Reviews for The Men From Hell
Tacodestroyeravenger chapter 11 . 10/1/2015
This was definitely well thought out and now it makes sense how this was formulated. Muse does feel like the perfect musical influence to this story. Also I applaud that through your story you managed to greatly improve your spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. I'll admit I was a little turned off by the initial grammatical mistakes but am very glad I decided to finish. Your use of actual factual knowledge and research is quite intriguing and I felt it proved that you spent much work on this. It also doesn't help that I've found myself a sucker for internal battles (if not obvious for my fascination with J&H) and your story had a different take and feel to it than the others I've read. It really makes your story unique and original for the fact that you made Jekyll as a more hardened man and less of the over exaggerated whimp factor that people tend to give him (I mean I get he is nervous and jittery but a whimpy coward I think not) Jekyll has more character than that and I like how you filled in the blanks. Also like the sly references in the end to Hyde as it is important to remind the reader of the internal battle of J&H (as Hyde is always present as Henry is), even though that wasn't the focus of the story. Overall, this was very well done.
Shutchings chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Oh wonderful idea! Of course, James Mansfield who played the original Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde was brought up in the ripper case because of his performance wasn't he? My money's still on Maybrick...
qwerty01010101 chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Like the story, hate the spelling mistakes. If you ever have time, i think you should go back and edit this.
Faust chapter 11 . 3/20/2005
HE STAYED WHOO HOO!

That fic was awesome from beginning to end.

I liked Nemo's line.."We did not come here just to save whores...we came to save you."

The only downside of your story was the spelling but who cares. I also like how once Jekyll shaved his beard (you remember how that vexed me) and Mina commented to herself that it was like the old times.

End Credits notes.

"Kiss me to fiercely

hold me too tight

I need help believing

you're with me tonight" P.s. Glad that Nemo lived,who is that shape in the shadows?
kjwa'kgjaklhjga'whjwa chapter 11 . 3/20/2005
Nice ending, you should do a sequel.
Faust chapter 10 . 3/18/2005
Pleeze tell me thats not the end. THAT WAS SOO COOL! A little disgusting when Dr. J drank the contents of Warren's stomach. he seemed a bit like a vampire (hm him and Mina may have ALOT in common)That part were his mouth was dripping blood to his chin and neck made me think of that scene in Dracula...you know the one...

*Got the hug..would have been better with a passionate kiss added but I'm happy* *They do love each other don't they*

Sorry for overlong review.
kjwa'kgjaklhjga'whjwa chapter 10 . 3/17/2005
I liked that cahpter the best, and it's one of the best action scenes I've read.
Faust chapter 9 . 3/15/2005
All is going to Hell in this chapter... Ugh a cliffhanger! Is Mina dead! Is there a "Warren Beast"! Can Nemo save his ship from attack, will Skinner make it to the warehouse! I'll stay tunned
kjwa'kgjaklhjga'whjwa chapter 9 . 3/13/2005
Um, dude, go over your spelling.
Faust chapter 8 . 3/6/2005
I saw this was updated and I said YES! I like how you tied in the whole Danvers Carew was one of the freemasons. wowsa he's 64 whew.

*A note saying that Tom is lucky Hyde didn't riip out his intestines to use a dental floss, but then again he was put out with opium.

*Yeah while he's cleaning himself off he should lose the beard! hehe coulden't help it.

(Did you ever notice that when you go into the attire special features for the characters attire the door nemo is standing by has the freemason's symbol hm)

Pitty Mina and Hen probably won't be together. aww shoot.
kjwa'kgjaklhjga'whjwa chapter 7 . 3/1/2005
Good job with connecting From Hell, LXG, and of course, the Jack the Ripper mysteries.
Faust chapter 7 . 3/1/2005
First off both quotes were from Robert Louis Stevenson, the mastermind behind Jekyll and Hyde.

This chapter put a smile on my face! you used the quote!

That Skinner is a card. The diary part had me thinking of Shrek 2. I pictured Tom saying.."I was just ahh..reading a scary book"

One night stand or not,I believe Mina has some feelings for him. "who wouldn't. nudge nudge wink wink".

IE/ watch that spelling hehe :)

And also I see they added a From Hell section to the fanficton page, amybe I should thank you for that.

"Some of the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched,..they are felt with the heart" Robert Valet
Faust chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
your spelling has greatly improved even though you left out some letters and words to clairify sentences.

The suspense is intense, how is Jekyll going to get out of such a precarious situation,how will he be saved from such woe! It's too much to bear.

better yet will there be a one night stand but are there any true feelings between them!

*on to personal note I'd like to add are quotes and lyrics that I found go with the situation that is at hand and they belong to their respective authors blah blah blah.

*the cruelest lies are often told in silence* R.L. Stevenson

*You cannot run away froma weakness; you must sometimes fight it out or perish. And if so,why not now, and where you stand? (sorry for long review it won't happen again)
Faust chapter 1 . 2/25/2005

*the cruelest lies are often told in silence* R.L. Stevenson

kjwa'kgjaklhjga'whjwa chapter 6 . 2/24/2005
Good chapter, nice twist.