Reviews for Red Rose
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
A hint of things and sorrows to come...
Miriel Amarian chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
About the odd double spacing...

I don't know what it is. I don't double space my poems, or anything else, really, in Microsoft Word. It bugs the heck out of me too. I wish I knew how to fix it.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
Nitpick: Several times you skipped a line instead of using punctuation. And the double spacing was a bit hard to read.

But the language is lovely, with some very vivid descriptions. Did you intend the finger-pricking to foreshadow his shooting her? That's how I read it, and it made me shiver.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
somehow i didn't get an author alert for this! good thing i checked just in.

"Nay, I used a more pleasant means of binding" ah.. so subtle, so nicely put, so like your style. Again, like most all your work (i can't vouch for the ones written when you were intoxicated, hehe) this is wonderful.

I never really got into the story of Aredhel and Eol, or of Maeglin, but this pierces my interest a bit. I like the whole metaphor of the rose. I feel so bad for Eol sometimes, but then again, I feel bad for every case of unrequited love. Nice job; you have interested me in the tale of Eol and Aredhel. do you suggest with this poem that she once favored him? "You used to look upon me more favorably"

talk to you soon
Arthien1188 chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Wow. Awesome. I thought it was great. Beautiful...chilling...it was lovely. I'm throwing it on my favorites list.
jilian baade chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Lovely. Aredhel is probably different with mood swings in pregnancy here. Perhaps that, and his jealousy over the time she has to spend with Maeglin is what alters their marriage?

At least he does love her.

One tiny nitpick, I found the continuous double spacing irrating to read. Otherwise, very enjoyable.
KentonDragonofLightning chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Like all your works, this is marvelous, its dark and i like it. I like the ending the best out of the entire poem. There is however one extremely minor gramatical error, or at least to me it seems like an error, in the 5th line. I hope you write more stuff soon, iI love all your work.
Faerlan chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Oh, hauntingly beautiful. The ending is great...chilling! Love it.
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
What a beautiful and slightly creepy portrait of Eol! Fantastic writing. I love the last line especially.