Reviews for Voices
Enigma infinite chapter 8 . 9/15
anonymous chapter 8 . 5/18/2010
its a great fic. the display of emotions...amazing!u should continue the fic in some it up:)
bubblygoo chapter 8 . 12/14/2008
A beautifully written tragedy with spot-on characterization.
kelsey chapter 8 . 11/20/2007
Good story. Seriously, kind of depressing and definitely tear-worthy, but great story. You should do more... But oh my god. Sephiroth - and - Aeris. Whoh. I feel for that kid and his mother, really i do, despite them being utterly fictional and all of that. Well, i didn't see that ending coming. Keep writing! That's possibly one of the best fanfics i've read so far (and i have read a LOT of fanfic)
Silvara chapter 8 . 5/21/2007
... èé
invisiblesplotch chapter 7 . 12/5/2006
You've infused new meaning into Vincent's plight and his torment. It makes perfect sense as to why he would be the first to take Aeris from Cloud, after what he has been through, after his guilt over Lu. Again, this is an amazing chapter and the huge burden on Aeris' shoulders is made even more wrenching after reading her POv in the last chapter. Once again, thank you for such a wonderful and original story. It has definitely moved me immensely, and i'd like to congratulate you on your vast talents. This is definitely one of the finest stories that i have ever read.
invisiblesplotch chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
This is defintely the best portrayal of Elmyra that i've ever read, you've made her completely human and her reactions are so believable and understandable, even when she wished that Aeris would just fade away. You've never neglected the tragic aspect of your story and you've got it down perfectly once again. Aeris being trapped in a state between would be heartbreaking for anyone and i feel terrible for Elmyra. You are a truly talented writer and i'm not just saying this because this is such a great story, but because you didn't have to go into the details of what S did to Aeris, and yet you've managed to bring out its visceral horrors in her physical wounds and on the shattering impact that it has on her friends and family.
invisiblesplotch chapter 5 . 12/5/2006
my computer's testing my patience, it keeps on stalling, but i'm determined to write reviews for every chapter of your awesome story. Barret, i've always felt that besides Cloud and Tifa, he could probably appreciate Aeris the most, especially after i saw the poster for Barret where he carries Marlene on his shoulder and stands in Aeris' church, and that just spoke volumes for me, about how he would defintely feel grateful to the sweet flower girl for taking care of Marlene. It's great that you've brought in Marlene as well, it's definitely worth reflecting on how you convey tragedy to a child. It's also touching to read everyone's personal perspectives on Aeris, and how much they appreciate her, and despite the horrors of what happened to poor Aeris, it's always good to read about Avalanche's team spirit and care for each other. Yep, Yuffie might be a brat, but she's supremely loyal to her friends, and i'm glad that you brought in a bit of her role as well.
invisiblesplotch chapter 4 . 12/5/2006
Unenviable is probably an understatement for anyone to have to deliver that kind of news to Elmyra. You're tying up things really nicely from everyone's perspectives, showing how they finally got the doctor to look on Aeris, that's the harsh reality of things, of how the stupid guy had to be threatened before he would look in on the poor girl, and you've once again managed to capture that perfectly. Cid's POV is well done also, you never let his expletives get in the way of what he's saying, and believe it or not, Cid is probably my favorite character in FF7 besides Tifa, and you've managed to convey his tough guy exterior, soft interior really well
invisiblesplotch chapter 3 . 12/5/2006
i just have to say here that you have an amazing flair for capturing everyone's personalities so accurately, this is definitely Tifa speaking and once again, i can't get over what has been done to Aeris. i especially like the part where Tifa mentioned the doctor, that just really sums up the situation which poor Aeris has been put in, treated literally like a piece of meat, everything, the strips of ribbon around her wrists to her lack of a response just enhances the horrors of what has been done to her.
invisiblesplotch chapter 2 . 12/5/2006
Okay, i'm kinda crying now, poor poor Aeris, poor Cloud, you've managed to describe her plight in such poignant and memorable language, but yet it isn't overt, which makes it all the more chilling. i can imagine how sanity shaking it can be to Cloud, just after he's been freed from the grasp of Sephiroth. You've managed to capture his shock, confusion and horror so well. Amazing
invisiblesplotch chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
Hi Ardwynna, as promised, i want to leave a review for every chapter of this amazing is a great opening, and Sephiroth is exactly how i've imagined him to be, although i've always thought he's probably one of the most 3-d and realistic villians, you've managed to bring out his vicious side excellently, and your prose is just beautiful as well. the last line is especially apt, and i can really hate Sephiroth here in the way that a good author can inspire such emotions in me, you have wonderful writing talent, and you've portrayed S excellently.
invisiblesplotch chapter 8 . 7/20/2006
i'm just absolutely speechless. i stumbled on your story and i was utterly taken by it. It's a beautiful and almost unbearably wrenching fic. Poor poor Aeris. What a heinous crime. i loved how you put the characters' perspectives into condensed but extremely meaningful chapters. When i have more time, i will definitely love to write a review for each chapter and tell you how it moved me individually. But i love it as a whole as well. It is one of the best and most original fics that i have read in a long long time. Thank you.
nesza chapter 8 . 6/9/2006
Oh my God...this is beautiful. Too beautiful. This is one of the best fics I have ever read. It drove me to tears, had me covering my mouth in awe and in an attempt not to whimper as I read through all the pain the characters had to voice out.

It had me hating Sephiroth but noting that hatred for him was nothing compared to the other emotions the fic can make a reader feel. It had me pitying the much more broken Cloud, wanting to embrace Cid, Elmyra and the rest. And it made me love Vincent so much and cry for him even though I never really liked him in the first place. And Aerith...her chapter was just perfect. Her sense of duty conflicting with her pain. Her fears melding with the need...the choice to go on...

The fic was so beautiful that I had to wrestle these thoughts out even though the story had struck me speechless right after reading it. Definitely one of the most emotionally packed fics in the site.
Travithian Axile chapter 8 . 12/4/2005
You know, I really love this story. It's just overflowing with emotion and sound and fury, and it's plain amazing when all the characters are able to reach out to the reader through simple prose. And the last chapter is genius...never saw that coming, I admit.

Thanks for contributing such a great work to the FFVII section.

T. Axile.