting. I shall read your others and those you recommend. Thank you again.
Merra Dawson chapter 42 . 11/29/2019
My God this story is breathtaking! I really do hope you still read reviews on your story even though it has been finished for a while. I am in awe of how everything happened in this story. I truly believe you captured Erik and Christine 's characters, and i was on the literal edge of my seat reading the whole thing. I started it yesterday afternoon and couldn't put it down until i finished it today. This fanfiction is a whole new level od storytelling. The adventure and mystery and thrill was insane! There were multiple pages that i screenshotted just so i could read them and reread them over and over because they were so well crafted they made me actually feel what the characters were feeling and you dont often get that in a fanfic. Very good job,
3 your new phan, merra
Phachel chapter 42 . 8/1/2019
Such a beautiful, amazing, interesting story, I'm so glad I read it, I think so far this is one of my favourites, facts and the research made it even better, you can't miss this! it's full of drama, action and love, wonderfully written 3
donkat00 chapter 1 . 2/9/2019
I love your story,maybe it will become my favourite POTO fan novel! Your story is Not only about the love of EC, but aslo has adventure and suspense(I feel that I was palying the games: a series of Assassin's Creed) . ONLY one thing, it' s difficult for me to unterstand the words which is not in english, because englinsh is not my native language.
ispaceyou chapter 1 . 11/27/2018
This is the first time I have read this fanfic! The way you wrote the characters and created the environments they were in was phenomenal! This is probably one of my favorite fan fictions ever, and I've read tons in so many different categories! I know it's been over 12 years since you wrote this but the quality of writing in this story is amazing! I absolutely loved all the character development and twists and turns.
booknerdphan234 chapter 40 . 8/2/2018
Ugh! I loved this story! It has been AMAZING!
16pennies chapter 42 . 6/18/2018
I didn't check the word count before I started reading (oops) and ended up spending nearly 3 days doing nothing but consuming this story. The amount of research which clearly went into this work is staggering. You allowed the story to take on such a rich complexity which not only made it more arresting (and educational!) but showed a respect for the source material and the universe you're exploring. I loved witnessing Christine's maturation and Erik's simultaneous redemption and found it very interesting that rather than having her drag him into the light, they met each other somewhere in the middle. Finally, they are ready for each other. (I may have cried a little at the end.) Of course your writing style is very elegant and witty and I can't thank you enough for giving us this masterpiece! I'll be sure to check out your other recommendations as well :)
CK chapter 42 . 4/3/2018
My clumsy fingers accidentally hit post..

I love everything about this fic - the dramatic, ambitious sweep of the plot, the use of locations such as Jerusalem and Istanbul and the marvelously atmospheric way you bring these places to life (your readers might as well be watching a movie), the level of detail you have taken in everything from the research to the names of your characters (which all sound believable and well named), the characterisation of Erik (a beautiful blend of all the best bits of the various versions), the characterisation of Christine (how she grows! How I adore your Christine!), your wonderful original characters, the dialogue, the scenes of Erik and Christine in Jerusalem,... I do not have enough words of praise for this story. Thank you for this gift!
CK chapter 42 . 4/3/2018
I first read this story when you were first writing it, back in 2005-2006. Over the years, I returned to read it a second time, and I have just finished rereading it for a third time. I feel compelled to let you know that this story is truly a masterpiece; it has stuck in my brain for over 10 years and I regard it as THE sequel to POTO.

I love everything about this fic - the dramatic, ambitious sweep of the plot, the use of such atmispjerix
Capenoires chapter 42 . 3/30/2018
This is my favorite phanfic story of all time, and you write so beautifully it's more like reading a professional novel. Even though this is the 3rd time reading, I'm sad the journey has come to an end (I've had to pace myself to 1-2/chapters a day to savor it!). I love your characterization of a bitter Erik and a mature and motherly Christine. You add a depth to their relationship which is lacking in the original novel and Kay's book. Their dialogue and exchanges are such a pleasure to read. Your original characters of Papi, Norri, Jean Paul, and M David are so believable. The description of locations such as Jerusalem or the Rumeli Hisari are very atmospheric. I hope you write another phanfic in the future. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. )
phantom-jedi1 chapter 42 . 12/2/2017
I just discovered your story, thanks to MadLizzy's favorites list, and I'm quite sorry I didn't find it sooner! This is quite lovely and a worthy addition to my collection of favorite stories. Thank you for writing and sharing!
NA chapter 42 . 9/6/2017
Hi there. I realize this story is pretty old, so the review may be a little late. However, the story was so good that I felt the need to write a note to you. I haven't read a POTO fanfic in forever, but I was in the mood for one and I remembered reading this story when I was younger. I know I really enjoyed it then-that's why I remembered it-so I figured I'd read it again. The majority of the plot was foggy in my memory, so it was still a fun ride to read it a second time. Honestly, I was amazed by how detailed and intricate the plot was. Also, there was a lot of character development and a lot of evolution that happened in a slow, believable pace. Your writing is detailed and thoughtful, describing a variety of people, places, occupations, and art-forms in really informative ways. You clearly put a lot of time, effort, and research into this story. I guess I just wanted to let you know that I really loved it.
BurnThoseEyesBlue chapter 1 . 8/8/2017
WOW! This is one of the most well-Researched, well thought out stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I binged it all in a matter of hours, because it was simply remarkable and I couldn't put it down. I really loved how Phillippe got a redemption arc of sorts, and in the epilogue how Jean-Paul was the one to buy the monkey and the chandelier. Characterization was spot on, and if you ever thought of publishing this one day, I would totally buy it! Very very nice job! :D
13teddies13 chapter 1 . 8/5/2017
This is an amazing story! I love how all the characters, especially Christine, matured and grew through their experiences. Also, the plot was interesting and engaging.
1,083 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »