Reviews for Survivor
Guest chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
Beautiful description of survivor's guilt. If you should ever consider continuing this, I would enjoy it.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 2 . 4/10/2014
This is a little different than The Falcon and The Star. Poor Faramir. Still, that's a pretty good description of Eowyn.

Your disclaimer for this story is funny!
IstariWho chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Very nice, but movie-verse bothers me.
Still I enjoyed this take on it.
Hannon-le!
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Raksha:

You will be either amused or disturbed to know that I was trying to find this story for over a year. Amused because of the time it took, disturbed because of why I wasn't finding it: I had remembered it as being from Gothmog's POV. Troublesome proof of my brain's Orc-filtering tendencies. Also potentially disturbing (that I know should know this, anyway): this is one of perhaps three stories on the vast Internet featuring Gothmog. The Orc, not the Balrog and not someone's OC that they named Gothmog.

Well-realized aftermath to the sortie, a sympathetic Faramir, and I'm glad the horse lived at the end.
Darkover chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
This was extremely well-written. Poor, sweet Faramir, who has suffered so much! And yet, he still thinks of others. I liked it when he had the realization that for the first time, he can make his own decisions about his life. I think your portrayal of his motives in hoping to help Eowyn are compatible with both the book-version and the movie-version. Thanks for writing such a moving story. Sincerely, Darkover
x-Goody2Shoes-x chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
Short and sweet - a fantastic job! )

Excellent characterisation of Faramir, giving depth to the movie character, yet inkeeping with the book.

I loved your description of his first sighting of Eowyn.

It was my favourite part.

Once again, cognratultions!
Desertfyre chapter 2 . 4/5/2010
Aw, this was a good story about the missing time btw Faramir going to Osgiliath and returning.

I greatly enjoyed it! D
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Woderful, absolutely wonderful! I loved your portrayel of Faramir, so selfless even in his darkest hours... And the way in which you wrote the movie-verse version of his first sight of Eowyn is simply perfect! Thank you for a very beautiful (and sad!) fanfiction! :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Wow. This was excellent! Dark and painful! Poor, poor Faramir! *sniff* And the fact that you had him stay lucid through all this ordeal makes it even more painful!

But I love your characterization, and how, even in this situation, Faramir remains a valiant and patriotic Captain... His thought of Boromir and Denethor are really touching a well!
Not2BForgotten chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Excellent! For both chapters! I really really really liked this one!
Nesta chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Aargh, poor Faramir! Please bring him round quick.

A bit more about his "great deeds" would be nice. Everyone else gets credit in spades for their military prowess, but poor Faramir's just get ignored. It's not fair!
lucidity chapter 2 . 10/22/2005
This story was breathtaking! I loved it! You write very well in the first person and it worked very nicely for this story.

I hadn't given much thought to how Faramir ended up back in the White City after Osgiliath. Your story was thought provoking and sad. Your Faramir is no wimp. Huzzah!

I will admit that I saw the movies before reading the books. *hangs head in shame* I loved Faramir from the movie before I read how even more wonderful he was in the books.

Bravo on such a fine story! Thanks for sharing it.
Celebne chapter 2 . 7/10/2005
A very dramatic story, Raksha! Very good written. It fills excellently the gaps in the movie between the scenes "The sacrifice of Faramir" and "The siege of Gondor".

Greetings

Celebne
Lilan chapter 2 . 3/18/2005
Great. I mean it. No, I didn't cry (I rarely do so, though I am a woman and a Faramir fan), and I am grateful for the idea of a Faramir strong but tired of everything, a 'leave-me-be' viewpoint. I think that's precisely how you end up feeling with a 'proper' older brother, a father who sets unimaginable tasks, and a war around. There must be a degree of numbness eventually. Anything of the same sort?
Quickbeam1 chapter 2 . 3/8/2005
This is my second attempt at reviewing. I received an error message the first time I hope this won't show up as a repeat.

Once again, an utterly beautiful chapter! Your fine wording, wonderful description and attention to detail, and strength of feeling conveyed were just wonderful! Excellent writing!

The whole story was wonderful, but I particularly loved your concluding paragraph in chapter two. I look forward to reading more of your stories. You definitely have a way with words.