Reviews for The Golden Day
gleamfang chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Didn't expect a story with such a title to be so sad at the end. Poor Laguna, I think that he at least deserves a second chance.

Happy that the wedding is so perfect and Squall and Rinoa are still head over heels though!

Cheers

Keep Writing
Sariah Loire chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Beautiful, even if very sad! I love anything about Laguna, and this really captured (I believe) his honest feelings.

And I couldn't help laughing at the last line you included. Everytime I read Squall saying that Laguna talked to himself too much, I would stare in wonder at the oblivious guy.
C2ii chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
the ending was...(in the good way)
raindropsX chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
i just have to say that i thought this was a pleasant read.
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
I'm so glad I found this story. I love it. The dialogue is great - funny, touching, in-character. Beautiful.

There are a few typos - words that got scrunched together, that kind of thing. It's probably just the formatting on this website that screwed up. I don't think this is though: 'Rinoa Heartilly was stood on a little white stool'. That should be either 'was standing' or 'stood' by itself, without the 'was'. Anyway, it needs checking over, but the errors didn't really take away from the story itself.

The emotion is great and I love all the little details you've put into it. I don't think Laguna was OOC. On the contrary, I thought your characterisation was excellent.

I do think the ending is a little abrupt. Perhaps it's a little too bitter. I understand what you're saying, but I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion that might work better. Perhaps you could have Laguna symbolically stepping aside for the young couple - reflecting that they are the future and he is the past. If he's happy for them, and he accepts this, then the story will finish a little more hopefully, as well as preserving the bittersweet tinge. Then there's the realisation that although his story is at an end, as you put it, theirs is just beginning.

I loved it anyway, especially the interaction between Laguna and Selphie and Rinoa. Thanks for a great read.
daminimoo chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
very,very good, i thoroughly! As the story is about marriage you could call it something like 'angels in white' (you can have that one!0
higher than sky high chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
“He should be dead after that hit”, “That wouldn’t have fixed the car, he didn’t even check the catalyser-”

haha i love that. :P so squall-y

this fic was really nice! i love how you describe everything.. i agree that laguna seemed kinda oc but eh, whatever. lol.. so like selphie to invite him without telling anybody. xP
LeontillyBalambgirl chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
woot love this. spesh the squinoa wedding as thats just very me, but also love the use of laguna in this x
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Unfortunately, the abrupt ending sucks, but everything else was just PERFECT - I haven't read an equally good fic in a long while. I loved your characterization of Laguna, I don't really think he's OOC in this. Serious, yes, but we all have to remember that he's dealing with serious matters... so I have no problem with his withdrawn, melancholic behavior and newfound eloquence.

I'm glad that he didn't tell Squall the truth - not because he was such a coward, but because he didn't care enough, because he thought that it would be best to leave the past behind... and becase he found his son too unapproachable. I loved his doubts and the bittersweet ending.

The other characters (Squall, Rinoa, Selphie) were portrayed perfectly, as well. I smiled at Rinoa's warm enthusiasm; she was acting so IC that I simply lack proper words to describe my amazement. The little nuances concerning Squall (like the part about Agnelo, or his comments at the movies) really made me shiver.

Well, to sume up, it was a great fic - you used a very cliched plot, but managed to show it in an entirely different light. Kudos to you. I'm adding the story to my favorites.
CTHKSI chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
That was great. Bittersweet. Closing, but not exactly the way one would want it to be. Great job! :D
Kopitar chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
OH MY GOD. YOU LIKE FINAL FANTASY AND WHEEL OF TIME? I LOVE THOSE! WOW! Maybe we should talk sometime on AIM or something, if u have it!
heart me not chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
Flaws? Nah! It's beautifully structured n Laguna OOC? Nah, I can see Laguna like that, like in the end of disc 3 when you try to get the squall card on the ragnarok, he says to Squall "Mabye we can after all this is over," or something like that. (I dun have a great memory.)

I look forward to the FF8 stories u have planned so keep up the great work!

Another title? hmm... sorry, not good at naming titles either.

Cyaz!

Leonhartilly
Angelprinczess chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Wow, this was great! I really enjoyed seeing Laguna in more of a serious light, which definitely works for him given the situation and the time that has passed. I think you described all of the characters really well, and kept up with their original personalities. Great job!
Magic101 chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
wow! great job! i loved everything about this story. you wrote laguna very well. the story was a little sad towards the end but happy at the same time. it was a great effect. keep writing!
Draven Nightly chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Very, Very good. I thought it was one of the better fan fics I have read were Laguna wants to tell squal the truth. Keep up the good work.