Reviews for Once Upon a Time
inks chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Excellent story, concept, wording, etc.!

The way you alternated between Fairy Tale and Reality was smooth and it even enhanced Grima's perspective.

It was so sad and romantic. Definitely a fav!
lalalululele chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
aw that was bittersweet
Risa chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I loved it. You know my obsession/fascination with classic storybook romances. I liked the bitter comparison, so much like my own at times
Javerts-Wench chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
aw this is so sweet!

sad and sweet!

We love you Grima!
Byrd chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Yet another awesome fanfic my Barrett! I must read the third one, your writing is so beautiful! I truly think that it's worthy of being published. _

I heart you!

Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
I liked this! Thanks for sharing...gotta go post this to my Gríma/Éowyn ML.
Verse chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
I can't believe I have only just discovered this story! Very lovely. I'm quite a fan of G/E and fairy tales, so I very much enjoyed the combination. It reads almost like a poem-adding to my favorites!
ElvenPirate41 chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Ooh, how lovely. Sad, as G/E stories tend to be, but still great. I especially liked the idea that he leaves her little gifts, and the fairy-tale comparison was a really cool idea.

~EP41 :)
SteerpikeSister chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Absolutely wonderful. i love your wistful, whimsical, daydreaming Grima. is it not strange that those of us who write for this pairing see Eowyn as Cold? the Ice Princess motif is becoming a trifle cliched, but one can not complain when it is used to produce such an evocative effect.

yours in envious delectation.
MongooseMyMinions chapter 1 . 1/31/2005

This is great, Keep writing!
Rhys chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Oh...really cool! I loved the way you paralleled the fairy tale, brilliant idea. It really seems like you captured Grima, too-both the sinister and the genuine. Even while it's very shadowy and dark and the reader sits there and squirms as he whispers of his love for her, the reader has to realize that it really IS love he feels, perhaps the only "good" emotion in his life. The selfless hope at the end really brings that home. Very well done-creepy and romantic all at once. And great writing; there were quite a few excellent lines in that one. Great visuals. Nice job!
Spaztic Arwen chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
my first thought, while reading the first paragraph was "oh gosh, he's shrek!"

but all joking aside, this is a totaly unique view of Grima. I'll admit, i pitied him, but for Sarumon's ill treatment, and the way he died at the end of the book. However, when it came to his fealings of Eowyen, i just sort of concidered him a perv. this made me pity him in a diferent way, because of love unrequeted. great job. u mentioned in ur e-mail that u had several new fics, so i'm off to read those. i think i'll do ice princess next

auri mynonys chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Oh... that was so sweet and sad! I cried at the end... it's very similar to my story "Free" (at least the ending). Wonderful. Keep writing!
oogleberry chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Hey Hey Fellow Hammophile!

It's awesome my dear. I love the comparison. It makes me think of Shrek, but that's a good thing. Of course, you are the most brilliant creative writer I know, so I have nothing to say about it. Flawless.