Reviews for The Perspective
Ani-DP-TT-PJ-H-Ben10 Fan chapter 33 . 11/8/2013
Dramatic music! I'm still excited to see how the boy's involvement changes everything!
Tsaukpaetra chapter 33 . 11/2/2013
So it seems things are wrapping up. I'm glad Erek stood up to Marco back there, it feels like he's usually portrayed much more wimpy.
Keep going;)
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 33 . 11/1/2013
Finally you updated! I hope those 2 find each other again...and have a proper date with Eric and Ewell together!
Novanto chapter 33 . 11/1/2013
been a while, hasn't it?

And still one of the best Animorphs-from-the-Yeerk&Controller's-POV fics I've read!
Salad Shooter chapter 32 . 8/17/2013
I just spent pretty much all day yesterday reading this entire thing and WOW it is amazing! Your characters really come to life, and you write Yeerks so well, this is one of the best multichapter fics I have ever read, and I come this far and find out it's not finished!

Please finish it soon, you are so close to the end and you said you were putting the last touches on Chapter 33 ... I will definitely be watching for updates!
Taka ichijouji chapter 32 . 5/3/2013
So, I read this story many years ago when I was in college, loved it and then forgot about it (honestly, I forgot I even had a fanfic account due to school). Recently, I have gotten back in to this world and I must say that your work is still great. I hope you do finish the story eventually. I know all too well how life gets in the way of hobbies such as fanfic writing. Great story though.
Ani-DP-TT-PJ-H-Ben10 Fan chapter 32 . 4/23/2013
:( not sure if you are planning on finishing this, but it's really good.
Guest chapter 32 . 2/14/2013
I just discovered this story the other day and literally spent the entire day just binging on all 32 current chapters and I adore what you've written here. It's so often that I'll try to read fanfiction and I'll get turned off because the writing is hacky or poorly constructed. There are so many authors out there that will retread canon plot points, resulting in incredibly boring stories, telling the reader what they (presumably) already know. Not to mention when original characters are introduced, many people forget to make them interesting and rounded-out - to make the reader care about these people they've never met before.

But onto my point. These are all pitfalls that are easy to fall into. And you haven't fallen victim to any of them.

Your writing is quite good, and the flow between chapters is excellent, which is somewhat surprising considering the gaps in writing it. I'm always eager to turn the page, as it were, to find out what will happen next. I really enjoy your OCs, and want to see things end happily for them. Also, despite the fact that I am familiar with the original material and know how events will play out, because of the fact that you're focusing on other characters the reader doesn't know how things will play out in this version of the story, making for a compelling read.

Particularly I like that you're focusing on the gray space between the good and evil camps, as I've always found that interesting and thought provoking. The entire concept of what the yeerks are and what they do always fascinated me from book one and only grew in fascination when we explored the yeerk perspective in book 19. Visser Three is not representative of the entire yeerk race in the same way that any random person is not representative of the entire human race. The yeerks are not doing what they are doing because they're evil or anything so lacking in depth, but rather because they are motivated to do so for their own reasons, generally because they don't like the body they're born into and want to explore another option, which they are able to do - this is their motivation and what drives the entire Animorphs story. I guess what I mean to say is that this complex conflict has always fascinated me, and in reading your story I am reminded of how interesting those concepts of freedom, choice, longing, and guilt always were.

Long review I know, but I want you to know that I'm glad for you that your life keeps you occupied enough not to update constantly, but I will be keeping a lookout for updates. You've written an interesting story and I'd love to read more. ]
Novanto chapter 32 . 12/12/2012
So hooked! My heart, she is pounding and wants more!
Tsaukpaetra chapter 32 . 9/14/2012
Oh hey! J liked the plot advancement in this chapter, many things happening at once working to correct some of the plot holes in the canon ;(
Keep going! :)
Chang chapter 7 . 9/1/2012
Hah! GAYYYY
Guest chapter 31 . 8/31/2012
That's pretty terrible logic but, well, logic was never Cassie's strong suit. A normal Yeerk might never casually drop Visser One's name but what about a Yeerk who took an Animorph and is planning on bringing them down? If they're half-way competent then they'd casually drop the Visser's name the same way Ray would.

Of course, without having Cassie infest him temporarily (she'd call it a violation) or having him morph a Hork-Bajir and proving it like Jara did (which might not work if the Yeerk went to Z-space, would be very painful, and Cassie would likely waste a lot of time getting permission to acquire a Hork-Bajir) there aren't many options aside from waiting three days. Still, he really should be left behind. Cassie's instincts are simply not THAT good.
Sarah1281 chapter 31 . 8/31/2012
I don't understand why, if they suspect the three of being controllers, they are planning to go into battle with them. That's suicidal right there.
bowow0708 chapter 30 . 8/25/2012
Oookay, I'm getting a bit lost here, but I think that's just me not remembering the plot that well. I'll just read from the beginning, yippee!

This chapter was interesting, it's a bridge chapter and I can't wait for the next one.
BabelFish42 chapter 22 . 8/13/2012
Wow! There are so many layers of deception going on here it’s making my head spin. There’s Jean, who most people would assume is an involuntary controller, but who actually is voluntary, but is actually hoping to get rid of all Yeerks. Three layers of deception. Then you have her Yeerk, who is actually a human impersonating his former captor (who is also a close friend), yet despite being human, he’s actually very sympathetic to the Yeerks. Another four layers of deception. It’s insane! And I absolutely love it.

And I also think you’re completely brilliant for drawing so many parallels between sympathy for enemies, and being gay. The way society doesn’t approve, thus the need to be “in the closet” about your true feelings for people who are supposed to be your enemies. The high stakes involved in trying to guess whether or not someone else is on your side and has the same sympathies you do – something that, the narrator points out, gay kids have to do all the time. People accusing you of doing something unnatural and crossing lines that shouldn’t be crossed, because you see things in a different and go against tradition. There are so many parallels here. Kudos to you for pointing them out!

And of course, I love the characters. I love the dialogue. And I really love the plot – the way we get to see the events of the final arc of the book through many different eyes. The explosion and the aftermath were particularly moving. Seeing an overhead view of the destruction in the actual series was bad enough, but all your little clips from people who were there on the ground made it so much more real.

Brilliant, wonderful story so far. One of the best I’ve ever seen. I really admire you for sticking with it so long. When I saw it was started in 2001 and had 29 chapters, I assumed it must be complete. Surely something that long and that old wouldn’t still be a work in progress. Apparently I was wrong lol. Please, please, please keep writing! This is one story I definitely want to know the end of.