Reviews for Requiem's End
Destiny Grave chapter 26 . 2/26
Oh. My. Gods! I just discovered this fanfic, and you likely don't monitor this account anymore, but if you do, I'd like to congratulate you. Firstly, for getting me back into writing. I haven't written a thing since before my daughter was born, three years ago. This has inspired me to pick up the pen once more, and for that, I am forever in debt to you. Secondly, I'm congratulating you for creating such a masterpiece, one that I think Gaston Leroux himself would have enjoyed reading. Finally, I'd like to congratulate you on creating something that has been rediscovered and enjoyed nearly a decade after it's creation. That is an impressive feat.
siiriuslove57 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I love it so far. I think you managed to capture Meg's voice and backstory wonderfully. Occasionally the narrative seems as though it was originally written in the third person and then converted to the first person - Meg describes things about her own actions that people generally don't notice in themselves. Additionally, the long chunks of writing can be a bit of a headache. If you don't want to split up the descriptions, speech should definitely be double spaced and in a new line, e.g.:

" anger him any more than I was sure I already had.

"You've done what you came to do. Leave." He commanded.

But his voice was not as powerful as I knew it to be...

(In this example, I would probably leave out "He commanded" for more punch. You could maybe describe the Phantom's delivery of it in Meg's narrative. Something like "His words were harsher than I expected" following the line of speech, or "He spoke before I had the chance to" before the line of speech - just a suggestion!)

Right and this review is a lot longer than I originally intended. It's also six years since you updated this story so I'm guessing you will never see it and also that your writing style has probably changed a lot in any case. I shall just leave it for the sake of telling myself I haven't just wasted my life writing this.

Looking forward to the rest of the story! I hope you're still writing.
Nenagh24 chapter 26 . 6/6/2013
Please excuse me while I sit and smile stupidly for a while at how brilliant this story is. The characterizations and story progression are so wonderful! Thanks so much for this fantastic piece!
SerynnLux chapter 11 . 5/11/2013
Ok, I know this story is old, but its brilliant and I love it, because Erik/Meg is one of my favourites. I just have a question; when did the narrative switch from 1st to 3rd person? And can you teach me how to do that so well? I normally HATE when that happens, because of the lack of continutiy. But this time... I was halfway through the chapter and just went "woah, wait a sec here..." also, why? Is there a purpose, or just preference? Though this is so far down the road... I dispaire of getting a response...
Irenerose49 chapter 26 . 2/14/2013
It was beautiful
I loved it with my whole heart
Megan you described in this story was
Just perfect !
I can't see the reason why there is no More
Attention to this story :( because
Everyone knows that you deserve
(even though the ending was bit shocking
Oh I was truly shocked
When I found out "and they did , -the end-"
And nothing more !
You better write more for poor readers
like me:( anyway)
Create this amazing story
-With lots of love 3 -
Quinn B chapter 26 . 9/20/2011
I know it has been several years since you finished this story, but I just wanted to let you know that this is one of my favorite Meg/Erik stories ever. And the fact that you were able to write such a considerate, well thought out story when you were 17 amazes me. You have some serious talent! I wish you luck on whatever you put your pen (or keyboard) to next! I know that it will be just as spectacular as this story.
blizz D chapter 26 . 7/4/2011
This was an awsome story...that had a bittersweat ending. :P I would love there to be a sequel to...but thats just my opinion. lol XD anyways..I truly enjoyed it and I am greatful that you came up with this truly spectacular story! :) You are an amazing author and I look forward to reading whatever storys you create in the future! Thank you! :D
StrungOut chapter 17 . 4/26/2011
You are absolutely right this story is addicting. I think i might need fanfiction rehab after this!
Roolsilver chapter 26 . 3/11/2011
I keep coming back to this story. It's not the best written, or most complicated, or wildest story in the mix. But it has books, and literacy, and the way you characterize Sorelli is completely amazing. I love this story for the story you tell, and will re-read it again in the future.
Fanficlunatic chapter 6 . 1/8/2011
this really is addicting...
animevideogame freak chapter 26 . 10/9/2010
I LOVED IT! so very good im so glad i read it. i was laughing to because the other night i needed to go to sleep and it was late and i kept saying to myself one more then ill go to sleep and i didnt go to sleep until like 6 chapters after lol anyways awesome story _
ladylemonade4ever chapter 26 . 8/24/2010
Best. Ending. Ever. Enough said.
roolsilver chapter 26 . 10/16/2009
1. Aww! Cute!

2. I really liked the continuity in this. It was a little different than most stories I read.

3. My name is Megan. IT AMUSES ME! I always get a special little smile when people write her as Megan.

4. My husband and I met over books, bonded a wonderful friendship over books, and he had a whole proposal planned out involving a book.(Which he adoreably flubbed completely when his mind blanked) We plan to have a house filled with books, and you putting that in your story makes me teary with happiness.

5. I love the Sultana bit. The only other time I've read about that particular type of deception with paint is in The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis. Props to you.
LadyTeacups chapter 26 . 12/29/2008
Ok... so I finished reading this last night, and can I just say you've made me an E/M shipper for life? XDD

I can't honestly explain why I came to the PotO fandom, when I usually don't stray from anime, but I suppose it all started when I got this strong urge to see the movie again. So here I am rambling and reviewing a fic for a pairing that left me wondering if someone could make it happen. I haven't read the novel, I have to now, because if Raoul is a sissy like some of the other reviewers say he is... then I am going to have an awesome time reading it. DD

Anyway... Meg. God I love what you did with her, strong and caring-plain but extraordinary. Almost like if I where to reach out and touch my computer screen I would be able to feel her. You made her so human like, it was as if I could see her in front of myself. Jebus and Erik... just... just gah! You've left me speechless. Thank-you for not rushing a delicate romance, I'm a fan of fluff and chocolate bunnies-I won't deny it-but to get to the sappyness you have to build a relationship first. More writers should definitely take this approach more often.

A house filled with books and no phantom babies! Lawl I loved it anyway and my imagination can take me farther. XDD I would love to see more E/M fics from you! Only 7 pages of this wonderful couple and for some odd reason the rest is E/C... bleh.
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 26 . 8/8/2008
Hello. I am reviewing this story to say that it was one of the best pieces I have read in a very long time, and merged the movie and book and play into something that turned out so lovely. I am putting this book under both favorites and alerts, becase that way I shall remember which one it is. I have only just doven into MegErik fics, but I love them because it shows what could happen afterwards to our beloved Phantom and that happy endings are indeed possible for him, and that's why I like these particular fics and this specific pairing: It's incredibly emotional on both parts, leading to many plot hurdles and difficulties and all-over love. I do hope that you continue writing MegErik fics because of the excellent job that you have done with this one. Good luck.